No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori ships look like they fire a mega beam cannon...its the friggin APOCALYPES!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Best episode of the season by far. Which is both good and bad – good because it was a good ep, obviously, and bad because if the writers/directors/etc. can make a great episode like this why can’t they do this all the time??!! Episodes like this only make the mediocre ones even more apparent.

Thank the gods they toned down Vala. I was so sick of her brashness, immaturity, and constant references to sex that I had all but given up on her character. In this ep she was calm, smart, funny without being irritating, and acted like, gasp, an adult. While I don’t think the wild and crazy Vala is gone for good (bummer) I think I might be able to tolerate her in the future, if her character can survive the season ten spoilers.

Did they change the Ori toilet bowl ship design? It looks different from the initial design pics, which is more than fine with me. Hallowed are the scrubbing bubbles.
      Along those lines, I must say I don’t care for the Ori warrior’s staff weapon. I assume that it’s an offshoot of the Prior staff or something, but it’s way to close to the Goa’uld staff weapon for my personal tastes.

Too bad there was hardly any Daniel. I imagine TPTB were trying to make up for the Daniel/Vala mess in the beginning of the season and decided to spend some more time with Mitch/Vala, Sam/Vala, and even Teal’c/Vala.

Nice to see some progression in the Russian/Chinese gate storyline. Poor Chekov though, I’m almost positive that he’s going to go down with his ship…

Things that made me happy because they didn’t happen:

-Vala didn’t make obnoxious sex jokes (I’ll overlook the pants comment for AGateFan’s sake ) or was otherwise immature.

-We didn’t have a potential senate committee hearing redux by forcing Vala/Daniel to meet with the Russian and Chinese delegates.

-The child is not miraculously Daniel’s – no Daniel/Vala ship for me, thank you very much.

-Vala and Sam didn’t get into some hissy catfight like some fans were hoping…

-Mitch acted like an adult and less like a college kid, “butthead” comment notwithstanding. (Who on earth beyond the high school level says “butthead” anyway? )

Overall, I liked the story, thought the direction was good, and liked the buildup of tension throughout the ep. The new characters were interesting and the actors didn’t overdo it. All in all a decent buildup to the season finale.

Comment

This was a great episode I liked the way that Vala was toned done in this episode (even though I really wasn't bothered by her in episode 1-6). She showed me, as a viewer, more of her serious side and more endearing qualities of her character. I also liked how the Chinese thought that they had a leg up in offering to back a Russian SG program, but all the Russians really wanted was a BC-304 (sticking with the devil that they know, at least for now). I just hope we see some actual hand to hand combat between the Ori warriors and the SG teams/Jaffa next episode or in the beginning of season 10. I would like to see a battle scene on Chulaek where they would get off their ships to invade the plaent only to be welcomed with grenades (Tauri/shock), and missile launchers along with some Tauri and staff fire. I think if those staffs are the only weapon the Ori warriors have then they shouldn't pose as much of a threat as they probably could if they had Prior power (although the anti-Ori leader was killed pretty easily with that thing). Another thing I'd also would like to see how they fair against Tauri weapons and are they as bad a shot as the Jaffa.

Comment

Camelot trailer, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            I don't know. Seems it would be easier to just have MS there, telling the story, with Vala's mannerisms, and then in the scenes on the other planet have CB playing Vala. I mean, if they wanted to show that Vala was in Daniel's body. Because that's what was really going on. The others were seeing Daniel. It would have fit the story and I think the slow viewers would have been able to figure out that MS wasn't playing Daniel if he acted like Vala. But, the screen didn't make any sense from a story pov.
            Wasn't it a video camera? I thought they were recording her (his?) testimony and the glimpses of the screen showed what was actually being recorded.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I thought this episode was really good. Vala, while she came on a little heavy early on, really was great in this ep. I think we can expect good things from her character next season. And yay, at least now we know those Ori warriors carry some form of energy staff weapon for sure. I hope her "husband" survives a bit on the show. It would be cool to see her have to fight against him. All in all, this one really got me pumped up for next week's finale. I can't wait to see what "Camelot" has in store. Rock on, season 9!
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                Wasn't it a video camera? I thought they were recording her (his?) testimony and the glimpses of the screen showed what was actually being recorded.
                Hmm, I never thought of it being a video camera. But, do they usually videotape people?
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I didn’t hate it like I thought I would.
                  At least all of our old friends were still there. Amanda, Christopher and Michael made it still feel like Stargate (almost). They were wonderful!
                  I was really dreading the return of Vala, but she was different this time. More like a believable person. Plus her presence didn’t make Sam less important and that is something I have been afraid of. Sam is what makes Stargate special to me. I know they had to get all the back-story out of the way this week. We will see if it becomes the Vala show. I don’t want to see that happen.
                  I liked the fact that Vala showed some emotion for the man she is married too and wasn’t just trying to use him. And the fact that the team felt sorry for her was touching.
                  Maybe there is still hope we will see.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I thought this episode was really good. Vala, while she came on a little heavy early on, really was great in this ep. I think we can expect good things from her character next season. And yay, at least now we know those Ori warriors carry some form of energy staff weapon for sure. I hope her "husband" survives a bit on the show. It would be cool to see her have to fight against him. All in all, this one really got me pumped up for next week's finale. I can't wait to see what "Camelot" has in store. Rock on, season 9!

The fact that made this episode priceless was the "Darth Vader" comment by Teal'c. Seriously, that sealed the episode right there.

As for the whole thing overall, the last 5-10 minutes make up for everything else. I really never suspected the Ori Warriors having energy weapons (instead just using shear numbers to overwhelm foes, or to have the peasants charge and then have the Ori Priors in the back launching artillary, bugs, etc.).

Really, I can't wait until next weeks. Hopefully Chekov won't die.
                    Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Wow. Another great episode. It set up next week well, and it connected the entire Season 9 arc together beautifully.

The new toned-down but still feisty Vala was perfect. The character was not over the top but could still appreciate Cameron in a towel.

She seemed to genuinely care for her husband, and all of her choices were understandable given her circumstances. The baby plot appears interesting, and I'm excited to see more of Vala in the coming season.

I did miss Daniel, but we'll see more of him next week and in subsequent episodes I'm sure, so he deserves a week off. However, I, too, would have loved a few minutes of Daniel in Vala's world. Then again, perhaps whoever is using the device merely controls the body. It doesn't appear to be a two-way type of communication.

The Teal'c line about Anakin Skywalker was priceless.

My only complaint is that the writers made a tiny mistake with the Arthurian literature. Yes, Merlin enchanted Ingraine to believe that Uther was her husband, and she conceived Arthur; however, she did so the traditional way people create children and not in the way that Vala described. Vala's description fits the conception of Merlin described in the version of the story as told by Geoffrey of Monmouth. Merlin is half-human and half incubus in the story. If we assume that incubi are possible acended beings . . . This tie would have worked better for me.

However, that is a minor glitch. I do wish that the Russian general would get blown up with his ship, but only because I find his character annoyingly scheming, convicing, and useless. The other diplomats are not nearly as problematic. We're about to go to war, and we have to give up a powerful ship to a whiner who doesn't appear to be helping us fight the Ori. I wouldn't mind the alliance if we seemed to be gaining something from it because I agree with Laudry: We'd never give the gate back anyway.

Overall, it was a great episode, and one of the season's best. I look forward to next week. 9.5/10
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by yowo
                        Maybe there is still hope we will see.
                        Now that's the spirit!
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                          I did miss Daniel, but we'll see more of him next week and in subsequent episodes I'm sure, so he deserves a week off.
                          Well, I'm sure that wasn't a consideration, but I wonder if it was a scheduling thing that MS only had time to do a little bit of work on the episode.

My only complaint is that the writers made a tiny mistake with the Arthurian literature. Yes, Merlin enchanted Ingraine to believe that Uther was her husband, and she conceived Arthur; however, she did so the traditional way people create children and not in the way that Vala described. Vala's description fits the conception of Merlin described in the version of the story as told by Geoffrey of Monmouth. Merlin is half-human and half incubus in the story. If we assume that incubi are possible acended beings . . . This tie would have worked better for me.
                          That's true. I'm no expert on Arthurian legend, but I know that Igraine (I love that name, btw) did they deed because I saw the miniseries Merlin Didn't know the Merlin part, though.

I did find this episode very talky. It seemed like it was a lot of talk to set up two, possibly three points that will later play out. 1. Vala is pregnant. 2. The Ori have a supergate. 3. (Maybe) This deal with the Russians. That's a maybe because that might not really go anywhere.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            Hmm, I never thought of it being a video camera. But, do they usually videotape people?
                            I'm not sure if they usually do, but in this case it made a lot of sense. They couldn't know if Daniel would know what Vala was saying or remember it when he came back and they had no way of knowing what was happening on his end. Recording Vala's statement at least would have it on record after she left, especially if anything happened. They can refer back to it or watch it later if they need to. If they had just listened to her instead of recording it, they might miss something important in their recollections later.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Well, in regards to this episode, I liked how serious it was and how it brings into focus the impending Orii threat. And OMG at the Camelot preview.

Has anyone played any of the Homeworld games? The Orii ships look quite similair (beam cannon at the front, oval shape), but I can't wait to see what we'll pull out to meet them. Too bad I think we'll get our butts handed to us in this round, since A) Orii technology = Ancient technology, B) how long have the Asguard had to build a fleet for a menace like this? And C) we don't have nearly enough ships for this kinda assault. Maybe if we could beam some nukes inside the sheilding (like when the Daedalus arrived at Atlantis) of the Orii ships, we might be able to take them down. But from what little anyone can gather from the preivews...well, I'd say five Orii ships could smack us around like flies. Not without losses, I hope...but still. Lots of space-smacking all around.

P.S. This be my first post in the forums. Yay me!
                              "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

i love the episode but i mostly loved the sneek peak for next weeks finale,
                                SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I THINKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK FROM THE SNEEK PEEK AT SLOW MOTION OK SO YEA READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

i had it on tivo so after i finished watching it i watched it again all the way to the end and i saw it in slow motion so i have spoilers in a way lol
                                OK i saw 2 earth ships i know its the oddyssey and the korelev, so thats all earth ships and also like 6 hatack motherships and i only saw one asgard ship but the newest ones the onneil i belive is the newest. And i think it was yea 5 ori buckets and they can shoot the beam just like the one in tagalus with the satelite but much bigger. ANd it goes rite through the hatak shield and its destroyed and it looks like the asgard shields are really strong because it shoots it more than once by all 5 ori ships and it still goes on and it doesnt go through and the asgard destroy one ori ship, so that blast u see for a mere second is an ori ship and thats all i saw hmm yea.
                                sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Working...
                                X