Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou
    Not bad, a bit too predictable but hey, everything is these days.
    Not bad? Well I personally thought this was the best cliffhanger the show has ever done. Also, it looks like 88% (16813) of the fans here thought the episode was 'Outstanding'. Strange that that large amount didn't come back for Flesh and Blood. *shrugs*
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      Not bad? Well I personally thought this was the best cliffhanger the show has ever done. Also, it looks like 88% (16813) of the fans here thought the episode was 'Outstanding'. Strange that that large amount didn't come back for Flesh and Blood. *shrugs*
      88% of the fans who reply to the polls will tell you EVERYTHING is outstanding no matter what.
      As you said, the normal audience didn't come back for the follow up.
      Now remove the 2 minute final battle sequence from Camelot and you'll see it was pretty pedestrian. It amounted to no more than Daniel & Cameron looking for something in a glorified attic.Zzzzzz......

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
        88% of the fans who reply to the polls will tell you EVERYTHING is outstanding no matter what.
        As you said, the normal audience didn't come back for the follow up.
        Now remove the 2 minute final battle sequence from Camelot and you'll see it was pretty pedestrian. It amounted to no more than Daniel & Cameron looking for something in a glorified attic.Zzzzzz......
        don';t forget the cool sword fight with Mitchell and the black knight ...great music during that sence
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
          don';t forget the cool sword fight with Mitchell and the black knight ...great music during that sence
          We got a sword fight way back in ep one of the year so I just saw it as a rehash. More fill in time stuff.

Comment

The most over-rated ep ever!
            2 1/2 minutes of great SFX at the end and a complete snorefest for the 39 minutes proceeding it.
            Take out the battle sequence and you'll see what a mediocre ep it is,
            And tell me how a bunch of medi-evil villagers who can't manage a lightbulb can build super Ori ships? What did they make'em out of? Twigs and vine? Did buxom wenches sing Hey Nonny Nonny as they constructed them. Ridiculous!!
            Hallowed is the plot hole

I agree with you completely on this episode, my first post in this thread still stands for me, terrible episode, unbelievably over rated. For me it was the point of no return, after this one, its all been down hill, they could have saved it, but they failed IMO.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
              ^^I think its all explained rather well in the posts above you Ptah^^

So your saying those 16,813 fans are just gushful idiots who don't know what they're talking about all the time? You sure do know how to pick your fights.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                ^^I think its all explained rather well in the posts above you Ptah^^

So your saying those 16,813 fans are just gushful idiots who don't know what they're talking about all the time? You sure do know how to pick your fights.
                I shall lead them all to the path of enlightenment.Hallowed are the hoary.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod

I agree with you completely on this episode, my first post in this thread still stands for me, terrible episode, unbelievably over rated. For me it was the point of no return, after this one, its all been down hill, they could have saved it, but they failed IMO.
                  Some have taken me to task about my incredulity about how a bunch of medi-evil dunces can suddenly build super ships. That the prior just told 'em how to do it with a couple of schematics while he powered 'em up at the completion. It was that simple, apparently.
                  To me it's akin to the heart bypass recipient looking up at his cardiologist and not being too worried that he grabbed a couple of people off the street to help him out with the procedure. All he has to do is give 'em some quick instruction and she'll be apples.
                  It just aint that simplistic. As it is with building a spaceship.

Comment

There is a big difference between heart surgery and simple construction.

It doesn't take a genius to bolt or hook or attach two things together, and at the heart of things, that's what it is. I know it might be hard to imagine, but do you think there are any major differences (at the most basic level), between, say, screwing in a table leg, and attacking a memory card to the motherboard? The technology is vastly different, but the concepts are relatively simple. I'm sure both of us could do both easily if given the parts.

Besides, the more advanced we are, the simpler things become. Our local "skytrain" (sort of a monorail) went from an old train with many engine parts, to a new one with 2 moving parts. With the Ori's knowledge, I'm sure they could've made the construction process easy as pie.

They also didn't have the same kind of "deadline" as a heart patient, where you're pretty much racing against the clock.

Comment

In the construction of, lets say, the Space Shuttle you have a litany of people who are expertise in certain departments in its construction.
                      You don't have just one overall engineer/designer/architect(Prior) and then just an army of illiterate slave labour to put all the rest together.

Comment

I dont really see any difference between the villagers building these ships for the ori and the Jaffa building the Ha'taks for the Goa'uld. The Jaffa are no more advanced than the villagers. They were taught how to build the Ha'taks and use their weapons by the goa'uld, just as the villagers have been by the Priors.
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill
                          I dont really see any difference between the villagers building these ships for the ori and the Jaffa building the Ha'taks for the Goa'uld. The Jaffa are no more advanced than the villagers. They were taught how to build the Ha'taks and use their weapons by the goa'uld, just as the villagers have been by the Priors.
                          Indeed, I see the Jaffa building the Go'uld ships as equally implausible, but that's another thread, I suppose.

Comment

And lil' snakes that have the intelligence (or greater than that) of a human being? Not to mention the fact that the Stargate itself is a blantally absurd idea. Point is, its science fiction, either take things as they are at face value or don't. Just remember the genre of show your watching here.
                            sigpic

Comment

In the construction of, lets say, the Space Shuttle you have a litany of people who are expertise in certain departments in its construction.
                              You don't have just one overall engineer/designer/architect(Prior) and then just an army of illiterate slave labour to put all the rest together.
                              You could, if the engineer had super powers and you have millions of workers at your disposal.

Comment

Well, in the end, the viewers didn't buy it, half a million tuned out and the show got canned.

Comment

Working...
                                X