No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. I liked this one, great Daniel episode. I also like knowing more about ascension, even if the Ori already showed us that you don't have to be "good" to ascend.
    sigpic

Comment

Rich A writes: “In SG1′s Prototype, if Khalek had been allowed to ascent, could he have gone and rescued ol’ Dad from the fight with Oma?”

Answer: IF (and it’s a pretty big IF) he had been allowed to ascend then, yes, theoretically he could have tried to help.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...other-mailbag/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yay! No Ori!
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I guess I missed it, but what enabled SG1 to shoot Kalek dead when he returned through the stargate when the bullets were always ineffective against him?

Comment

He was focusing his mental energy on Cam that he did not see Daniel. This weaknesss is explored more in The Fourth Horsemen
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I just watched the Fourth Horseman and missed the explanation there too. As a matter of fact, I saw the prior go after Landry despite the effects of the energy device handled by Daniel.

Anyway, for Prototype, I couldn't help but be reminded of an episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea when they brought up a capsule with a humanoid who'd been in stasis for a million years and who proceded to destroy the submarine.......

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              He was focusing his mental energy on Cam that he did not see Daniel. This weaknesss is explored more in The Fourth Horsemen

Comment

The Prior device isn't forever. Given enough time the Prior can overcome the device that nulifies their powers
                Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I can't believe I'd forgotten this one. I really liked it. Poor Daniel...
                  Khalek was so creepy scary though...
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                    Robert Woolsey is Dick

Loved Daniel's New Guy quote.

Better than I thought is was going to be.
                    100% agreed with me in September 2005.

Woolsey would really get some developmental starting with this episode.

Tomorrow, the first part of the mid season finale (Already). Orlin's back.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd pretty much forgotten this episode so it was interesting to watch again.

Khalek was creepy, the way he reveled in his growing power, so menacing in the way he didn't let on how much he could do at first.

Of course no one listens to Daniel's warning. It was weird to see how adamant he was about killing Khalek, it seemed to me that Daniel became more cynical through the 9th and 10th seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                        Robert Woolsey is Dick

Loved Daniel's New Guy quote.

Better than I thought is was going to be.
                        erm ... that would be Richard Woolsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          ... it seemed to me that Daniel became more cynical through the 9th and 10th seasons!
                          I agree, and I like it. You can actually see seeds of this attitude in Watergate (when he makes the crack about Swiss subs).

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This is entertaining for a variety of reasons. Even though its not fully apparent until the next episode but this episode was a nice insight into how the Priors worked. I liked finally able to see a limit in how the advanced abilities of the genetically engineered humans are. The epiode also sheds some light on ascension and how evil beings like the Ori are even able to ascend. Its an interesting turn of events on the science of how ascension works. Finally I really hatr the IOA. Its a love to hate kind of relationship. You hate their political incompetence (arent't all politicians incompetent) but at the same time its interesting to see they obstacles they place for SG-1 (and later Atlantis) to get around. Its a real shame that they have to use Woosley as a plot device for incompetence as previous episode have shown him to be a lot more competent then he is played in this episode
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Khalek sure was creepy. Living up to his father. It seems the writers were pretty keen to keep Anubis popping up through what ever means.

Not completely Woolsey's (Dicks) fault as he was forced into making the SGC keep Khalek alive. Pity it takes him until Atlantis to grow some though.

Overall not a bad ep but there has been a lot better.
                              sigpic

Comment

personally i found this ep a waste of time they wrapped up the Anubis thing with the ascended cafe thing
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X