No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just thought of something that would be great to see...how about jack coming face to face with wait for it.....
    Spoiler:
    a wraith
    for the very first time....how hilarious would that scene be.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      Me too I understood it I don't agree but I understood it's the Doctor Kevorkian argument that's how I saw it. I wouldn't be opposed to them coming back in future movies in some way maybe they went to some dimension and the explosion was a cover but I know it's unlikely.
      i wouldn't like that to be the case it sounds very ascension(y)

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
        I think Vala won't be in the movie because BW doesn't like her, otherwise he could fit Vala too.

Originally posted by Brad Wright View Post
        <snip>
        I like Vala. If I thought there was a role for her character in the third movie, she would be included.

Brad Wright

Where do you read that? I keep on reading that Continuum sell better than AoT, do you have a link or something? Even because I'd like to know how much money they raised.
        Most of those comments started appearing on the forum when Amazon released their top DVDs for 2008 apparently Continuum was much higher on the list
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Most of those comments started appearing on the forum when Amazon released their top DVDs for 2008 apparently Continuum was much higher on the list
          yup
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

He likes so much Vala that he is not able to write a role for her in the movie not to mention that the Quetesh idea wasn't his idea but Cooper's. I'll hope, at least, that he will be able to write a decent Jack, not the joke that was Continuum Jack...
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

He likes so much Vala that he is not able to write a role for her in the movie
              Can you really not imagine any plotlines where an alien thief might not fit in? Where the more subtle humorous dynamic between Jack and Daniel would be overshadowed by the more overt humor of Vala?

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                And it gets us a movie with an emphasis on the original team and witty banter between Jack and Daniel. What's not to love?
                I've been looking for news that says Michael Shanks will be in the 3rd movie, but haven't found it. Does this mean he's definitely in the 3rd movie?
                sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                  I've been looking for news that says Michael Shanks will be in the 3rd movie, but haven't found it. Does this mean he's definitely in the 3rd movie?

The next SG-1 movie, "as far as I know, is pretty Rick-heavy [as in Richard Dean Anderson], pretty O'Neill [Anderson]-heavy," Shanks said. "So I don't know much more than that, but I will most definitely be involved in it."
                  http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/michael...e-universe.php
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing official, but he's mentioned that he's looking forward to it, so no worries there, I don't think...
                    Whoops! Missed Jumper_One's post making all clear!

Comment

So who has mentioned that they will be involved in #3 so far?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                        So who has mentioned that they will be involved in #3 so far?
                        RDA, AT and MS
                        sigpic

Comment

RDA, AT and MS
                          And CJ, I believe.

Comment

Can you really not imagine any plotlines where an alien thief might not fit in? Where the more subtle humorous dynamic between Jack and Daniel would be overshadowed by the more overt humor of Vala?
                            Right or wrong, Vala is a team member now, and she has all the rights to be with them, and quite frankly I've seen a lot of episodes where Daniel or Sam or Teal'c or even Jack was useless in it, still they where in, even if briefly. And if BW was the good writer that he thinks he is, he'll be able to find a way to manage Vala and Jack with Daniel and the team. I haven't much hope for this movie, not for Vala, but because it will be a Jack movie and if he will be the same Jack of the last 2 or 3 years, well I'll be really disappointed. I want back the old Jack, the old Jack/Daniel chemistry, their banter, their argument, not Jack the comic relief.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Right or wrong, Vala is a team member now, and she has all the rights to be with them, and quite frankly I've seen a lot of episodes where Daniel or Sam or Teal'c or even Jack was useless in it, still they where in, even if briefly.
                              Well, I disagree there. I think if you want to pull back from the overt humor of seasons 9 and 10, get the old team feel, and have a more serious Jack, it will work much better without Vala. Including actors when they have no part to play is wasteful to the budget, and entirely unappealing to the actor holding up walls.
                              And if BW was the good writer that he thinks he is, he'll be able to find a way to manage Vala and Jack with Daniel and the team.
                              I think that if he's as good a writer as I think he is, he'll be concerned about the plot and how best to address it, not cramming characters in willy-nilly.
                              I haven't much hope for this movie, not for Vala, but because it will be a Jack movie and if he will be the same Jack of the last 2 or 3 years, well I'll be really disappointed. I want back the old Jack, the old Jack/Daniel chemistry, their banter, their argument, not Jack the comic relief.
                              Having the old Jack, and the Jack and Daniel banter would most likely be why they have made the choices that they have--not because they think it will suck. I think you're asking for two diametrically opposed things.

Comment

And CJ, I believe.
                                If all of them are all but signed, that really concerns me regarding Ben. He hasn't been mentioned much.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X