Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    So what if he is the leader of SG-1? TPTB have already demonstrated that they can and will replace a leader for no reason at all Personally I think he is a lousy leader and won't miss him at all if he's not there.
    Lousy leader? When SG1 was on...he had noone to lead. Sam was the same rank...and Teal'c and Daniel weren't military! So, how can you have an accurrate view of his leadership abilities??
    sigpic

Comment

No, he was the leader of SG-1 when Continuum ended. That means nothing right now. Things change without warning.

Kinda like Sam was the leader in S8 and wasn't in S9.

<<whistles innocently>>

Personally, I'd be shocked if he wasn't in it. Whether I'd be happy about it is another story all together.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        No, he was the leader of SG-1 when Continuum ended. That means nothing right now. Things change without warning.

<<whistles innocently>>

Personally, I'd be shocked if he wasn't in it. Whether I'd be happy about it is another story all together.

suse
        Okay, that's true. I'd like to think they wouldn't change leadership between movies and not give him a proper send off. (My preference is for them not to send him off at all.)
        sigpic
        Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
        I'm a 60%er!
        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Lousy leader? When SG1 was on...he had noone to lead. Sam was the same rank...and Teal'c and Daniel weren't military! So, how can you have an accurrate view of his leadership abilities??
          Funny how Sam and Jack could both lead 'the civilians' but Mitchell couldn't. And whether Sam had the same rank is immaterial, someone (not someonesis supposed to lead.

Before this spins totally out of control...

I was just pointing out that not all would be happy/hope that Mitchell was in the movie. Quite the opposite for that matter.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

i'm going to be very disappointed if word isn't given at comic con about the 3rd sg1 movie (and for the atlantis fans, their 1st movie).

mgm, movie info PLEASE.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Funny how Sam and Jack could both lead 'the civilians' but Mitchell couldn't. And whether Sam had the same rank is immaterial, someone (not someonesis supposed to lead.

Before this spins totally out of control...

I was just pointing out that not all would be happy/hope that Mitchell was in the movie. Quite the opposite for that matter.

suse
              I don't think it was that Mitchell COULDN'T lead them; the dynamic was different when he came in and he took a different approach to the team than Carter and Jack did.

Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. TPTB have no hope in pleasing all of us, so they should just aim to make a good movie with a good story and good characters.
              sigpic
              Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
              I'm a 60%er!
              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                Okay, that's true. I'd like to think they wouldn't change leadership between movies and not give him a proper send off. (My preference is for them not to send him off at all.)
                OT:
                Spoiler:
                Like Jack's sendoff? Like Hammond's sendoff? At least Jonas got to say goodbye. I could argue about the reasoning that Sam was sent to Area 51 in S9, but that's mucho off topic. She didn't get a sendoff either, btw. Just replaced, then demoted.

I think it would be in keeping with how tptb change leadership. It's what they have always done.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I will second suse's "Before this spins out of control..." sentiment.

We all know that some people want Mitchell in the third movie and some people don't. It's not any different than some people wanting Vala or Sam/Jack ship and other people not wanting those things.

So can we please allow people to express their "hopes/speculation/ideas" without criticizing their opinions every single time? We already went through this two pages ago. *big sigh*
                  Last edited by Khentkawes; 22 July 2009, 04:59 PM. Reason: clarification
                  Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                  Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    Like Jack's sendoff? Like Hammond's sendoff? At least Jonas got to say goodbye. I could argue about the reasoning that Sam was sent to Area 51 in S9, but that's mucho off topic. She didn't get a sendoff either, btw. Just replaced, then demoted.

I think it would be in keeping with how tptb change leadership. It's what they have always done.

suse
                    Spoiler:
                    I agree about Jack and Hammond's send-offs, though Hammond got a little bit of one, but that's why I don't want Mitchell to go out that way. At least Jack and Hammond were seen in episodes past that; now that we're in movie-only format, we'd never see Mitchell again.

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post

We all know that some people want Mitchell in the third movie and some people don't. It's not any different than some people wanting Vala or Sam/Jack ship and other people not wanting those things.

So can we please allow people to express their "hopes/speculation/ideas" without criticizing them every single time? We already went through this two pages ago. *big sigh*
                    I'm sorry; I wasn't trying to criticise anyone but respectfully say my own opinion. I know I was continuing the discussion and this isn't really the proper thread for debating that issue.
                    sigpic
                    I'm a 60%er!
                    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

So can we please allow people to express their "hopes/speculation/ideas" without criticizing them every single time? We already went through this two pages ago. *big sigh*
                      <even bigger sigh> I think you need to go back and re read those posts - no one crticised anyone for having an opinion, people merely expressed their own opinions and in some cases pointed out the established precedence of TPTB for doing precisely what some posters were reasoning as to what couldn't/shouldn't be done.

BTW if you are having a problem with what people are posting then report them.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                        I'm sorry; I wasn't trying to criticise anyone but respectfully say my own opinion. I know I was continuing the discussion and this isn't really the proper thread for debating that issue.
                        No worries, and no harm done.

This thread's just had a history of off-topic-ness when we all get into arguing with other people's "hopes" for the third movie.

I personally agree with everyone who's hoping we'll learn something new from comic con. It would be nice to have some more concrete information instead of the vague info we've been given.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

No worries, and no harm done.

This thread's just had a history of off-topic-ness when we all get into arguing with other people's "hopes" for the third movie.

I personally agree with everyone who's hoping we'll learn something new from comic con. It would be nice to have some more concrete information instead of the vague info we've been given.
                          Yeah, because this not knowing is driving some of us crazy. Myself included.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

<<whistles innocently>>

suse

That's true, they could easily explain him away, but why should they when he has many fans? He should be there .IMO. As for Sam being the leader in S8 as has already been mentioned she had no one to lead. Neither Daniel nor Teal'c are military so she was kinda only in charge of herself!
                            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I disagree with that. Although there may not have been an official line of command in SG-1 then, they would still follow her lead and respect her position, and if she told them to do something they would. They aren't rebellious children, after all... They're supposed to be professionals.

Comment

I think they might actually want to try having the Wraith in there. It would throw a curveball and mix it up a bit between SGA and SG1. Might be a little off though since the Wraith reside only in the Pegasus Galaxy ( I believe).
                                Add to rep if you like the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X