No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i was just finishing up a different thead post when i realized.......we can help orlin ascend again!! why dont we go bak to khalek's planet and put him in the machine to help him ascend again? and for those of you who say"he should already be able to because hes already ascended once" u r misled. orlin had help from another ancient to ascend so his mind didnt have to be as advanced as khaleks was like daniel (he has a measly regular human peabrain but he ascended) so maybe orlins the same and if we put him in the machine he'll gain super powers and be able to ascend again!! man i amaze even myself sumtimes woith my genious!! if u find errors with my theory tell me so i can think of a way to fix them. o yea sry for the length but this thing deserves it
    "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
      I don't think that the answer of an Orii virus would be in a Lab of Anubis, It doesn't contain all the knowledge of the ancients. If it did, then Daniel and Teal'c would've take longer to search the database in that lab, and they did that twice.
      The technology in Anubis's lab was a lot better than the stuff at the SGC. If the genetic manipulation thing can alter human DNA then it should be able to alter the virus DNA and even if it can't Orlin can fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        The technology in Anubis's lab was a lot better than the stuff at the SGC. If the genetic manipulation thing can alter human DNA then it should be able to alter the virus DNA and even if it can't Orlin can fix that.
        I guess we'll all just have to wait the long three months to find out what really happens. Boy does that bum me out.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Interesting theory.....I'll have to think about this one a little more and post back in more detail.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, I don't know precisely how the machine works, but if they messed up, they might just end up turning him into another Khalek with Anubis memories and all.

Comment

Actually Kalek had the memories of Anubis because he was a clone of Anubis. The device he was using to advance the clone was said to be the same device used my Nirtirri (not sure if I spelled that right). Funny thing though after watching the two episodes back to back I thought the same thing as far as helping Orlin.
              Teal'c "I killed you"
              Daniel "Why?"
              Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
              Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Well, since I pretty much used up all my active brain cells commenting on "Prototype," I'll be less analytical here. Honestly, I feel I need to hold most of my storyline comments until I see the second half (January? Arghhh!). The two parters seem to make much more sense and are just plain better when taken as a whole. That said...

Yay!, General Hammond and Bra'tac! Nice to see them still around. Yes, I wish they'd explained a little better about exactly where Jack and Hammond are these days. Unless I blinked, we haven't been actually told on the show itself, only what some of us have gotten from spoilers.

I kinda like that Daniel and Mitchell are palling around (the basketball games), but for goodness sake, can Mitchell stop calling him "Jackson." And what exactly does Daniel call him? I can't recall an actual instance of Daniel saying Mitchell's name at all! As to the "sponge bath" controversy, I've got a feeling they're going to spring some kind of past relationship between Cam and Lam (I feel more like I'm in Dr. Seuss all the time! Green eggs and Ham(mond), anyone? [groan!]) on us sometime in the future. There have been a few odd moments that seem to be very vague foreshadowing. I'm rather hoping it was just something in the past and they're just friends now. I tend to be wary of ships on this show. I lean more toward the team/family dynamics.

Gerak's turn this evening (pun intended) was interesting. I'm wondering if his little bit of doubt will be what they need to convince him of the Ori's true intentions as they mentioned they planned to do with the prior Daniel and Mitchell are after.

I didn't have as adverse a reaction to pint-sized Orlin as some have. I'm willing to wait and see the second half to see what this young actor brings us. But SPF is a hard act to follow.

JYH - re decending with memories intact. My take is that the last time Daniel came back, he had his memories of what happened to him (with Oma and "Jim" in the diner), but he didn't have conscious memory of the Ancient knowledge that he'd accessed while battling with RepliCarter. I do, however, wonder why Orlin seemed to retain his knowledge the first time he decended without much apparent distress. But I think the first question Daniel should have asked Orlin was, how come YOU get to decend with your clothes on!?!

All in all, I think the setup was good. Let's see how the second half plays out.

PS: Reading my post, my better half just started singing (badly, I might add), "Sam and Cam and Lam, Dan and Jan and Lan-dry." Poor Teal'c must feel REALLY left out!
                Neetz
                Chevron7: Point of Origin

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I stayed away from any spoilers or pics so the Gerak as Prior ending was one of those, OMG moments, which was very cool. Fun to be "spoiler free" sometimes.

I've complained before that the whole Jaffa movement arc was getting stale, but this episode opens doors for it to go in a whole different direction - and give Teal'c much more to do. Go writers!

As for the potential Mitchell/Lam "ship" rumors. No, no, no, pretty please! We are just starting to know Mitchell, and while I'm starting to like Lam, she still isn't Janet, so I don't really want any romo between those two. Don't think it would really fly with the fans. IMO.

Landry continues to really impress - he's almost up there with Hammond, not quite. .but close! This was the character that worried me in the beginning, but Beau Bridges continues to make this a very strong and interesting character.
                  Hey, hey, hey. Remember our little agreement, FoolishPleasure! Hop to it!

Comment

I enjoyed both episodes tonight. Some thoughts:

So Orlin is dying because he has all the knowledge of the Ancients in his head. Hmm, it seems to me that there's someone else who has had all the knowledge of the Ancients in his head...twice. I wonder if we'll be seeing him again soon....

So the Ancients/Alterans and the Ori were enemies, and the Ancients were wiped out by a plague? I wonder if this is the same plague, or if it stems from the same, ah, origin?

Someone else asked, why do the Ori need more power? Maybe they need it to reach next stage of evolution. It's an infinite Universe, after all.

I'm probably venturing into Failure of Suspension of Disbelief territory here, but what about all the other highly advanced non-ascended races? Haven't they run into the Ori as well? Between the Asgard, the Nox, the (still as yet unseen) Furlings, and remnants of other various advanced human societies (the Tollan, the Aschen, etc.), and other races with almost magical abilities (Spirits etc.), there's got to be someone who has come across them, especially if they are contemporaries of the Ancients and have presumably been 'gating all over the Universe for all these thousands of years. If the Ori's power is really ultimately based on technology, then all these bright species should be able to put their heads together and come up with something to match their bag of tricks, right?

Along those lines, I agree with others who think there will be more crossover between SG-1 and Atlantis this season. Perhaps the Wraith and the Ori can be pitted against each other, like the Replicators and the Goa'uld? (Although I can't see the Wraith being much of a match for the Ori. On the other hand, as we know from Atlantis, they are advanced enough to be able to thwart Asgard beaming technology. Or maybe the Cylons will find Earth first. Whoops, wrong show.)

Finally: the kid who played Orlin -- it could have been worse. At least he didn't yell "Yippee!"

Comment

One of the best episodes ever of the show. Too bad that we won't get more SG-1 until January.

I think season 9 overall has been pretty good. Season 7 and 8 had some early episodes which were a bit disappointing to me. Season 9, with the new characters, are still better than average at worst.
                      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Well this episode rocked. Since this was Part of the 2 parters of the mid-seasonal break, I like the slow-paced, there was huge details to everything, the characters - RESPECT I say to the writers.

The young Orlin was kinda stiff, and I'm not going to dis the young actor cos that's just low. Anyway, the technobabble and the length of line, I'm amazed that the kid did it so well.

It's easy to say the technobabble but it's another to make it sound convincing.

Awesome 2 hours, Garak and his obviously corrupted ways, that lady in the Jaffa Council, she seems the coolest, most open-minded and yet she won't stand up. Most unfortunate.

The plague ... happening so fast, poor SGC and poor Lam and yet, it's so exciting. Pleasure overload, fantastic episode, and I can't wait to see the conclusion to the Part 1 of the story in January or before that when SG-1 begins in the UK.
                        Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                        WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by Neetz
                          JYH - re decending with memories intact. My take is that the last time Daniel came back, he had his memories of what happened to him (with Oma and "Jim" in the diner), but he didn't have conscious memory of the Ancient knowledge that he'd accessed while battling with RepliCarter.

Good point. Daniel does remember his whole encounter w/ Oma & Anubis at the diner, but not all the other Ancient stuff. Altho even in the diner, he didn't have "all the knowledge of the ancients," because the diner was just a way-station before people get to that point.

Originally posted by Neetz
                          JYH - But I think the first question Daniel should have asked Orlin was, how come YOU get to decend with your clothes on!?!

ROFLOL!!! Excellent question!!! You just know Jack would have asked something like that!! I guess if you want to get technical about it the answer would be that the Ancients helped send Orlin Light back to earth, so they probably allowed him to prepare in some degree, since he already knew how humans are and what we expect (i.e., that we expect our visitors not to be naked!).

Question.... in the previous Orlin episode ("Ascension"?) was it clear to us viewers that Sam & Orlin had a er, relationship? I know he cared for her & she may have been attracted to him, but I thought she was too spooked by the whole "he's an alien and not a human" thing. Not to mention that she's an Air Force officer, and sleeping with somebody from another planet might possibly break a protocol or two. (Not that it's never been done... *cough* Jack *cough* Daniel)

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                            Good point. Daniel does remember his whole encounter w/ Oma & Anubis at the diner, but not all the other Ancient stuff. Altho even in the diner, he didn't have "all the knowledge of the ancients," because the diner was just a way-station before people get to that point.

ROFLOL!!! Excellent question!!! You just know Jack would have asked something like that!! I guess if you want to get technical about it the answer would be that the Ancients helped send Orlin Light back to earth, so they probably allowed him to prepare in some degree, since he already knew how humans are and what we expect (i.e., that we expect our visitors not to be naked!).

Question.... in the previous Orlin episode ("Ascension"?) was it clear to us viewers that Sam & Orlin had a er, relationship? I know he cared for her & she may have been attracted to him, but I thought she was too spooked by the whole "he's an alien and not a human" thing. Not to mention that she's an Air Force officer, and sleeping with somebody from another planet might possibly break a protocol or two. (Not that it's never been done... *cough* Jack *cough* Daniel)
                            Well they did do the glowy blending thing that Chia and Sheppard did and most people think they had a relationships... plus Orlin cooked dinner .
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I don't have enough time to read through the entire thread, so I'm just going to put up what I thought.

This is an excellent episode, most definitely ranking in outstanding. It was a nice surprise to see Gen. Hammond again, even if only for a minute or two. I was also pleasantly surprised seeing Bra'tac, I've been missing him.

Loved the parts where Carter and Lee were working on the sound thing, especially with the rock 'n roll. Seeing Orlin was a great thing, too. They got an excellent kid to play him. I also liked that he explained why the Orii desire so many people to worship them, while at the same time explaining the reason that the Ancients don't interfere with us at all, 'cause they don't even wanna be tempted like the Orii were. Now all I can think of is Shi'fu. "the true measure of a man, is the battle for his subconscious. And the eviller subconscious is too strong to resist. The only way to win is to deny a battle." Just a small observation of mine.

The Jaffa High Council are a bunch of dopes with a few wise people in it. They've seen the damage that the Orii do and still they seriously consider turning to their religion. I can't wait to see how their society turns out, expecially the civil war breaks out. That would be awful.

And finally, the nation under quarantine. Talk about having far-reaching effects. I really can't wait to see how this entire episode plays out in Pt 2. Too bad we have to wait until January!
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                YIPPEEEEE,, HURRAAAAYYYY,, WOOOOOTTTTTT,, AWESOME.
                                I dont know how to correctly display my happyness about getting the opening back.
                                <<my snips>>

Great news. But I noted this week (more so than last week) that at least one commercial break went to 5 MINUTES, and another just about 4. I'm hoping this is not how the PTB are going to re-compose the time from the snipped opening credits. I noted this because I try to pause at commercials when taping, and my little indicators actually went off, and sent the tape back into tape mode.

Hmm. Maybe they were maximizing on season break viewership?

Just sayin'.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X