Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerMercury
    I still can't believe that no one's still mentioned this (as far as I can tell):

but Cam is a boxer briefs guy!
    I did in the Sam/Cam ship thread. I am also a boxer briefs guy!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      Ok, am I the only one who notice the "orange space suit" SG-1? "OSS" Cam turning his head and smiling.

Send-up of Farscape?

I don't know about that, but in that same scene I did notice a Cam group that was him and 3 other unknowns. Sort of a Team where Cam DIDN'T get the Band back together!

And does anyone know if that whole "green wire" thing was a Farscape reference or if it's foreshadowing to a future episode? If it's a future episode, I wonder if green is actually the right one to cut? Maybe black Cam was giving green Cam a big F-You for foiling their plan, or was he actually trying to be helpful?

BTW: Loved the episode, I have no problem with any of the shippyness hinted or otherwise, it just made it fun. I SO thought black Cam was going go to be WITH black Sam when she said she was off to bed. I think it would have been funny to have them be an item in a alt universe. (just to clarify, not in this verse, but an alt verse. I like them as friends here in this verse, just like I like Sam/Daniel as friends here but I thought it was so cute to have the geeky ship in Mobius)
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I'm guessing they didn't. When a SG team goes through the Gate, they don't know what they are going to find.

They knew how to get back. So if our universe didn't have a ZPM, they could have 'help' solve the problem and try again.
        So how they find out once they got here. We just let them have access to the base computer? Maybe have a chat about our top secret base in Atlantis?

Or I guess the other Carter could have hacked into the base computer... yeah that would work. They didnt know and were randomly trying realities and Carter would hack into the computer and see if there was a ZPM.

Of course if their AU didnt have a ZPM why would they assume another AU would? And thus why go to all the trouble if you dont know it will work. Also, there was no time dialation here so every trip through would have been very time consuming as every Landry would have had them arrested and interviewed and then theirs always the possiblilty they walk into an AU where an evil Landry just has them shot. Oh my what possibilities abound. I guess its like a Time travel story, you just got to let some things go since its just TV.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerMercury
          I still can't believe that no one's still mentioned this (as far as I can tell):

but Cam is a boxer briefs guy!
          Well, I did notice.
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer
            After reading everyone's responses, ...ok, not everyone's...I feel like I'm alone on this. I pretty much totally HATED this episode. It was a disastor from start to finish. Easily the first episode of season 9 I would say I didn't like let alone hate. Summary...if I even hear a hint of the words "alternate reality" I'm going to turn off the TV.

I don't know if that was supposed to be an Asgaard or not because I don't remember the Asgaard being a comedy troop that talks down to people or makes stupid noises and jokes. Call me silly but I remember when talking to the Asgaard was talking to a superior race, socially and technologically.
            No, you're not alone. I only voted 'fair' for this one. I agree about the Asgard.

I did like the beginning, and the scenes with janet, Daniel and Teal'c. Good to see Martouf.

The repeated remarks about Carter's love life were ridiculous. Once would have been enough. Some of the technobabble could have been cut, 99% of the viewers don't have a clue what they were saying in the first place.

What was with all the weird faces from Daniel, Mitchell, Landry when Carter was doing all her technobabbling? And why did Daniel sound so unbelieving that the Black Team could have been from an AU? He of all of them should believe that ANYTHING is possible.

I still find it hard to believe that not only can just anybody fly that butt-ugly Prometheus or whichever ship it iwas but that it only takes one person.

Who did the editing? The scene with Black Mitchell and Black Daniel should have stayed. Cassie should have stayed.

I'd pay a lot of money to see the deleted scenes from the past years.

A fair episode with some good points and bad. One I'd watch again if I was sitting in the living room channel surfing, or a friend wanted to see it, but not one I'd search out and watch again deliberately.

Edited to add: And why doesn't someone do something about Carter's weed-wacker hair?

Dana Jeanne
            Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
              And does anyone know if that whole "green wire" thing was a Farscape reference or if it's foreshadowing to a future episode? If it's a future episode, I wonder if green is actually the right one to cut? Maybe black Cam was giving green Cam a big F-You for foiling their plan, or was he actually trying to be helpful?
              I don't remember it from "Farscape". I felt that it was a foreshadowing. Now whether to take his advice or not......
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                I don't remember it from "Farscape". I felt that it was a foreshadowing. Now whether to take his advice or not......
                I think that JM indicates this is forshadowing for Ethon.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne

What was with all the weird faces from Daniel, Mitchell, Landry when Carter was doing all her technobabbling? And why did Daniel sound so unbelieving that the Black Team could have been from an AU? He of all of them should believe that ANYTHING is possible..
                  I can see Mitchell and even Landry being a bit lost when Sam is doing her techno thing, particularly in the last gate scene when she's explaining what they're going to do. But I agree--since when does Daniel make faces behind her back on this stuff? Though I interpreted that look as a "don't worry about it, just let her explain, it's what she does" kind of look. And he's quantum mirror guy, so AU should not be new to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                    yes, the expression on Cam's face was a bit hard to read.

Comment

Ok, am I the only one who notice the "orange space suit" SG-1? "OSS" Cam turning his head and smiling.

Send-up of Farscape?
                      I notice that, too. How about the part that both Mitchells were in boxers and Ts?

Comment

What a great episode.....

Especially good things:
                        *Janet, Janet, Janet! It was wonderful to see her again---a badly missed SG character, indeed. Touching scene where Daniel recalls her death in our universe....She had the best line of the night: "Where's General O'Neill?"....
                        *Martouf in all his sweetness.....he looked like a kid in a candy store when he walked into the roomful of Sams.....At least he had some time with Sam in his universe....Even better that Sam went on to be with Someone Else (my mind automatically inserts Jack's name).
                        *Jacob/Selmak is still alive in Black SG-1's universe....and they actually mentioned him! Miss him very much.....
                        *A Siler appearance!
                        *Odd (but cute) couple Walter and Kvasik!
                        *General Hammond is actually mentioned....I think the characters of Hammond and Janet were responsible for a lot of the emotional warmth of original SG-1.....miss them both.....
                        *Happy to hear that some of the alternate-Sams are busy in their respective worlds being involved with Someone Else, on honeymoon with Someone Else and pregnant by Someone Else (my Jack Filter is switched on and working perfectly).....
                        *Just another mention: it was great to see Janet again! Shame there wasn't more interaction between Sam and Janet.....would it really have hurt?!

Edit: just read the deleted scenes. I'm grateful to Joe for giving them to us in print at least (also grateful that he straightened out PDL about Sam and Cam!!).....
                        *Glad that somewhere in creation there's a Daniel (Desert Camo) who is still happily married to the love-of-his-life Sha're. I could think of a few scenes in last night's ep that I would have substituted this scene for....and the same for the deleted scene where Desert camo Frasier asks about Cassie...
                        *Glad that Black Daniel experienced some crisis of conscience over their plans for obtaining the ZPM---that's True Daniel!
                        Last edited by SimilarCadence; 21 January 2006, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I thought it was good if it was Jack, Sam was married to that would ROCK!
                          But I read the deleted scenes they were BAD! Sorry i just don't like Sam/Cam stuff. Other than that it was one of the best ep. I have seen in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                            I'm off and on watching SG-1 this season and haven't commented on an ep before but I didn't really like this. I've decided I don't like Mitchell, and I don't like Landry.

Why did every SG-1 have a Mitchell on it? WHy not have one led by Sam, and then stick Jonas on it? Call up the guy who played the Lt. Tyler in the Fifth man. THey brought him back to the SGC and decided to see if they could use his skills.

Mitchell must actually be pretty popular. I haven't seen any complaints of how much he was featured. I guess there's no Jonas Quinn syndrome with him.

Is there a rule against mentioning Jack? What's the guy who played his clone doing?
                            Although I did like this episode I would have liked to see more variety in the teams - Jonas Quinn, mini Jack, Dixon, Sam in command, etc. (and, of course, Jack O'Neill but that's never gonna happen)
                            I guess I am one of those nit pickers - wouldn't you notice the uniform color change? Who's who - go back and look at the security tape if you can't remember.
                            I assumed the Sams pregnancy, honeymoon was with Jack.
                            Sam mentions Selmack's death without emotion - I don't expect her to be weepy but it was too cold.

And my favorite line was by the much missed Janet Frasier :
                            "Where's Gen. O'Neill?" Where indeed?
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

This was definitely one of the better episodes this season

pro:
                              - excellent idea for a plot.
                              - Carters!!!
                              - janet and martouf
                              - asgard!! yeah I know its not thor and he has a terrible name and he's not even cute but he's still cool

con:
                              - Mitchell - I hate this guy!!
                              - Landry - worse leader the sgc ever had
                              - they could have come up with something better than "they're after the ZPM"
                              - felt a little rushed should have been a two-parter

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                                Some of the technobabble could have been cut, 99% of the viewers don't have a clue what they were saying in the first place.
                                Nah, I would have cut one of the Martouf scenes in favour of a Sam/Jan scene. Love the Touf, but felt ripped off: That spoiler pic got my hopes up too high, I guess.

What was with all the weird faces from Daniel, Mitchell, Landry when Carter was doing all her technobabbling?
                                Then again, those faces are an argument in favour of cutting the techtalk. That's been going on for several episodes, but it was out-of-control in this ep. Someone explain something to me: The SGC is, in a very real way, a space exploration station. Why, at this point in its history, are we getting new people who are averse to technical information? Kinda silly, that. At the very least, if you're going to be a child about it, Just.Don't.Ask!

And why did Daniel sound so unbelieving that the Black Team could have been from an AU? He of all of them should believe that ANYTHING is possible.
                                Weirdness abounds.

I still find it hard to believe that not only can just anybody fly that butt-ugly Prometheus or whichever ship it iwas but that it only takes one person.
                                And more weirdness. OTOH, as one can be assigned to a command post in space exploration despite breaking out in hives when hearing anything about physics and the like, I suppose anything is possible.

Cassie should have stayed.
                                Well, as there were only about 10 seconds of Carter & Fraiser together, I suppose the Cassie mention wouldn't have had much resonance.

And why doesn't someone do something about Carter's weed-wacker hair?
                                Aw, I sorta liked it in this ep. She's a physicist, afterall.

Originally posted by macktheknife
                                Cam - 1025523 times (joke, but jeez, every single group?)
                                That was...odd.

Here's a question: I'm wondering why some are assuming alt.Fraiser's Carter was having a baby with O'Neill. Wasn't O'Neill the SGC commander in Fraiser's 'verse? Personally, I thought the kid was Fraiser's!

Overall, I enjoyed this ep. I would say I feel it's the best ep of the season, but that wouldn't be saying much. It was fun, but not perfect; there was an ineffable something missing. But at least Heimdall got a mention!

Go Carter!
                                Last edited by DEM; 21 January 2006, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X