Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Okay, I get that (sorta), but why would a closer proximity of the realities in relation to each other result in a lack of ECF? I guess I assumed that "closer" meant that the effect would be worse...

(oh yeah, like I would know...)
    Like anyone knows?

OK, this episode was like you were wined and dined, manipulated and seduced by someone that you never see again. You should feel cheap and cheated, but you don't care because...you had fun...and you kind of knew it all along.

I feel so ashamed.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
      I know Stargate has culled episode concepts from Star Trek for a long time, but...this is the second in a row that does so completely directly.

Last week's: Ex Post Facto from Voyager.
      This week's: Paralells from Next Generation.

Window of Opportunity was a great episode, yes, and it copied Cause and Effect from Next Generation. But, come on. There's a limit. The pryors directly rip off the Jedi, for god's sake. It's a miracle they don't have lightsabers yet.

But, nonetheless, Stargate is looking up from the start of the season.
      "And that's what I was talking about!" (last week) If you are going to steal ...er...pay homage, do it well and give credit. The show was funny and they gave "Star Trek" credit with Mitchell's beard joke.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

It never occurred to me before being suggested in this ep, that if Martouf had not become a za'tarc and been killed in our universe, and after the Goa'uld had been overthrown here, he should have ever considered joining the SGC just to be near Sam. I thought that was a fascinating suggestion. Improbable with the ongoing S/J UST at the time, but it still could have been an interesting scenerio had they explored it.

Comment

And the morale of tonight's episode...

"Ours is the only reality of consequence."
          as said by Teal'c in POV and confirmed by Landry and Black SG1 in tonight's episode.

It's amazing how fast a person will change their opinions about such things, when it's their own life/reality that is on the losing end.

Overall a very good episode, probably one of the best this season.
          I still have issues with a few things, but I won't allow it to ruin what I did enjoy about the episode.

But be forewarned JM and PDL, should you and I ever come face to face, I would seriously suggest you be wearing shinguards.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            It never occurred to me before being suggested in this ep, that if Martouf had not become a za'tarc and been killed in our universe, and after the Goa'uld had been overthrown here, he should have ever considered joining the SGC just to be near Sam. I thought that was a fascinating suggestion. Improbable with the ongoing S/J UST at the time, but it still could have been an interesting scenerio had they explored it.
            As Teal'c might say, Indeed.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
              Uhm I think I must've been late walking back from a commercial because I was very confused. I'm asking for spoilers here, hopefully get it to me before it reruns...
              Okay so the green SG1 escaped from the cell, carter and daniel went to the engine room, and tea'lc and mitchell went to the armory and then black daniel and black teal'c showed up. the next thing I know they're in the jail cell being told that the power was cut, and either i blanked out and didn't realize it, or the next thing I know SGC is getting a transmission from carter on her laptop telling them how to fix all the problems, and everybody goes home (somewhat) happilly ever after?
              Someone fill in the gaps for me please...
              Okay lets see if I can help you out here... when they (green sg1) escaped from the cell, Mitchell was really the black sg1 member but dressed in green to trick our original sg 1 aka the green team to see if they can escape from the room. In the scene by the armory Sam explained to the black sg1 mitchell that she knew it wasn't him (the real one) because if they were in his position they would of done the same too.

But originally... Sam told Teal'c and Mitchell to go to the next armory on the next level because it'll be less likely for them to be spotted. Sam said she and daniel will go to the engine room to pull the control crystal. But as we learned that they were next store breaking down the other armory.

It went a little like this.

Cameron: how'd you know I wasnt your mitchell?
              Sam: easy. if we were in your position we would of done the same too.
              Cameron: let me get this straight.. we figured you guys would try to escape so we set this trap for you. Not realising that you figured out that, we figured you out, and you set your own.
              Teal'c: Indeed
              (Im not sure if i got it word by word since the tv volume is down.. every one is sleeping here at my house)

now the tables were turned and the black team sg1 were locked up in the cell. They were told the power was cut because Mitchell was in the room when Sam was doing it, so he probably learned how to do it.

hope that helps
              Last edited by sg1niner; 21 January 2006, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                What was the big bang at the start?
                Landry is not really paying attention… they were in different uniforms, what did they change on the planet?
                Did Walter say it’s Sg-1 and this time it’s from their original location? No I must have heard that wrong. Ahhh… Walter must have said original schedule time.

Carter – multiverse, cool.
                How could Daniel be not accepting the parallel universe idea… that makes no sense…. He should not be rolling his eyes and being skeptical. He should be all over it as a good idea since he had to convince everyone else of it last time.

So the shippers get what they want… blahh
                Daniel interviewing Teal’c that felt right.
                Mitchell interviewing Daniel notsomuch but maybe it was suspicious Daniel
                Carter interviewing herself that is classic (literally since it was done before but it still works)

Mitchell: Bizzaro SG-1… funny
                Haha uber sg-1
                Is the assumed real SG-1 really the real SG-1?
                Landry: Grand central station of the multiverse --- funny
                Hey much remembering of old eps… crazy Dr Lee. Nice
                What about cascade failure thingy.—Plot hole?

Hey the armbands from upgrades. coool
                You know Landry, a warning would really have been appropriate for the whole Janet thing.
                Hey geeky Carter….wow lots of Carters.
                Martoufs dream come true I would guess.

Hey Janet good news, we have a cure!!
                Daniel or Teal’c….that’s my guess who, from Martouf.. that would be funny.

New asgard!!!!
                O give me a break, Sheppard already went there and did it a lot better… stupid.
                Ok, now shippers don’t get what they what but still …. Blahh… but the Asgard …. That was funny.
                Top minds of 18 different universes, that was nice thing to say.
                Its nice to have a very positive asgard… yes Daniel so do we all (miss Thor that is)

Gee the black clad SG-1 is acting evil, is that like foreshadowing? Or are all of the other SG-1s in on it to save their worlds? They did choose Zats and not p90s
                Are these Ori SG-1? Wraith universe SG-1?

Maybe it should not be so easy to open the brig door… just a thought. I guess now we know how Vala got away. Wouldn’t the other Carter know this…..uh guess so. Yeah!!! Good SG-1 is smart too!!! Our Teal’c is nicer though… why the pants?

Is that Siler?!?!?! Yeah!!!... Walter and an Asgard… Yeah!!!!
                Why is Daniel acting like that… how can people say his character has not changed. He used to care about science.

OK, don’t cut the green one that’s my advice. Dohh… more shipper stuff. …. Blahhh
                And Janet is leeeaaavvvinnnngggggg noooooo.. and Martouf tooo… I am sad.

Good ep by our friends Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie and Peter DeLuise. In fact I will watch that several times to pick out all the SG-1s and tells in the episode..

only the 2nd S9 ep I would do that with.

Great epi, though I am SO glad I wasn't the only one who found that snag with Daniel's skeptism in the beginning (geez I totally butchered that word ).

Also... WHAT was with the "almost kiss"?!? Oh I nearly had a FIT when I saw that. My earlier suspicions had been correct: they ARE trying to bring back every old love interest of Sam's. Although I also had a shrewd feeling that when Sam & Mourtouf were talking about Mourtouf's reality, he was about to say "General O'Neill" in answer to her "who?" question in which a case I am doubly confused. What on earth...?!?

(Also, anyone watch tonight's Atlantis epi after Ripple Effect for SG-1? 'Cos when the Atlantis epi was over, there was a commercial for next week's Atlantis epi, and am I going completely WACKO or did I see Sam kissing MCKAY?!? I'm pretty sure she was kissin' SOMEONE, but I am pretty tired...maybe I am just crazy....in which case feel free to do this: )

(Hey, I just found that tomato smilie - koodos )

So I guess I am going to watch the rest of S9 after all, and Atlantis too, because I am NOT letting this Sam's Love Life mystery slide. Say hello to Sherlock Holmes
                - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

PS:

Don't tell me no one saw that look on Martouf's face when he was first brought to the Room of A Hundred Carters. I swear, the minute I saw that scene my first thought was, "And now he HAS died and gone to heaven!" The dude was practically licking his lips..
                  - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                  Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Holy mother of god...a whole room full of Carters

I can just see poor O'Neill's head exploding at the prospect of trying to keep up with all of their technobabble

^ I saw it Lucky bugger
                    sigpic
                    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

an an s/j shipper i enjoyed the 'possibilities' that one sam being married and another being involved and another being on maternity leave COULD be about sam/jack.

as an s/j shipper i did NOT enjoy OUR sam almost kissing martouf. the only reason it didn't happen either is because that asgard dude interrupted them. NOT a happy s/j camper.

the only part of the ep i really enjoyed was when our mitchell was running from the bad one and teal'c knocked him out doing his football player move. i thought ben did a great job of trying to recover from such a hit. he was not only trying to get up off the floor, but talk at the same time. he was slurring his words. well done on that by ben.

but other than that, i'm too bummed to enjoy other aspects. maybe tomorrow i can enjoy them.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved the beginning, got bored in the middle and went back to work, liked the very end.

Great to see Janet and Martouf again.

Easily my favorite episode of this season though.
                        Last edited by Kliggins; 20 January 2006, 10:45 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

After reading everyone's responses, ...ok, not everyone's...I feel like I'm alone on this. I pretty much totally HATED this episode. It was a disastor from start to finish. Easily the first episode of season 9 I would say I didn't like let alone hate. Summary...if I even hear a hint of the words "alternate reality" I'm going to turn off the TV.

I don't know if that was supposed to be an Asgaard or not because I don't remember the Asgaard being a comedy troop that talks down to people or makes stupid noises and jokes. Call me silly but I remember when talking to the Asgaard was talking to a superior race, socially and technologically. At least I saw Underworld:Evolution tonight or else this would've driven me to despair.

Martouf's teeth were going to give me skin cancer from the light shining off those chompers. Drink some coffee man!! Tone down those teeth!!

Comment

Great Episode...!

It was really nice to get to see Janet, and Martouf again.

I'm not a shipper, so the whole Sam and Martouf (almost) kiss didn't bother me at all. After all, just because he died didn't mean she stopped loving him. Just because she 'may or may not' be with Jack doesn't mean she can't let him know he's been really missed. In any case, I'm thinking our Jack and Sam have put their own relationship on hold or something. I don't think they ended it... just sort of purposefully put in in limbo.

...so ...was the moral of this story that it is possible to have too much of a good thing???
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                              I know Stargate has culled episode concepts from Star Trek for a long time, but...this is the second in a row that does so completely directly.

Last week's: Ex Post Facto from Voyager.
                              This week's: Paralells from Next Generation.

Window of Opportunity was a great episode, yes, and it copied Cause and Effect from Next Generation. But, come on. There's a limit. The pryors directly rip off the Jedi, for god's sake. It's a miracle they don't have lightsabers yet.

But, nonetheless, Stargate is looking up from the start of the season. Mitchell is getting much more interesting and less lifeless, and there are actually episodes that DON'T focus on the one dimensional Ori.

Edit: Oh yes, and one question. Umm...how did Landry know that Baal had adult clones of himself? I thought we only learned that at the end of that episode -- the SGC thinks Baal is dead.
                              They didnt know he had multiple Baals IN ONE ROOM (wish I didnt know that piece of cheese either). But they knew that he had multiple Baals. They told Teal'c that Baal was still alive and he just smiled. They asked if he was going to go back and tell the Jaffa counsel... I dont remember his exact answer but basically no he wasnt he was going to "hold" that information and "play" it later to make Garek look bad.... like a good card player. Too bad 4h2 kinda ruins that, butwhatcanyoudo.

Anyway. This Ripple Effect. Great episode, this reminded me of the old SG-1. No one had to look particularly stupid to make anyone else look better. Although Daniel is still a bit off to me and Teal'c still didnt have a lot to do.. But I did like how he got to put a slap down on Mitchell and then later when Green Team captures him the first thing Black Mitchell says is "no hitting" to teal'c.

I like the Asgard... when I mean like I mean it was nice to see a different personality and that they can be annoying too because he was, a bit. The Walter and the asgard... that was great. The asgard interrupting Sam\Martouf was great. The asgard speach was great. Daniels statement was spot on an awesome.

I say the only thing in this ep that made me shake my head and go why is the Mitchell. Why do the asgard have no pants thing. They sooo could have given him something better. It was just so lacking if you watch atlantis because Sheppard did that line a lot better. Now if you have not watch atlantis that would be funny but still I think they could have given Mitchell something better and again its another rip-off.. though it is a twist since Atlantis rips off from SG-1 way more then the other way around and they both rip off other shows. But anyway that was the only cring-dislike I had in the show (well besides Daniels new and apparent impatience with science) an this was easly overlooked because of the goodness that the rest of the show brought.

Please TPTB give us more episodes like this one. Where everyone on the team had something to contribute.

P.S. soo whish they had not cut the black Daneil, black Mitchell scene... that is the Daniel I am missing. And also PDL... SHAME ON YOU trying to pull a scam on us... shame, shame, shame..... Good job slapping him down Joe!!!
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ok, am I the only one who notice the "orange space suit" SG-1? "OSS" Cam turning his head and smiling.

Send-up of Farscape?

Comment

Working...
                                X