Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will never happen but I would love to see just Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c in the second Movie with no Vala and Mitchell.One of these Movies should be Jack heavy IMO.RDA was a big reason for SG-1's Success and was the one Actor everyone heard of on SG-1.If RDA has to take a very small role in the first I want the same for Vala and Mitchell in the second.I'm not sure if it's a good thing to have the first Movie focused on Daniel and Vala.IMO this is what got the the Show in trouble in Season 9 and 10.Focus on a couple of the characters with Sam and Teal'c in the backround.If the Movies are going to be more of the same from Season 9 and 10 that could be a problem.When RDA was on the Show Daniel Sam and Teal'c had plenty of screentime.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
      This will never happen but I would love to see just Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c in the second Movie with no Vala and Mitchell.
      If only!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

IMO TPTB should go back to the winning formula of Sam Jack Daniel and Teal'c.Why follow the Season 9 and 10 formula? IMO TPTB Mitchell and Vala had a chance to carry the show in Seasons 9 and 10 without RDA and could not get the job done.Why not go back to what works for the Movie.Mitchell and Vala could still play a part but let RDA take the lead.I know many people who will not buy the DVD's without RDA.If Season 9 and 10 struggled without RDA, why will the Movies work without RDA?

Comment

IMO TPTB should go back to the winning formula of Sam Jack Daniel and Teal'c.Why follow the Season 9 and 10 formula? IMO TPTB Mitchell and Vala had a chance to carry the show in Seasons 9 and 10 without RDA and could not get the job done.Why not go back to what works for the Movie.Mitchell and Vala could still play a part but let RDA take the lead.I know many people who will not buy the DVD's without RDA.If Season 9 and 10 struggled without RDA, why will the Movies work without RDA?
          Would it really be workable to have RDA as lead in the movies if Mitchell and Vala are present and on SG-1? It would be possible if Mitchell had transferred back to the F-302 program at or before the start of the movie that he could appear in a supporting role in that capacity while Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel were the focus. Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
            Spoiler:
            Apparently Baa'l dies this season
            Oh really?

Spoiler:
            Which one? Left or right? LOL! I don't think we'll EVER be 100% sure that the real and original Ba'al dies. Remember, they had a hard time telling the difference between the clones.
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I doubt with the current TPTB it's possible to have RDA as the lead in the Movies.IMO TPTB are not willing to do what it takes to make sure these Movies are a big hit.In the perfect world I would have Mitchell and Vala out of the Movies.If Seasons 9 and 10 were a hit like Seasons 1-8 I would not be able to argue against Vala and Mitchell.I have no problem with CB and BB.My problem is the way the characters have been written.Unless things change I have very little hope for the Movies and I will not buy the Movies unless RDA plays a big part.RDA has wanted to do SG-1 Movies for the longest time and the Show kept being picked up.IMO the Movies should not be turned over to two characters who have been on the Show for 2 Years and 2 not very good years.

Comment

If the second film has time travel, who you gonna call?! Jack, who else? He's the resident expert in time travel. Also I agree that it would be a wonderful opportunity to get to see the others we've missed such as Hammond and Janet. Or if they go forward in time it would be interesting to see what the changed timeline for 2010 turned out to be? I love time travel stories and if RDA is in it well, I'm happy!

I think the films should involve all those that are relevant to the events that are being brought to a conclusion. Like it or not the events of Seasons 9 and 10 have happened and I have great faith in the excellent skills of Stargate's writers and producers to deliver a fantastic ending to this wonderful story we've enjoyed for ten years.

Comment

But ses110 and ReganX what about those of us who love Cameron and Vala and Jack. Why can't we have them all together, all of SG1 new and old term members who don't step on each other's roles or storylines. I'd really hate it if Cameron was pushed out of the way for Jack or vice - ver -usa(sp). I'd really be upset if Cam was transferred back to the F-302 program or somethign like that. It's be slap int he face to the character, all that he did for the past 2 years and his fans.
                  Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

This will never happen but I would love to see just Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c in the second Movie with no Vala and Mitchell.One of these Movies should be Jack heavy IMO.RDA was a big reason for SG-1's Success and was the one Actor everyone heard of on SG-1.If RDA has to take a very small role in the first I want the same for Vala and Mitchell in the second.I'm not sure if it's a good thing to have the first Movie focused on Daniel and Vala.IMO this is what got the the Show in trouble in Season 9 and 10.Focus on a couple of the characters with Sam and Teal'c in the backround.If the Movies are going to be more of the same from Season 9 and 10 that could be a problem.When RDA was on the Show Daniel Sam and Teal'c had plenty of screentime.
                    Ok I think everyone here underestimates the role of RDA not as much as an actor on the show but also as an EP (Gekko). I think as an EP he didn't let the other PTB (BW RCC) get ahead of themselves ...
                    Personally I don't think we'll see RDA in more than a cameo in either movies (they're so low-budget - I've seen music videos that cost more and I don't think TPTB want someone who doesn't comply with their "holy" view)

Comment

You are so right about RDA as an EP! I know we don't have a chance at that for the movies, but we still need him there!

Personally, I want RDA in both movies, but I agree he should have a bigger part in the second one than the first since it is about the Ori. In the first, I'd love to see the Head of Homeworld Security come to the base to help Landry coordinate the attack. We could have the current SG-1 team as the heroes saving the galaxy, but Jack and Landry could mount a successful defence of the SGC during the battle. Think Hammond on the Prometheus in Lost City 2. At the end, I want the whole team plus Jack, Landry, and Walter together in a scene.

Now, movie two needs to have Jack as a major player, but I agree it doesn't need to take away from Cam and Vala. TPTB can make this work by seperating them into smaller groups for scenes like they have the past few seasons. Vaniel would still get its time. Cam would still get some hero time. Sam, Teal'c, and Jack could get their time as well. Landry is head of the SGC so he'll be there. In time travel, we could possibly prevent the horrible death of Janet and see Hammond again. This is doable. The writers can make us all relatively happy if they are just willing to try (without trying to make us happy with silly cheap jokes that disrespect all the characters).
                      Last edited by Gate gal; 13 December 2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                        I'm 99.99% sure that Cliff said that he had been approached for doing both movies.
                        Happy days
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                          That would take away the whole point of Direct to DVD. These movies are going to DVD first before anything
                          I'm waiting until I see a press release from MGm that states that specifically... the last quote from the producers was either/or.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            You are so right about RDA as an EP! I know we don't have a chance at that for the movies, but we still need him there!

Personally, I want RDA in both movies, but I agree he should have a bigger part in the second one than the first since it is about the Ori. In the first, I'd love to see the Head of Homeworld Security come to the base to help Landry coordinate the attack. We could have the current SG-1 team as the heroes saving the galaxy, but Jack and Landry could mount a successful defence of the SGC during the battle. Think Hammond on the Prometheus in Lost City 2. At the end, I want the whole team plus Jack, Landry, and Walter together in a scene.

Now, movie two needs to have Jack as a major player, but I agree it doesn't need to take away from Cam and Vala. TPTB can make this work by seperating them into smaller groups for scenes like they have the past few seasons. Vaniel would still get its time. Cam would still get some hero time. Sam, Teal'c, and Jack could get their time as well. Landry is head of the SGC so he'll be there.
                            That would be fantastic

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            In time travel, we could possibly prevent the horrible death of Janet and see Hammond again. This is doable. The writers can make us all relatively happy if they are just willing to try (without trying to make us happy with silly cheap jokes that disrespect all the characters).
                            Unforionaly that never happen, since Sam freaks out about doing anything to chance the time line.
                            spoiler for season 9:
                            Spoiler:
                            Of course Janet did live and things turned out okay (mostly the same in fact) as shown Rippal Effact

I'd be so happy if we did get to see Janet again and I think like Jack, Hammond is a must have or the second movie.

I still like season's 8 ending as a end for the show. If they top that and give the fans small things that we've wait years for *cough* samjacktogether *cough* with some great term stuff with fair screen time I'd be more the happy
                            Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

How does Cliff get asked to be in the Movies before RDA? No offense to Cliff but the Jack character has been much more imsportant than Baal.Only the current TPTB would put more importance on a guest character than the Jack character.
                              Last edited by ses110; 13 December 2006, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I would not worry Anglefire.Mitchell and Vala will get major screentime for both Movies.RDA will get very little if he is even in the Movies.RDA wanted to tie up some loose ends on SG-1 this year and TPTB sent RDA to do more Atlantis episodes than SG-1.TPTB are afraid the Jack character will make the Mitchell and Vala character look bad so I doubt TPTB will have the Jack character overshadow Mitchell and Vala.

Comment

Working...
                                X