Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
    That will work too. I just think Vala is such a breath of fresh air for a show that has been on this long...
    Oh, I won't deny that. Both Vala and Mitchell bring something new and special to this show. And since it was already special, they just make it that much better.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
      So at the end of Camelot you have the Ori ships kicking the snot out of the earth vessels and the Lucian Alliance. And Carter is floating around in space watching this battle.
      So is this the end of Carter?
      Could it be that they are going to kill off Carter so Vala will have a larger role in season 10?? I could so go for Vala having a real large role in season 10...that would so rock...
      are you saying you *want* sam to be killed off so vala can take over the female lead role? please tell me you're not saying that.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay...veeeerrryyyyy long, slow beginning....but the last 15 minutes....

HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD.

We are SO in it now

Of SG-1's gonna find the amulet and the world and all...but until then....
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

All I can say is holly ****! I have loved every episode of season nine and this episode confirms why. The stat was a little bit slow but i still liked the Merlin story. It would have been too easy and quick to find an imidiate answer. I loved the whole magic beamy thing Then wholy **** the Ori ships are so powerful we can't scratch them! Excelent ending for the season and in my opinion excellent season.
          Bring on season 10!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

That's interesting. I did not like the first half of the season at all. I almost quit watching. I'm much happier with the second half.
            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

anyone here speak russian?

if so could ya post what was said during the russian dialog on KOROLEV?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I have to say, I definitely wasn't disappointed with this finale. "Camelot" was simply stunning. I'd give it three and a half out of four stars, no doubt in my mind. Cam was great, Daniel was great, etc. You get where I'm going with this. The battle scene at the end was just unbelieveable. I can't get over how extensive it was. I can barely get over the
                Spoiler:
                Ori dispatching with "our" ships
                so easily. I so can't wait to see this pick up next season. Bring on July.
                I loved the "there's no magic" followed by, well, magic.

And that was quite the cryptic ending, wasn't it?

Again, Teal'c had the well placed lines that made me laugh.

Carter's doing a Crichton ('scapers will recall episode 4.11 mid season cliff hanger for reference).

And Vala's doing an Aeryn--SPOILER: is this really the best time to go into labor?

All in all, nice humor and action and suspense. Gives me something to look foward to, that's for sure!

Comment

I just caught the battle scene again. This time I was more aware of the slow motion camera cuts between the ships' bridges. The music was rising. The outside space scenes were terrible and beautiful at the same time. It was almost operatic.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Niet.

Although, I was hoping to hear one of them scream...
                    "Svyataya khuya!!!" (holy {Mod Snip}!!!)
                    Last edited by TameFarrar; 11 March 2006, 12:26 PM. Reason: its not nice to avoid filters
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

New here, but I've been watching Stargate for a while now. I thought tonight's episode was a great ending to a very good season. I enjoyed the Daniel/magic lines, as well as Mitchell's swordfight with the Black Knight. The battle at the end was really, really awesome. One question - does anybody know if it was the Odyssey or the Korolev that we saw blow up at the end?
                      I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Thought the first part was a bit slow - not a big fan of the Arthurian/Merlin trappings as they come off a bit hokey imo.

The last 10-15 minutes were pretty tense during the big space battle. The pacing and music really added to the suspense. Have to admit the Ori ships were more impressive than I thought they'd be. Great job by the special effects team.

Vala watching from the bridge reminded me of Londo Mollari in B5 - except of course he wasn't pregnant with a magical alien child.

So lots of peril for our heroes. But I bet they'll all be back.
                        Last edited by keshou; 11 March 2006, 08:06 AM.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I think that the Kvasir on the Asgard ship wasn't just running away. He probably came by the Super-Gate to beam aboard Carter into this ship before fleeing the scene of the batt... I mean, massacre.

It pretty obvious. Kvasir would be concerned for his human colleague.

IMO, its about time the Asgard built a 3rd class of starship and call it "Samantha Carter Class".

As for a "Teal'C class" Asgard ship.... maybe a large ship the size of a Hive or Ori vessel?

OMG! Kvasir stole Sam from Thor! So much for those Sam/Thor ship threads! LOL!
                          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

That was great, Awesome episode all around.

To whoever one of the early pages who was saying something about Daniel's hair being wet, there was water dripping off the roofs, so its safe to assume it had rained.

Easter bunny, haha. I think after 9 years we've learned that CJ has great comedic timing, why can't we see more of it?

MS did a great job at subtly showing Daniel's annoyance at the broken record Merlin.

Control crystal shooting seems to be becoming more and more popular, but its not neccessarily unwelcome.

Sam's shock at the massacre, great job AT.

John Noble and the girl who played Valencia were good.

One thing that would have been awesome to see in this episode but sadly wasn't there would have been for Odyssey+Korolev+Hatak's+Kvasir's ship to "focus fire" on one of the toilets. Who knows, maybe we would have even taken one of them out.

Waiting for S10.

Comment

Originally posted by Famous
                              New here, but I've been watching Stargate for a while now. I thought tonight's episode was a great ending to a very good season. I enjoyed the Daniel/magic lines, as well as Mitchell's swordfight with the Black Knight. The battle at the end was really, really awesome. One question - does anybody know if it was the Odyssey or the Korolev that we saw blow up at the end?
                              Spoiler:
                              The Korolev...Odyssey is mentioned several times in spoilers for next season
                              sigpic
                              Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                              "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Okay, so is Sam floating in space? Did she go through the wormhole? Can people float around in space like that, even with the suits? I mean, don't you die or something?

Yeah, it's called cosmic rays. They're little protons moving at the speed of light and slice through your DNA.

So what was with the Black Knigt dude? He can kill the librarian dude, but Cam just gets shocked?
                                Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Working...
                                X