Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jelgate
    replied
    And I did 3 seconds faster with a 13/15 on the quiz.

If you ever watch the special features, you can thank Peter DeLuise for the evil stares and soft voice. In some ways I find this episode done before with the advanced human. At the same time I like some of the changes they made to Khalek with his backstory and how it addresses some ascension questions. I'm so glad we got rid of the pure of heart for ascension. Also felt this episode is a setup for the mid-season two parter. Its a good.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    4:26

I did it in half that time. --> 02:19

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    4:26

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Neil Jackson is positively creepy as Khalek.

That whole close-up slightly bird's eye camera shot is perfect for the situation but damn... creepy as hell. Made the chills run straight down my spine.

It's an interesting story to know that Anubis was tinkering with finding a way to ascend again as a proper human, advanced but no snake in the head, so he creates Khalek.

And of course the Internation Oversight Committee wants to talk to the psychopath, learn from it, study it and whatever else... give it good home perhaps -- totally ignoring that he's basically the son of Anubis with his genetic memory. EVIL incarnate as it were.

Ah well, in the end they saved the day... but still...

How would you rate SG-1's "Prototype"?

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

Quiz & jigsaw

3-episode quiz: Ex Deus Machina, Babylon & Prototype

Jigsaw puzzle: Prototype
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; July 14, 2020, 10:52 AM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Probably it worked only from the dialing side.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Couldn't stand this prototype type - for me he (it) was far worse than Urgo!
    Great idea - send him like a boomerang and he will be back.
    Jackson grows up - finally!
    One thing that always bugged me.. If they could do this "call forwarding" before, why couldn't they use it when they were getting dialed into?

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Couldn't stand this prototype type - for me he (it) was far worse than Urgo!
    Great idea - send him like a boomerang and he will be back.
    Jackson grows up - finally!

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    The urgo character is very annoying. I can't stand him

Leave a comment:

• enibas5
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Great actors can make even bad scripts into decent shows..
    True, that's why I wrote "limited" alternatives. But that only works, if the good actors are brave enough not to stick to the script entirely and also have already achieved confidence in their character.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Bad actors can make a good script into a bad episode. Urgo comes to mind
    Interesting. I liked "Urgo". Who ruined it in your opinion?

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Bad actors can make a good script into a bad episode. Urgo comes to mind

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Great actors can make even bad scripts into decent shows..

Leave a comment:

• enibas5
    replied
    THAT is so well written!
    Especially having this ep. directly after "Babylon", which was so unbelievable bad, shows how much the whole show depends on the writing. If you have bad scripts, the actors have limited alternatives to turn it around.
    Very much liked the way this ep. establishes the development Daniel's character has taken over the years. Even his teammates were a little irritated about him being in favor of killing Khalek. That was like saying: "I have seen too much to keep up that level of innocent naivity any longer." Nice way to make that clear to the audience, I think.

To sum it up - very good ep., with very good acting and a very good script as a foundation to make that possible.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Do they? Or is there just a correlation between the powers anubis's clone had and those of a Prior.

Leave a comment:

• LionHamster
    replied
    well now they know how to make a priar if they can fine a ancient gene device

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    As we have seen, the iris takes a few seconds to close.. so maybe it had not enough time to shut up before he returned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X