No announcement yet.

Stronghold (914)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode, I love both plots, and how they progressed.

I love Bra'tac... and loved him in this episode. It's nice to see how he fits into the Jaffa Nation and Council.

The bit of him using the al'kesh and getting captured by Ba'al-clone was awesome.

Ba'al was also good in this episode. I wondered how he would react in regards to the Ori regarding Jaffa.

Teal'c was great in this episode.

Definately a great episode. Kudos on the person who caught that Jaffa dude who plays a character on Gilmore Girls, I hadn't noticed.

Also, we have seen Ka'lel before, she was in Sacrifices, at the SGC (she's played by Simon Bally).

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      and inboth cases, when sam told jacob and when she told pete, she had permission from her boss to reveal classified info. in fact, george was in the room when sam told dad. and when she told pete, she not only got permission but read him chapter and verse on the treason he'd be committing if he told anyone else.

sam did tell those two men what was going on. after following the proper procedures. and she didn't leave classified tech lying around in a hospital
      regarding chimera, when *did* sam get clearance to tell pete? just after pete got hurt, sam said, "I promise if you make it through this, I will explain everything".... who gave her that clearance?

(chimera will be my number 1 sore spot forever)

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
        Nah. I'm not trying to say that there's only one way to see it. And I'm certainly not trying to imply that Mitchell single-handedly rescued Teal'c. I am, however, surprised that Mitchell's behavior during the battle is being interpreted as heroic or praiseworthy rather than dangerous and foolhardy and, you guessed it, rash. Just because Mitchell admits the quality in himself shouldn't excuse the liability of it. If the whole point of the stuff at the hospital (which while being a bit overdrawn, was well done for the most part) with the dying friend was Cam coming to term's with causing his friend's injury, doesn't his behavior at the end undermine any growth he garnered from that experience? Isn't he just as bad, or worse, now for still doing wrong?
        to be honest, i'm not sure 'what' mitchell's motivations were for charging ahead on his own in the battlefield. i've only seen this ep once and was paying more attention to 'sam leading!' than what mitchell was doing, but... you bring up some very good points.

so, for anyone that can answer: why was mitchell so hot-headed in the battle scene? what was he trying to prove?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          regarding chimera, when *did* sam get clearance to tell pete? just after pete got hurt, sam said, "I promise if you make it through this, I will explain everything".... who gave her that clearance?

(chimera will be my number 1 sore spot forever)

sally
          Never on screen, as far as I can remember, but I thought it was one of those things that was supposed to be understood.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Well Sam told Pete what's the what at the SGC. I don't see her doing that without clearance. However, I still don't see who in their right minds would think it's o.k. to give a civilian cop clearance on top secret military activities just because he's dating a cop. Yeah he got shot at by a Gou'ald by it's not like the military has never made up stuff to cover things up before.

As far as Cam telling his buddy I find that slightly more plausible because A)he's actually in the military and B) he wasn't going to be around long enough to tell anybody. I do agree that it felt off to me for Cam to just wheel in the top secret stuff and then saunter out. Was it a military hospital? Was the room guarded? What about the nurses and personnel who come and go from the room? Do they all have clearance? However, it's a fairly small nitpick as far as nitpicks go. I tend to let a lot of stuff slide in the name of artistic license.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I watched it again today, and liked it even more than I did on the first pass. Ba'al is such an excellent character. I just can't get over his admitting that the Goa'uld may have gone a little overboard on the whole God thing. That was great. Ptb, please let Ba'al be around to plague us for some time to come.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                Never on screen, as far as I can remember, but I thought it was one of those things that was supposed to be understood.
                since sam was quoting him chapter and verse of what law he'd be breaking and the airman was outside eavesdropping, it's implied that she got permission from hammy to tell him

once he's 'in' and bound by the confidentiality thing, they control him. he keeps digging they can lock his tush up. so telling pete was damage control
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I keep getting distracted by the Jaffa named after Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                    I keep getting distracted by the Jaffa named after Superman.
                    I know what you mean.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by betjam
                      All those soldiers lined up to go through the gate and into the heat of battle and no helmets for SG-1. (I know, it's a TV show)
                      This bugged me too. I spent most of the fight scene muttering, "Where's her cover?" This show has had plenty of battle scenes with the speaking characters wearing headgear; the lack of it here was odd. Then again, that entire scene was poorly directed, IMO.

I know Daniel has "changed and grown" and "picked stuff up" over the years, but I, too, thought he looked out of place as part of the assault force. The handgun and lack of headgear likely contributed to this.

Overall, I was meh about the ep. I'm not particularly disappointed that I didn't record it. Mitchell simply does not work for me, and he works less and less with each passing week. On the upside, Carter was fantastic, and I think McCullough did the best job I've seen this season of making all of the main characters' actions have real worth, including those characters who were barely in the ep. However, I still don't care for this trend; I would prefer true team focus and balanced use of the actors across episodes.

Comment

regarding the baal clones; so the symbiotes are cloned too?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Also I've noticed their using a few more weapons now... G-36's and DAO-12 Stryker shotguns (Mitchell had one of the Stryker shotguns). I also noticed BSG were using the DAO-12's for a few episodes too.... O.o
                          i notice guns too. except where you name them all, i just know they're guns and bullets come out of them.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                            Everyone who thinks Cameron would be susceptible to Baal's brainwashing please post so.
                            i do!!

but i also think sam and daniel would. and landry.

baal has his ways.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              Well Sam told Pete what's the what at the SGC. I don't see her doing that without clearance. However, I still don't see who in their right minds would think it's o.k. to give a civilian cop clearance on top secret military activities just because he's dating a cop. Yeah he got shot at by a Gou'ald by it's not like the military has never made up stuff to cover things up before.

and LOOK how he found out about everything! talking spying

As far as Cam telling his buddy I find that slightly more plausible because A)he's actually in the military and B) he wasn't going to be around long enough to tell anybody. I do agree that it felt off to me for Cam to just wheel in the top secret stuff and then saunter out. Was it a military hospital? Was the room guarded? What about the nurses and personnel who come and go from the room? Do they all have clearance? However, it's a fairly small nitpick as far as nitpicks go. I tend to let a lot of stuff slide in the name of artistic license.
                              some things passed over me last night because i was so happy to not have sam (and mitchell) come off as treasonists.

i know it kind of makes you scratch your head on just how the device got back to the sgc and such, but i still 'really' liked how mitchell introduced his friend to the realities of alien life and the sgc program. it was a *beautiful* gesture and moment that i'm sure made his friend's last moments wonderful. (just wish his friend hadn't died *and* wish mitchell would have been there with him)

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                since sam was quoting him chapter and verse of what law he'd be breaking and the airman was outside eavesdropping, it's implied that she got permission from hammy to tell him

once he's 'in' and bound by the confidentiality thing, they control him. he keeps digging they can lock his tush up. so telling pete was damage control
                                i'm talking about just when pete got hurt and sam started saying she'd tell him everything. as far as i can see, she *didn't* have that permission yet.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X