No announcement yet.

Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't like this episode, it has annoyed me like some of season 9 has but i think the writers were trying too hard to be funny.

The Nerus scenes started off funny but after while became a bit thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      I liked Ba'al though, even with my clones misgivings. I still want to know where he gets all the Jaffa though.
      Ba'al has always been one to face the reality of things and use his 'godhood' when it suits him and more realistic views when it doesn't. I imagine he may well simply be paying his Jaffa, finding those who wish to be part of the strong arm of an empire, or brainwashing them by the boatload. Probably a combination of the all of those. I get the feeling that Ba'al is more than willing and able to figure out exactly what it will take to recruit and retain whatever followers he needs, and ruthless enough to do so quite aggressively.

Comment

have you guys played halo2? I live in finland and *****es stopped the stargate in here,so iwanna say this: your lucky you get stargate enjoy it dont ***** aboutit. (forbidden words hah?)
        S.O.A.D will save rock`n roll!

Comment

I can't believe they killed Nerus, he was a great character, so much potential there

Comment

The EP did seem funny, but it did end in trademarked SG-1 style.

I was laughing my head off at the idea of the "dangerous" corn, ROFL - but soon I realised that they were serious.

Any-who, Baal is now dead (or is he?) lol, the Odyssey reminded me of CSI:MIAMI

The orange and the green on the command deck.
            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
              Any-who, Baal is now dead (or is he?) lol, the Odyssey reminded me of CSI:MIAMI

The orange and the green on the command deck.
              I really liked that, real funky, made it seem better than the greeny colours on the daedelus (Though I like that too, but to a lesser extent)

And as for Baal? He'll be back

Comment

I just don't believe TPTB really know, yet, what they want out of Cam.
                That might very well be.

The space ships take some of the magic that is Stargate away, for me. The cool thing, that separated this show from others, was that it was a show happening NOW, with what tech. we have availible to us now. The ships take away from that, for me. I'd rather see more gate, less space travel.
                Blow up the Odyssey! And don't make any more ships! Bye, bye ships! I won't miss them, I won't mourn them. Promethe-what?
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

SGFerrit, now that I think about it, the Daedalus' silver, light blue and lime green colour scheme is sorta like CSI: LV

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, lol
                  Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                  WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    That might very well be.

Blow up the Odyssey! And don't make any more ships! Bye, bye ships! I won't miss them, I won't mourn them. Promethe-what?
                    so im a newbie and nobody answers me. I been watching 5 years. why you are so critical? enjoy it!sam`s great) flame me (i know you want to)
                    S.O.A.D will save rock`n roll!

Comment

snipped
                      Great, now I have "Jimmy cracked Corn" running through my head. Thanks a lot.

I haven't been a huge fan of season 9, though I did like some of the episodes. I won't even get into my feelings on the Daniel/Vala hour that colored the first half of season 9, but some of the stuff after that I liked. Then came season 9.5, and I've been more and more dissapointed. However, I had higher hopes for this episode because I truly, truly liked Ethon. The moral dilemma in Ethon, and whether or not I agreed with individual team member decisions had me thinking about it for days. I thought that was a great episode, so I had hoped that the last few in season 9.5 had been aberations.

Not so, I'm afraid.

The problems with this episode were rampant, and far outshadowed the good bits.

First, the production values really seem to have taken a kick in the butt. Don't they have continutiy people anymore? How hard is it to make sure that the blood on someone's face in one scene, is still there in the next? How hard is it to remember they were sitting down when beaming, so they should have been in that position upon arriving on the new ship?

And I have to echo those who are flummoxed that the team had been in the Lucian Alliance's control for two days. TWO DAYS? Please, it looked like they'd been there ten minutes. Money's so tight they can't afford make up anymore? Get rid of the damn CGI ships already, then, and give us some believability again. In Need you really saw that the team, minus Daniel, had been imprisoned in the mine for days, it was in the make-up, the blood, the sweat, and also in the acting. Same for Death Knell. AT sold Sam's struggle there, her exhaustion and pain. Yet somehow in OTG the characters looked fresh and chipper after TWO DAYS of being questioned/tortured?

I have to ask was this even in the original script? Because these people are usually much better actors than that scene would have me believe. Did anyone bother to tell them how long they'd supposedly been held captive so they could, you know, SHOW it? Or was the 'two days' bit thrown in after the scenes were shot, and the actors never given good direction regarding their characters' situations? Bad writing AND bad directing, imo.
                      Just saw Solitudes for the 90th time but who's counting.
                      O'Neill physical condition deteriorates right before our eyes and it is so believable. Among other things he has a bruise on his right eye by the time he send Carter to save herself it has spread just like a real bruise. I want to believe these people. I love(d) the fact that Stargate is not in some farfetched future but now in the present. All these fancy new toys and ascended beings - not so happy with.
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Great, now I have "Jimmy cracked Corn" running through my head. Thanks a lot.
                        Thank goodness I'm not alone now. That song has been stuck in my head since I watched the episode .

Marla
                        ______
                        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Why did they use the screen in the Stargate when Nerus was leaving?

It look so flat and obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            Prometheus...wasn't that some dude from Greek mythology? Big guy? Something about birds and his liver?

Happy Birthday btw!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by TPL2005
                              Why did they use the screen in the Stargate when Nerus was leaving?

It look so flat and obvious!
                              What screen?

You mean the Iris?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                Prometheus...wasn't that some dude from Greek mythology? Big guy? Something about birds and his liver?

Happy Birthday btw!

Thank you

So, does that mean Prometheus going to be rebuilt and blown up over and over again?
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X