• Show
Clear All

Hmm where is the deleted scenes?
    A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
    Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

If you go to the episode on Gate-World they have an "in the making" link I think it is... And there is a link a couple pages in on this thread *hopes she was helpful*

Comment

Good ep - not nearly as good as the other alternate universe/reality ones like 'There but for the grace of god' and 'Point of View' but then again, they are some of the best.
        It was good to see the retu of Janet and Martouf, but Jack really should've been in this episode. That's what made it a disappointment for me.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It seems everybody only cares about their own quantum universe.

In the first Quantum Mirror story, Daniel Jackson, sacrifices the universe he is in, to save his own.

In, Point of View, Teal'c says, "Ours is the only reality that matters."

Now in Ripple Effect, Frasier, as well as the bad SG1 only cared about their own quantum reality.

Comment

Humans are selfish. That fact has never changed over thousands of years. Our characters (or even their AU counterparts) can't be very selfless when everything they love is on the line.

Just my two cents.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Interesting ep

Overall 8/10

Comment

well the cascade failure was a side effect of traveling through the mirror and now they didnt travel through it so thats not a problem

Comment

I didn't like the entire episode beacause I'm tired of guessing who's with who and what happened. It's hapening in so many episodes, I mean I like to create my own scenarios, but fan fics exist for that reason. Thought, I must say I liked the cobra-kind of SG-1 team (in blue and black stripes), the return of Janet, not so much of martouf, and the fact that there's finally, a bad sg-1team (well not so bad but that's a start).

Oh yeah, the part where one of the mitchell said to our mitchell to cut the green one, is it a bomb?
                  Mod Note: Sig oversized.Click to view.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. There were lots of little moments:

--Janet!!! Not only wonderful just to see her, but I loved seeing her plead with Landry to keep working on trying to send all the alternate teams home.
                    --Carter's "I got nothing" in the briefing room. As someone else mentioned, she seemed to be channeling O'Neill there a little bit! When you add this to Sam telling Agent Barrett in a previous episode that she's not exactly single, the mind starts to wonder... (Also, recall in Point of View - that Sam was married to Jack and she says, "For cryin' out loud!") Yeah - I'm a shipper. But when Sam told Agent Barrett she wasn't exactly single, I think that was just her way of saying she has feelings for someone else and wasn't dating.
                    --Martouf! I really liked him. I never necessarily wanted Martouf and Sam to become a couple, but I always liked their interaction. The fact that they were about to lean in for a kiss confirms for me that Sam and Jack aren't an item.
                    --Mitchell jokes about Carter working with the other Carter - she finally has someone who can understand what she's talking about. Carter's smile and "Yep" was absolutely perfect. (Apparently that was an adlib by Amanda.)
                    --a room filled with alternate reality Carters (including Nerdy Carter)
                    --liked how they each tried to outthink the other
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I loved the room-full of Carters. And when the two Mitchells are sharing a laugh on the Prometheus.

Any appearence by any Asgard is always a joy, though Daniel's line about how much he misses Thor certainly earned a chuckle.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Ooh, I liked this epi, esp. the mystery about who those alternate Sams were with -- I think it was a nice 'open to interpretation' thing. I reckon in the first team, Sam was on honeymoon with Daniel:

* if it was Jack, due to the nature of their mission interrupting a honeymoon, he'd tag along (the whole common good thing)
                        * that AU Daniel looked annoyed when he was saying that their Sam should've been on honeymoon (he could've been too embarrassed to say who with as we all know how he blushes...)

The other Sam (the one who had had a relationship with Martouf, but didn't make an appearance) may be married to Daniel! -- she was on maternity leave and replaced by Martouf -- if she was with Jack, he wouldn't have agreed to a Tok'ra on the team in her place.

The one with the glasses has got to be with Daniel -- I mean, Jack's a jock and he probably wouldn't want her to wear glasses.

Yay, go scientists! S/D's gotta be the most realistic 'ship that you could place Sam and Daniel in. But, that is my opinion, and y'all have your own opinions (just don't go on about how they're like brother and sister 'cos that isn't true -- I don't know any brothers and sisters who are that close, and share that great a friendship for such a prolonged length of time. And besides, black widow rep -- Daniel's died twice! hint, hint...)

I love my logic.

: )
                        (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of this as I watched this episode again this past Saturday.

With so many Universes, and such ones as Dr. Fraiser and Martouf with SG1 in one, isn't it strange that there isn't one where O'Neill is still in charge of SG1?
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                            I was thinking of this as I watched this episode again this past Saturday.

With so many Universes, and such ones as Dr. Fraiser and Martouf with SG1 in one, isn't it strange that there isn't one where O'Neill is still in charge of SG1?
                            Hehe, yup, pretty much.

I was very lukewarm with this episode- wayyyy to much attention was put on Sam's "personal life" in alternate universes and trying to appease pretty much every shipper out there with contradicting relationships. Annoying as hell, especially since it felt like half of Janet's purpose of being there was to drop ship references. Cheered when Kvasir interupted Sam/Martouf though. Lucklily the rest was really good- but even the end of the episode just had to include yet another ship reference, making me want to strangle whoever wrote this.

Comment

I haven't read all the posts here to be honest, but it seems most of my thoughts have been covered, however one more to add:
                              This episode had it's moments, but the premise falls flat for me: an SG1 team interdimensionally stealing a ZPM just isn't very SG-teamlike. Besides which, how did they know the reality they ended up in would even have a ZPM? Or an earth? Given how many realities this multiverse theory allows for, a great many of them would exclude this entire solar system, if not the galaxy. And if their intention all along was to just steal the ZPM from Atlantis, why did they gate to SGC in the first place? Was their interdimensional wormhole-altering technology not that advanced? How did they know what to report to Landry when they were initially debriefing (as they were basically on the right track until Daniel decided to correct Landry)? Why did the only difference between Sg1 teams seem to be their uniform (as someone said, surely O'Neil would've been around still in one of them)? And..

Eh, I'll just sit here in the back and mutter to myself...

Comment

I kind of wondered that myself, about how they knew this one was the right reality...

Comment

Working...
                                X