The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    There is a fourth possiblity. It could be the President of the US.
    I doubt that it is the President, from the tone of Landry's voice, it sounds like an old friend, someone he knows very well. And if it was the President, wouldn't they just say it? I don't think any will be surprised or care if the President show up, either way, with him or not, it wouldn't make any difference against the Ori. And I personally don't think that the writers will waste valuable storytime for the President to interfere.

Unlike with Jack, the Ori will have a much more formidable opponent to deal with (Not to mention he's sarcasim. Or is it "Impudence" these days?)

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

I don't think it will be Jack, though. Or at least RDA won't personally make an appearance. If he were making a return visit we'd have heard the buzz from spoilers. TPTB would certainly want to hype that episode.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
        I don't think it will be Jack, though. Or at least RDA won't personally make an appearance. If he were making a return visit we'd have heard the buzz from spoilers. TPTB would certainly want to hype that episode.
        Maybe they just want this to be a big, huge surprise that will catch eveyone off guard so they kept it real quiet.

If not Jack or Hammond, I personally don't know who the heck will show up
        Last edited by The Shadow; 02 October 2005, 09:54 AM.

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
          Geez, I feel sorry for poor little Cameron Bright, people are just getting at him. The only reason I bothered to even watch the Fourth Horsemen was because Cameron was playing Orlin. So maybe he didn't do all that well, heck like every young actor is, he's still learning his craft, for god's sakes he's only 12 years old, let him breath for once. Besides I thought he did fairly well and anyways he isn't playing adult Orlin, he's playing YOUNG Orlin, and kids are like that when they're around older adults, especially if they have a crush on someone AND especially if they are geniuses. And he was also playing a very much liked character with a Star-Studed and amazing cast so you can't blame him for being a little nervous and stiff.

Did anyone notice that Landry was talking on the phone saying, “Have him contact me as soon as he lands.” Could that be a foreshadowing that someone is coming back to help? An old friend perhaps?

There are 3 possibilities as to who this person is:
          1. It could be Woosley but he seems to be the most unlikely one because he already appeared in ‘Prototype’ and the actor had no mention that he was doing another guest star.

2. There is always that wee-bit chance that Jack is coming back to help, after all he worked with SG-1 for 8 years, you can’t say that he’s just going to sit on his butt while SG-1 is off in some great danger, and not to mention that Jack has the habit of attracting trouble and besides he’s not going to ignore this big huge plague and not help, that’s just impossible. SG-1 is like a family to him so there’s always a chance that he just couldn’t help it and come to SG-1’s aid (Personally I hope so!!) And I think the team will feel more comfortable and ready with Jack by their side, and I’m not saying that Mitchell is bad, heck I love the guy, but this is a new beginning for the team and Mitchell is just catching on to the game and it will take a while before the team can feel totally right with him. But with Jack right out there on the field with them, there’s not a single Prior that can dent their determination or trust, and no matter what happens they know that Jack will not, not ever let them down, there’s that “I trust you with my life no matter what” thing going on with the old SG-1 team and they’re so comfortable with each other that they’ll not worry that they won’t be able to find a cure, they just know that everything will be all right, I mean they went through hell and back (Literally!!!) and that kind of experience will bind people together forever with unwavering trust!!!

3. My last one and possibly that most likely one is Hammond, since he’s already in the 1st part, there is a more likely chance that he will be in the second part. But there are some big chances that it won’t be Hammond because Landry said “As soon as he lands” and that scene when he’s speaking to the soldiers looked like that he’s already in Colorado so he wouldn’t need to fly on a plane, unless when they rushed him into the car, they took him somewhere else far away. Also there’s a less likely chance that Hammond could actually do anything to help on the field or just supplying knowledge unless they want him to help to give orders. With Jack, he can do both field and knowledge, seeing as how the Asgards love and worships him and that he’s the first human to be able to use the Ancient Knowledge and the chair in the outpost.

it's hammond, DSD mentionned something in an interview about him having a scene with landry where he complains about jack being a screwup (or something) in Washington, and another with SG1 where he has to return to washington to babysit jack (and sg1 to the sgc to babysit landry)

the further destruction of what was once Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
            it's hammond, DSD mentionned something in an interview about him having a scene with landry where he complains about jack being a screwup (or something) in Washington, and another with SG1 where he has to return to washington to babysit jack (and sg1 to the sgc to babysit landry)

the further destruction of what was once Jack O'Neill
            I'm not surprised that Jack is being a troublemaker, but I'd had thought being a Major General in the Air Force and 8 years of experience with the SGC would have told him to behave himself. Then again, it sounds excatly like Jack to screw things up with the politicians, knowing how much Jack loathed them, they've had better luck that Jack hasn't killed them yet (Or something else even worse)

Comment

Originally posted by deathbed1983
              another great epidsode tonight, i can't wait for part 2
              Well, said! Well said!
              sigpic

Comment

If the Ori get their power from their worshippers, then my question is this. This has been bugging me ever since we learned that. the alterans created all life in our galaxy. the ori said that they they created all the life in their galaxy. then why don't the ori create like 100 trillion people to worship them and suck their "soul"? They have a whole galaxy, just maximize the amount of humans that the galaxy can sustain and drain them. Expand to other galaxies and do the same thing. If draning humans gives them so much power, then why haven't they "sucked" as much power as possible.

One answer to this might be that they are already doing this, but if they are; why do they care about our galaxy then?

Comment

Originally posted by Congerking
                  If the Ori get their power from their worshippers, then my question is this. This has been bugging me ever since we learned that. the alterans created all life in our galaxy. the ori said that they they created all the life in their galaxy. then why don't the ori create like 100 trillion people to worship them and suck their "soul"? They have a whole galaxy, just maximize the amount of humans that the galaxy can sustain and drain them. Expand to other galaxies and do the same thing. If draning humans gives them so much power, then why haven't they "sucked" as much power as possible.

One answer to this might be that they are already doing this, but if they are; why do they care about our galaxy then?
                  I heard a saying once. What could the most powerful beings in the galaxy possibly want? More power. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea. Those who are greedy will never be satisfied with what they've got, especially if they're supposed to be at war with the Ancients.

These, and other cliche's will be available to you tomorrow at 1300 hours!
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Whatever the story is behind the "Ancients vs Ori", we are not getting the full story from Orlin.

In fact, I have a theory (let me know if anyone else has come up with this as well):

Ancients helped the Ori Ascend.

Comment

Intresting theroy BigGator5. The Ancients helped the Ori ascened originaly. But soon the Ori began meddling in the affairs of lower beings. There might have been a battle between them and the ancients left and traveled to our galaxy.

timdalton007

Comment

I think the whole conflict between the Ori and Alterans was superficial when the Alterans left their home galaxy. When the Alterans ascended, they wanted to include their bothers and sisters of the Ori. When the Ori started acting like gods, the Alterans were horrified and vow never to interfere again (with some going back on their word).

Also, there is something fishy about the story about the plague killing the Alterans. In Hot Zone, the Alteran (known as the Ancients then) gene help keep most people healty. Before that, Ayiana in Frozen (an unascended Alteran) was a carrier for an illness. In The Powers That Be, Dr Lam said that the Ori plague acts just like the illness in "Frozen".

I do not have enough information to form a theory on how this all fits, but I have gut feeling that it does and the only person who knows is Orlin. When it is all said and done, I think that the Alteran's hands are just as unclean as the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                          When it is all said and done, I think that the Alteran's hands are just as unclean as the Ori.[/color][/font]
                          Interesting theory. It would be an nice twist for tptb to take.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, the story of the Ancients/Alteran has always been that of being incomplete. Just as we think we know everything there is to know, we find we know nothing.

Orlin has only said that the Ori lie to their followers. He has yet to go into detail about the Alteran/Ori history and I think he's advoiding it at this time.

Comment

Wow, now that was a great eposde! But why do we have to wait until the 10th to see the next episode?????????? Interesting to see Garek, who I thoght to be quite a strong character, turn to origin so easily. The only downside was having Hammond in the episode but hardly using him (that and Dr. Lee's music )

Rating 8/9 Chevrons
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

WHat a great episode. And what a cliffhanger. Can't wait till next week, coz im in the Uk

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Working...
                                X