Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Now if anyone understands that, please explain it to me.
    Wanna know something scary? I think I understood all that! *LOL*

*Now I know I've watched waaayyyy too many episodes*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oh, and here's Dr. Lee 's theory about the lack of Entropic Cascade Failure:

Dr. Lee: Sixteen different SG1's, sixteen different points of origin, but only one point of convergence: this universe. Now, given the fact that previous trips through this black hole didn't produce a rupture in the sub-space structure...

Sam: They may not have produced the rupture, but it is entirely possible that their repeated trips contributed to the deterioration of the space-time fabric that, weakened, eventually ceded to the singularity, creating the bridge between the various realities.

Dr. Lee: And I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other may account for the absence of the entropic cascade failure...

I understand that it explains away a plothole... whether it makes sense or not is not relevant as it is as good an explanation as any on which one can hang suspension of disbelief on.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Dr. Lee: Sixteen different SG1's, sixteen different points of origin, but only one point of convergence: this universe. Now, given the fact that previous trips through this black hole didn't produce a rupture in the sub-space structure...

Sam: They may not have produced the rupture, but it is entirely possible that their repeated trips contributed to the deterioration of the space-time fabric that, weakened, eventually ceded to the singularity, creating the bridge between the various realities.

Dr. Lee: And I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other may account for the absence of the entropic cascade failure...

It was a heavily localized distortion in the space-time continuum.

Comment

ummm your guess is as good as mine lol ... something about space time continuum thing... and entropic cascade failure..

Comment

And oh, yeah... it's just so strange seeing someone the large size of Chris Judge hugging someone the petite size of Teryl Rothery. It's just such a massive size difference.
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
              awww you beat me to it. get outta my mind lol

Comment

I don't think "Black Outfit" SG1 were necessarily evil ... just a tad less ... ahem... ethical. After all, they were trying to SAVE their own universe and its billions of people.

Besides, they couldn't be completely evil. They were not sporting the one definitive "bad" sign: evil hair. At least not anywhere we could see.
                Yes, no evil "Spock" beards or midriff tops for the women.
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Okay, I get that (sorta), but why would a closer proximity of the realities in relation to each other result in a lack of ECF? I guess I assumed that "closer" meant that the effect would be worse...

(oh yeah, like I would know...)

Comment

I was so hoping that there was going to be another twist in that the black SG-1 turned out to be the real SG-1 instead of going with the standard "black is bad" routine.

I adored that Janet was back and that she mentioned Jack. Was not amused as the near Sam/Martouf kiss. That was just wrong on so many levels. So much for "Not Exactly."
                    sigpic

Comment

At least it's certainly got all the signs. It's this big whipply-wobbly, swirly thing in space.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                        Yes, no evil "Spock" beards or midriff tops for the women.
                        And not a single Uhura with a dagger strapped to her thigh!

Oh wait, they ALL wear knives strapped to their thighs ALREADY...

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                          At least it's certainly got all the signs. It's this big whipply-wobbly, swirly thing in space.
                          Thank goodness someone explained it in layman's terms! *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

As soon as Dr Fraiser and Martouf came on screen I feel in love with this episode I have missed both those characters so much and was very happy to see them back

and yay again for anouther episode that doesnt involve the Ori and instead had an evil Sg1 as the villan

overall

4/5 just for the fact it was a fun episode and Janet and Marty came back for even if it was just for that episode

Comment

Okay, I get that (sorta), but why would a closer proximity of the realities in relation to each other result in a lack of ECF? I guess I assumed that "closer" meant that the effect would be worse...

(oh yeah, like I would know...)
                              Look Star Trek has ALREADY established that if you shoot a neutrino wave blast at empty space, when it's done simulatneously to the same space in the past, it will open a hole to the past that grows as time goes backward!

Not to mention Dan Simmons 'Hyperion' series of books where the Shrike is in multiple places in time at the same time, while time goes backwards in the valley but forwards on the rest of the planet.

Then there was Space 1999, where the Moon Base Alpha ran into itself and the future of itself, and then . . poof!

Space/time distortion, no place for wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                                lolol! Yes, yes! and light bends nearby. I'm just surprised that an alternate ship didn't come busting out of it at that moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X