No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was great and i didn't mind there was little to no action. Story telling at it's finest. (well probably not, but it was still really good)

We know more about the Ori and it makes them more interesting in my opinion.

I thought the Ori warriors looked really awesome. I'm glad their not zombies like the Sodan jaffa guy. I think the Ori warrior staff weapon was sort of cool, but not very original. (no pun intended) I mean we have jaffa staffs, why do we need Ori staffs? I have a feeling the swords they carry have an energy aspect to them, not quite like a lightsaber but still an energy something or another to their function.

The Teal'c Darth Vader quote was hilarious.

Vala was a gem and season ten is looking mighty juicy.

I wonder if Ba'al will help fight against the Ori?

I'm glad they're giving the different priors a sense of individuality so they don't all look alike. Hence the prior with the missing eye.

Bring on the season finale? I think so!

I know it probably won't happen but i have a nagging feeling that Mitchel might die in the season finale. I know i'm probably crazy and i know it won't happen, i still have a slight feeling though. I hope not, i like Mitchel when he's not being immature.

Comment

the finale is going to be so unreal amazing OMG...just seeing earth ships, FJN ships, and asgard ships together within grabing distance of eachother is ABSOLUTLY AWESOME! ! ! !

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

A couple of things i saw in the preview made me wonder about the Ori Tactics.

Spoiler:

They said that were building 10 ships near the village that Vala was in, with many villages doing the same. I thought Vala also said that the same thing was happening on other planets. Meaning that they probably have alot of ships.

In the preview for next weeks episode it looked like they had 5 Ori ships come through the supergate. Were are all the other ships? I am wondering if the Ori have made more than one supergate, and they sent these 5 ships through as a diversion, while the main invasion fleet comes through other supergates elsewere, but only after we have engaged the token force at this gate.

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!

I know it probably won't happen but i have a nagging feeling that Mitchel might die in the season finale. I know i'm probably crazy and i know it won't happen, i still have a slight feeling though. I hope not, i like Mitchel when he's not being immature.
          Rest assured it won't happen. Unless he dies in the Daniel way and comes back. You don't kill off your lead character just to do it.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This episode was awesome.

I do think they shouldn't have gone with the Ori staff because it's way too close to the Jaffa staff weapons.

and the Teal'c Darth Vader comment, he was actually about to explain what happened to him. Priceless!
            error: signature not found

Comment

The good thing about this episode--we are spared the rambo-hyper-active Cam.

I dont like the Ori story line at all--the whole thing is ripped from todays top news.
              Religious war--Chinas growing dominance etc....

Did not miss the long look between CB and BB--as if to say "together again" ugggg.
              Last edited by kazzyk; 04 March 2006, 01:40 AM.

Comment

I love that "Darth Vader" line. Awesome.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Watching Crusade I realized how much I missed Rob Cooper's writing, he definitely is the best writer of the entire writers' team, wonderful script, wonderful story and great way of telling it, of course due to Claudia's acting. She's just phenomenal. Vala in Crusade is partly our "old" Vala, but mostly much more serious, toned down Vala which I love very much. And I must admit I just adore Tomin despite him being fanatical Ori follower and I'm glad we'll see more of him next season. But I'm afraid it's gonna end in tears...

Comment

Any woman involved in anti-ori resistance is a hotteh, the girl vala took over in the first ep was hot, and now the one from today.

Too bad they both got the chop.

Re: Homeworld, quite funny really, especialy after the episode with baal (2 or 3 eps ago), the guy who voiced "Fleet Command" in Homeworld 1 was on baals ship, and said a few lines that were identical to lines from Homeworld.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      I don't know. Seems it would be easier to just have MS there, telling the story, with Vala's mannerisms, and then in the scenes on the other planet have CB playing Vala. I mean, if they wanted to show that Vala was in Daniel's body. Because that's what was really going on. The others were seeing Daniel. It would have fit the story and I think the slow viewers would have been able to figure out that MS wasn't playing Daniel if he acted like Vala. But, the screen didn't make any sense from a story pov.
                      Yeah, it would have been easier, and would have made sense. But with CB being tptb's new toy, they were never going to go that way. Makes me very leery for Season 10. This would have been an excellent episode for MS, certainly fun to watch him act like Vala. But he was slapped on the wallpaper in favor of all Vala, all the time.

Bah.

Comment

Good episode! I liked Vala earlier in the season but even more now that they toned her down. If she is like this next season, she'll make a fine addition to the show.

Was nice to see the daily life in the Ori followers village.

Comment

Great episode!!! I loved the Darth Vader line. Claudia Black's acting was so good. She can be serious!

I'm kinda glad they didn't have Daniel talking with Vala's mannerisms. True, it would have been funny, but what Vala was saying was not funny. I think it was a good idea to have some Daniel talking as Vala, but definitely not the serious scenes. The only thing I wish we had seen him say something like I'm pregnant... that would have been funny. But I think I would have been laughing way too much at Daniel as Vala that I wouldn't be getting the drama of the storyline.

Comment

I loved this episode! It's been awhile since I have been totally captivated and reeled into SG-1, but this episode did just that. Wonderful job! The whole cast just did a wonderful job.

Have to say that I loved the opening scene with Daniel/Vala going into the guys locker room and staring at Mitchell. Loved the Darth Vader comment from Teal'c and was suprised by Mitchell saying Merlin in his example. I also really loved Sam's role as well. There seems to be a more light-hearted nature to her character this year and it's great to watch develop. Also loved Vala's role too and am now looking really forward to her continued involvement in the show. I love the humor she brings.

Comment

While I didn't hate this episode. It did seem like a pseudo clip show - mostly exposition.

They are even recycling names - Tomin. It is the same as the boy whom Teal'c befriended in 'The Learning Curve'.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                While I didn't hate this episode. It did seem like a pseudo clip show - mostly exposition.

They are even recycling names - Tomin. It is the same as the boy whom Teal'c befriended in 'The Learning Curve'.
                                So what? How many people you know have the same first name as you?

Comment

Working...
                                X