Collateral Damage (912)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    I agree. I didn't see a slam. In fact I thought it was a kind of humorous exchange.
    Ok slam was the wrong word. But I think Daniel was saying that advancing to quick was not good but that Cam didnt get that.... or Daniel didnt think that he got that, because I could have sworn Daniel threw him one of those 'looks'... kinda like the 'he read your report' kinda look, but it went by really fast.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I really liked this ep. The idea of the memory device was cool, and I really respected how Mitchell refused to just let things go. Way to go, ptb! Nice to see the backstory on Mitchell like we did. I think that kind of stuff will go a long way in helping others except him more. Also good to see a quality stand-alone ep. See, the Ori won't be the focus of every ep. I'm sure that made some people happy. I can't wait for next week.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Ok slam was the wrong word. But I think Daniel was saying that advancing to quick was not good but that Cam didnt get that.... or daniel didnt think that he got that, because I could have sworn Daniel threw him one of those 'looks'... kinda like the 'he read your report' kinda look, but it went by really fast.
        Yup. That's one of the bits I thought was funny.

It doesn't bother me that Daniel doesn't think Cam "gets it" sometimes, when in fact he does. I find it rather amusing. It's a nice subtle reminder that Cam is not Jack.

Comment

I really liked this episode - sometimes its better to NOT have guns, explosions, thousands dying. Nice touch with Mitchell's flashbacks with his father and his "incident". Too bad SGA hasn't bothered to provide Sheppard with the same courtesy. We know so much about Mitchell in 3/4 of a season, and nothing about Sheppard after 2 years. Probably why I've recently come to like Mitchell more than Sheppard.

As for the "kirking", that one kiss doesn't count in my book. Now, if Mitchell continues to pick up babes or eye them up and down every other week, THEN we can call him "Sheph0r". .er, ah. ."KIRK". Personally, Mitchell seems to have a lot of class when it comes to women.

Nice twist with the ex-husband at the end. The "Kinsey-type" dude was too obvious, and I was thinking the short guy was the murderer. Kept me going.

Nice to see Walter again!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Nice to see Walter again!
            Oh, I almost forgot about Walter! And he got to do a funny "bit", too! Lovely.

(Did you see how well his appearance segues into my new "No Laughing Matter" book cover?? I LOVE that. )

Comment

As for the "kirking", that one kiss doesn't count in my book. Now, if Mitchell continues to pick up babes or eye them up and down every other week, THEN we can call him "Sheph0r". .er, ah. ."KIRK". Personally, Mitchell seems to have a lot of class when it comes to women.
              To me (and I haven't gone through the whole Kirking thread, so my understanding might be different) it isn't the amount of times any one character does it. I wasn't saying Mitchell was a Kirk (a Kirker?), I meant that the plot device itself was Kirking. Planting some pointless male/female sexual tension type thing, that was completely unnecessary to help the plot along.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Nice twist with the ex-husband at the end. The "Kinsey-type" dude was too obvious, and I was thinking the short guy was the murderer. Kept me going.
                To tell you the truth, I didn't know what to think about who did it. I thought they might go the easy route and have it be the "Kinsey-type", but boy did tptb pleasantly surprise me. Nicely done in my book.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I liked this episode. Getting more intel on Cameron Mitchell is always a good thing, although how it ties in or will tie into his future on SG1 remains open. The father's inclusion was moving, yet not played to be mushy.

Loved the support that Sam Carter gave Cam; she seemed genuinely worried and he seemed inclined to trust her to be there. I thought she was uncharacteristically uninvolved with the technology, having most of her focus on Cam, but then, that seems to have been by design. The shots of them together (and with Teal'c and Daniel) gave me hope of their true team bonding development.

For a while, I thought Teal'c would have no lines at all, then finally! Daniel (as someone mentioned) did indeed slow his staccato-style delivery tonight. I liked when he told the Big Important Guy that Cam would not leave this alone, and if he didn't, the trade talks would be toast. And um, yeah, rerunning the murder so many times was a little overkill.

Just sayin', I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. Apparently most posters here guessed the murderer was the husband, or at least Big Important Guy. But whoo-hoo, not the husband who murdered his wife but didn't know he murdered his wife because he...Yeah, nice. A very sublte touch of self-preservation rearing unconsciously in the husband was well played, too. And I almost suspected the other scientist when we saw what Cam saw in the mirror; both men had beards so it was hard to tell at first: (Director's coup there). Rating: 3/5. (Hey, I'm generous!) First impressions, anyway.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                    . I liked when he told the Big Important Guy that Cam would not leave this alone, and if he didn't, the trade talks would be toast.
                    Shades of Landry telling Vala that if she didn't cooperate and get rid of the bracelets, that what she got out of the whole thing would be left entirely up to Daniel.

And, I have no idea if the mystery was easy to solve or not, because I'm a total idiot when it comes to solving a mystery. I never know who dunnit.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                      Well, I admit that I may be a bit prejudice at this point and that's why I saw it differently. I have to say that many people like the character Mitchell and I'm probably one of the few who don't. At least I have my 8 seasons of SG1 to always watch.

I guess from the series standpoint I'm glad he's being well received so the show can continue. I feel bad that I can't learn to like him like you all do. I'm still giving the show a chance and waiting Vala's return hoping she'll bring some life to the show.
                      Well, you are not alone. I don't like the Mitchell character either. I can't seem to put my finger on it except that I keep saying "That sounds like what Jack would say or do." I understand from a business sense that TPTB needed to replace RDA's presence on the show, but Browder's character seems too Jack-like. Sheppard has Jack qualities while maintaining a uniqueness. Not knowing the backstory of Sheppard or any of the others hasn't diminished my enjoyment of Atlantis. I feel Mitchell is being forced on me. I'm waiting for Mitchell to be something more than a Jack replacement. JMHO.

Oh, and I miss Carter's technobabble.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        And, I have no idea if the mystery was easy to solve or not, because I'm a total idiot when it comes to solving a mystery. I never know who dunnit.
                        But doesn't that make it all the more exciting when the truth is revealed?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

can someone tell me what happened after cameron saw a semi clear face of the killer?

btw caught the ripple effect preview. awesome!

Comment

Liked it. Good to have Mitchell background and the twist at the end was great. I didn't see that one coming.

This also sets us up to have a new alliance with new people. That might come back later in some form, good or bad.

Wasn't action packed but it didn't have to be that way to be enjoyable. Landry and Walter, fun interaction.

Overall, it was like munching on a candy bar. It wouldn't fill you up or sustain you for a long time, but it was still a tasty treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              ..., but Browder's character seems too Jack-like.
                              You see, I don't see that. Yeah, Mitchell is good at quirky, funny remarks in dangerous situations like Jack was. But that's just part of his character. Unlike Jack, Cam seems genuinely interested in things Daniel discovers, and loves knowing everything he can about a situation. I mean, the guy's read every mission report of SG-1's. Also, he's the kind of guy who doesn't like to use force unless absolutely necessary. For example, in "Beachhead", CM was hoping he'd have a "nuke-free career". Jack was always ready to bomb the he** out of the enemy. I totally respect your opinion, but I guess I just see things differently.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

A decent episode. It felt a little more Stargate-y than usual - even considering I don't think we see the Stargate once. What, is the Stargate prop undergoing construction or something?

So anyway, props I give:

1. I could stand Cam this episode...though he did seem a bit..how do I say this without offending people....limp? I mean, I understand that he's undergone a painful experience, but he was a little too emotional. I can't explain well. But he was...ok.

2. Carter, good to see ya! Question: How'd we go from Mitchell to 'Cam'? Or was it always 'Cam' and I missed something? And that's 'Carter' to you, Cammy m'boy!

3. The mystery, thin. At first I thought it was that twisted up looking commander of the facility dude, but then I figured it would be the most inconspicuous person - as it usually is in a generic murder tale - the husband. Duh. So, surprise, suprise. I felt quite sorry for him in the end. Erasing his own memory. Tch tch tch.

4. Overall. Eh. Ok. I sure miss the Stargate though.
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X