No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      And again I say...it's what she does best!
      Well that's an interesting opinion but I think the wealth of examples where she gives credit to others/shares credit speaks to the contrary.

No one on that team is a glory hog. No one there cares about being acknowledged or praised or getting commendations. They're there because it's their mission...their calling. Not because of any praise they can accrue for themselves.
      BTW/OT, a little smilie thingie isn't actually saying anything, it's a symbol.
      Actually it does. It says...almost audibly even, "I think the opinions about Carter you continually present as fact are a pile of crapola that I personally believe are based more on your bias against her than any actual 'evidence'." Thus the eye rolling.

The almost literal translation for that particular smilie reads something like, "Oh brother." Or at least that's what I'm thinking while I'm typing it.

<-----(sarcastic eye wink)
      Last edited by Uber; 10 March 2007, 01:21 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        Well that's an interesting opinion but I think the wealth of examples where she gives credit to others/shares credit speaks to the contrary.

No one on that team is a glory hog. No one there cares about being acknowledged or praised or getting commendations. They're there because it's their mission...their calling. Not because of any praise they can accrue for themselves.Actually it does. It says...almost audibly even, "I think the opinions about Carter you continually present as fact are a pile of crapola that I personally believe are based more on your bias against her than any actual 'evidence'." Thus the eye rolling.

The almost literal translation for that particular smilie reads something like, "Oh brother." Or at least that's what I'm thinking while I'm typing it.

She is a glory hog. Time and time again

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
          I've never seen it. And I can think of at least one time without even trying where she gave credit where credit was due--Jonas' idea to move the gate when Anubis was attacking it. Hammond says: "Good work Major." And she says: "It wasn't all my idea." She also tells O'Neill that it was Jonas' idea.

Comment

I think Daniel is the glory hog actually. "Oh look at me! I can shoot a gun while Khalek is distracted! I'm so awesome Woolsey! You suck, cos I was right! All glory to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Comment

Actually it does. It says...almost audibly even, "I think the opinions about Carter you continually present as fact are a pile of crapola that I personally believe are based more on your bias against her than any actual 'evidence'." Thus the eye rolling.

Which smilie says, 'Carter is a repulsive character with no redeeming features, who spoils the show for millions of people worldwide'?

Now that is a symbol I think would get more than its fair share of use!
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post

Yes. Glory hog is a very good way to describe Carter.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  I think Daniel is the glory hog actually. "Oh look at me! I can shoot a gun while Khalek is distracted! I'm so awesome Woolsey! You suck, cos I was right! All glory to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
                  Wasn't Mitchell there too? Is he another glory hog? Teal'c was on his way in there as well, if I recall. Sam? Well now she was up in the control room taking credit for Daniel's plan I believe.

Woolsey was wrong and Daniel was right...again. I think the glory flowing Daniel's way is well deserved and well earned. Unlike some.
                  sigpic

Comment

Which smilie says, 'Carter is a repulsive character with no redeeming features, who spoils the show for millions of people worldwide'?

Now that is a symbol I think would get more than its fair share of use!
                    Three posts in a row? Geepers...that's...uh...dedication.

And sorry, but [snip] people type the same rhetoric over and over as though repeating something makes it true. Whatever.
                    Yes. Glory hog is a very good way to describe Carter.
                    Ah so then perhaps you too fall into the category mentioned above with the whole "saying something repeatedly" thing. Gotcha.
                    Wasn't Mitchell there too? Is he another glory hog? Teal'c was on his way in there as well, if I recall. Sam?

Well now she was up in the control room taking credit for Daniel's plan I believe.
                    Why would they be glory hogs? Because they didn't trip over themselves talking about how wonderful Daniel is? I'd love to hear your theory sometime about how Mitchell and Teal'c are somehow glory hogs. That should be...rich.

And as for Sam, sorry...but she did not take credit for Daniel's idea. She reported to the befuddled general why Khalek reappeared in his gateroom.
                    CARTER: *to Landry* I rigged the call forwarding device on 584 to dial back here …

LANDRY: and you didn't tell me?

CARTER: we were going to sir but we didn't get a chance…it's a good thing too or he would have heard us.
                    That's all he needed to know at that moment and truthfully all the details about their plan would come out in the team debriefing anyway...something that the entire team knows, including Sam. So if Sam had said, "It was my idea to rig the call forwarding device," she would have been shown up at the debriefing when all the facts came to life about what was determined and when.

The fact is...she DID rig the call forwarding device. Not Mitchell. Not Teal'c. And NOT Daniel. But apparently...to a small group of people...because Sam didn't fall all over herself making sure the general knew who's idea was at work right at that exact second, she's a glory hog. [translated..."oh brother"]
                    Woolsey was wrong and Daniel was right...again. I think the glory flowing Daniel's way is well deserved and well earned. Unlike some.
                    Yes...Woolsey was wrong but I think Daniel was wrong too.

First, Daniel never...EVER would have been the one to suggest killing Khalek first. Period. The military folk would have suggested it, either Sam or Mitchell, and he would have begrudgingly agreed.

Second, Daniel was not the one on the show to hold a grudge. That's Jack. And regardless of how many times I've seen Daniel try to be Jack over the last year and a half, it's just not working. The idea that he can see Woolsey's position and still willfully refuse to forgive him, or at the very least say, "No...but give me time", tells me how starkly out of character he was at that moment...just like he was out of character when he suggested killing Khalek.
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 07 April 2007, 06:44 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I was re-watching this ep yesterday, and I absolutely love how Daniel is portrayed in this ep. It's really a complete role-reversal of what we've usually got- Daniel advocating for life, and Woolsey, or whoever wanting to use more drastic measures. It definitly shows how much Daniel has grown as a character and that he actually learned from his experiences in season eight. And that scene where he was the one who shot Khalik who was stopping Cam.....it's pretty shocking that Daniel has come to a point where he would without hesitation do this- as he certainly would not have back in season one/two. Great character development.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        as he certainly would not have back in season one/two.
                        Do you think so? I think he would have. He shot those baby goa'ulds just for being baby goa'ulds with the potential to one day harm people. I don't think s1 or s2 baby-snake-killing Daniel would have behaved much differently to Khalik, who was keen to get cracking on enslaving a galaxy.

I know that Daniel was the one who always wanted to talk out the argument rather than shoot it out - when *people* were involved, not goa'uld. He just wanted the goa'uld dead, and the only thing that ever tempered his goa'uld-killing streak was compassion for the hosts. Khalik had no host, he was in essence and soul pure goa'uld, and a particularly bad one at that. Daniel would have known that he was on the verge of almost limitless power. Why on earth would Daniel *not* want Khalik dead?
                        Last edited by Madeleine; 07 April 2007, 06:51 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Three posts in a row? Geepers...that's...uh...dedication.

And sorry, but [snip] people type the same rhetoric over and over as though repeating something makes it true. Whatever. Ah so then perhaps you too fall into the category mentioned above with the whole "saying something repeatedly" thing. Gotcha.Why would they be glory hogs? Because they didn't trip over themselves talking about how wonderful Daniel is? I'd love to hear your theory sometime about how Mitchell and Teal'c are somehow glory hogs. That should be...rich.

And as for Sam, sorry...but she did not take credit for Daniel's idea. She reported to the befuddled general why Khalek reappeared in his gateroom.That's all he needed to know at that moment and truthfully all the details about their plan would come out in the team debriefing anyway...something that the entire team knows, including Sam. So if Sam had said, "It was my idea to rig the call forwarding device," she would have been shown up at the debriefing when all the facts came to life about what was determined and when.

The fact is...she DID rig the call forwarding device. Not Mitchell. Not Teal'c. And NOT Daniel. But apparently...to a small group of people...because Sam didn't fall all over herself making sure the general knew who's idea was at work right at that exact second, she's a glory hog. [translated..."oh brother"]Yes...Woolsey was wrong but I think Daniel was wrong too.

First, Daniel never...EVER would have been the one to suggest killing Khalek first. Period. The military folk would have suggested it, either Sam or Mitchell, and he would have begrudgingly agreed.

Second, Daniel was not the one on the show to hold a grudge. That's Jack. And regardless of how many times I've seen Daniel try to be Jack over the last year and a half, it's just not working. The idea that he can see Woolsey's position and still willfully refuse to forgive him, or at the very least say, "No...but give me time", tells me how starkly out of character he was at that moment...just like he was out of character when he suggested killing Khalek.
                          Your post is one of the reason why I find Sam so annoying!!!! His character is always the same...
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            Do you think so? I think he would have. He shot those baby goa'ulds just for being baby goa'ulds with the potential to one day harm people. I don't think s1 or s2 baby-snake-killing Daniel would have behaved much differently to Khalik, who was keen to get cracking on enslaving a galaxy.

I know that Daniel was the one who always wanted to talk out the argument rather than shoot it out - when *people* were involved, not goa'uld. He just wanted the goa'uld dead, and the only thing that ever tempered his goa'uld-killing streak was compassion for the hosts. Khalik had no host, he was in essence and soul pure goa'uld, and a particularly bad one at that. Daniel would have known that he was on the verge of almost limitless power. Why on earth would Daniel *not* want Khalik dead?
                            I think Daniel would have been on the side of "lets study this guy before jumping to conclusions" that everyone else was on for this episode, and the SGC/antagonistic politician of the week would have been for killing him immeadiately. There's no way he would have been able to resist, he'd have been in the place that Woolsey was in- though he wouldn't have let it go that far, but I can't see early season Daniel passing up the oppertunity.

Comment

Quite a moral dilemma in the beginning. Do you kill Khalek just because of his "breeding"? Daniel was the only one suitably qualified to see just how dangerous Khalek would become, and it was quite a shock for him to suggest that they kill him immediately.
                              On one hand we want to be compassionate, and to learn from him. On the other hand he will kill us all if he reaches his full potential!

Comment

I actually loved how he played up his evilness..

Comment

Working...
                                X