This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    He should, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that he will.

Sadly, you are correct. I think they won't be as good if there is O'neill. How can you have a Stargate SG-1 movie with no O'neill. That is like a Star Trek movie without Kirk or Picard!
    sigpic

Comment

I really aren't that bothered either way, but if Jack is just going to have a second rate role like he did in '200' then I'd rather he wasn't in it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Sadly, you are correct. I think they won't be as good if there is O'neill. How can you have a Stargate SG-1 movie with no O'neill. That is like a Star Trek movie without Kirk or Picard!
        That's a great example for the other side actually. There were no doubt people going "how can you have a Star Trek movie without Kirk?" before First Contact came out, and look at it now.

Comment

The first movie doesn't need Jack.

Jack would be nice for the second movie though.
          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
          -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Indeed!

Valid point too PG15 about Star Trek after First Contact. However, I hope O'Neill doesn't suffer the same fate as Kirk in 'Generations' !!

Comment

Personally, IMHO, I would like to see both AND in the DVD movie that wraps up the Orii story-line ( especially, he's been apart of the team for so long & has been intergrial to the SGC/SG-1; both as a character & in terms of the shows continued success). I also wanna see & get together - PROPERLY / FOR REAL this time! - by the end of SG-1; it has been hinted @ in so many parallel universes & in the show's cannon that for them not to get together would be insane! I also wouldn't mind seeing & lock lips. *lol*

All I am gonna say is that if the 2nd movie does deal with time-travel & is used to launch the 3rd spin-off series; it had better NOT be involving the origins of the Ancients/Orii - I don't want STARGATE as a franchise going the way STARTREK did with Enterprise - besides, sopme things should be left a mystery/up one's imagination. . .

Comment

Why would RDA be in the movies? O'Neill is no longer a part of the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                  Why would RDA be in the movies? O'Neill is no longer a part of the SGC.
                  He is in command of Homeworld Security, which oversees the SGC and he has the Ancient gene if it is needed.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Talk of ending the series w/o Jack is idiotic. Soooo many fans would be pissed. If those people who have stopped watching the show heard about the finale, they wouldn't watch it if Jack wasn't in it. I have no problem with the new guys, in fact I like them a lot, but Jack is part of what makes Stargate Stargate. There is no denying that. The show was built upon character development with a light hearted "make fun of the alien first, then shoot it" attitude. Those wanting to ignore it and only consider the past two seasons possessing some sort of modern validity or relevance are not real SG fans. The previous analogy of a Star Trek finale without Kirk or Picard is true, but here is one for all the Farscape fans that may hit them a little better. Its like a Farscape finale without John Crichton. Would it be entertaining? Probably. Would it be a real finale? Maybe. Would it be lacking? Undoubtedly.

Personally I'm excited for the time travel premise. It gives us an opportunity to see some characters we haven't seen in awhile. An easy setup for the movie would be for Mitchell or Vala to get killed doing some sort of very important task that is absolutely necessary. Team is assembled to go back and fix it. Jack finds out his team is going back in time without him and joins up. After all, he is always saying how he can do anything he wants as a general, well pretty much anything. Then you get all the cast in there, old and new.

-------
                    Bit off topic but my fun crazy idea for such a movie's ending, assuming Mitchell will be one of the flagship characters on the new series, would be to have our old SG-1 lost in time forever, sort of like an eXiles thing for those who read comics. Meaning they are alive and time hopping all over the place. But at the very end of the credits, or at the start of the third series, now back in our "real" and "fixed" time, unauthorized gate activation, girl in her 20s pops out of the gate, Jack and Sam's daughter, meets Mitchell at the ramp. He realizes what happened, conversation as they walk into the briefing room.

CM: So what can you tell me about yourself?
                    ?: Well, I like explosives.
                    CM: *laughs*That sounds about right.

Off the wall? Yea a bit. I thought this up before they had announced a third series so killing our favorites might not be such a good idea anymore. But it leaves with SG-1 sacrificing themselves saving the world one last time, yet still alive and kicking...somewhere. I did it this way because no one wants SG-1 to die, that is unthinkable. But we also don't want to them to just stop being SG-1. This brings their story to a close and leaves them free to adventure outside of time for all time. Leaves it open for books, comics, etc.
                    -------

Feel free to make fun of my idea.
                    Last edited by skeezix; 16 December 2006, 07:40 PM.
                    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

I want RDA to be in at least one of the movies and I want him to have a large pivotal role. Frankly, I have no interest in the new characters, much as I liked the actors on "Farscape". I'd buy the DVDs with RDA in them, not without him.

Don Davis told the Chicago convention that he'd be glad to come back for the movies, if he was asked.
                      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Excellent post.Simply put The Jack character started in the first Stargate Movie and should be in the last Movies.Having Jack in the Movies is what is best for the francise IMO.Having Jack in the Movies does not mean all other characters are pushed to the side.There should be plenty to do for all the characters.I can see Jack having a smaller role in the first than a big role in the second.I can understand Mitchell Vala Daniel Teal'c and Sam getting most of the time in the first.These Movies are a chance for TPTB to reach out to Fans of all the characters and to wrap up SG-1 in a positive way.If the Movies do well it could mean good things for Atlantis and a third series and maybe more SG-1 Movies.
                        Last edited by ses110; 16 December 2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

You know I was actually stunned to find out that RDA hadn't been contacted about being in the movies. It just never entered my mind that they wouldn't want him to be a part of them.

I can understand they might have budget issues and I assume RDA doesn't work for free but have they run the numbers? His presence might well add enough to the profit margin on DVD sales to make it worthwhile.

Even if it's just one of the movies. The time travel one sounds like it might be the best fit.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Good point.I think having RDA involved could mean a lot more Money for TPTB.Whether your a Fan of RDA and the Jack character or not one thing is obvious.The Jack character is a proven draw on SG-1.I do not remember one word or article about ratings problems when RDA was on the Show.It's bad business not having RDA in the Movies.
                            Last edited by ses110; 16 December 2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Stunned was my reaction as well! It just doesn't fit. Also, on the Kirk/Picard point. They were separate shows like SG-1 and SGA. ST needed Kirk, ST:TNG needed Picard. If either had done the final movie of their series without the leading man who belonged there then it would have been wrong. The closest SG comparison would be John on SGA. Could you imagine the SGA finale not having John? It would be wrong. So how can they even consider leaving Jack out? I get that the current cast will get the juicier parts, but Jack can still have a heroic part in the final movies.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou View Post
                                You know I was actually stunned to find out that RDA hadn't been contacted about being in the movies. It just never entered my mind that they wouldn't want him to be a part of them.

I can understand they might have budget issues and I assume RDA doesn't work for free but have they run the numbers? His presence might well add enough to the profit margin on DVD sales to make it worthwhile.

Even if it's just one of the movies. The time travel one sounds like it might be the best fit.

I was suprised too, from what I've heard it seems that all the other cast members have been talked to about it, if only "informally". It would be different if TPTB came out and said they were planning on talking to him at a later date but they've been quiet on this so far.....
                                I wouldn't blame RDA if he turned round and said he wanted nothing to do with it but it would be a real shame for him not to play any part in these movies having been such a important part of the show in S1-8.
                                Of course we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about.

Yes I wonder if money could play a part but you know (and I'm not criticising anyone here) they found the money for CB, BB & BB plus Lexa Doig's appearances in S9 & 10 when they could have used less well known actors and look where that got the show.

Does anyone think it strange that it's come out now about a 3rd series being planned, where as it would appear that they haven't actually got anyone officially signed up for the movies yet? Or maybe they have and are keeping it quiet somehow.

I'm going now before I start getting into conspiracy theories

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                                X