No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good insight in to how his memories of great power and evil corrupt him. As he is recalling memories of thousands of people worshipping him, it's like he gets drunk on his own godliness, and that encourages him to become more evil!

Comment

I loved this episode. they where all great.
      Of course daniel would sugest this. I mean after everything Anubis put them through and what it took to get rid of him he out of all of them no whats at stake.
      And of course his charecter woukd change after everything he's been through. i mean if you went through anything like what he as a charcter has been throuh are you saying you would stay the same.
      All in all great episode
      sigpic

Comment

i notice woolsey described the ioa as representing the free nations of the world but russia and china and members and neither grant much freedom to there people

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          Do you think so? I think he would have. He shot those baby goa'ulds just for being baby goa'ulds with the potential to one day harm people. I don't think s1 or s2 baby-snake-killing Daniel would have behaved much differently to Khalik, who was keen to get cracking on enslaving a galaxy.

I know that Daniel was the one who always wanted to talk out the argument rather than shoot it out - when *people* were involved, not goa'uld. He just wanted the goa'uld dead, and the only thing that ever tempered his goa'uld-killing streak was compassion for the hosts. Khalik had no host, he was in essence and soul pure goa'uld, and a particularly bad one at that. Daniel would have known that he was on the verge of almost limitless power. Why on earth would Daniel *not* want Khalik dead?
          Well said...Madeleine.
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

So... did anyone notice that the hybrid totally pulled a "mewtwo" in this episode?

Comment

Well, I just rewatched it and while I can see where are people praising Daniel coming from, I just kept thinking :"wow, that's Jack stuck in Daniel's body!". Seriously, I think Daniel behaved just like him and that's why I couldn't entirely buy it. Maybe MS should have found some another way to play him, because while I know Daniel had his reasons I saw another character entirely, not Dr Jackson with issues

But before I get slammed I'd like to say that I liked the episode overall. It's certainly among the best in season 9. And I don't have any problems with Daniel's decision or position, just with its execution, if that makes sense.
              Last edited by Petra; 11 May 2009, 01:40 PM.
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                Well, I just rewatched it and while I can see where are people praising Daniel coming from, I just kept thinking :"wow, that's Jack stuck in Daniel's body!". Seriously, I think Daniel behaved just like him and that's why I couldn't entirely buy it. Maybe MS should have found some another way to play him, because while I know Daniel had his reasons I saw another character entirely, not Dr Jackson with issues

But before I get slammed I'd like to say that I liked the episode overall. It's certainly among the best in season 9. And I don't have any problems with Daniel's decision or position, just with its execution, if that makes sense.
                I have no doubt about your thought on Daniel....
                sigpic
                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
                  Do you think so? I think he would have. He shot those baby goa'ulds just for being baby goa'ulds with the potential to one day harm people. I don't think s1 or s2 baby-snake-killing Daniel would have behaved much differently to Khalik, who was keen to get cracking on enslaving a galaxy.

I know that Daniel was the one who always wanted to talk out the argument rather than shoot it out - when *people* were involved, not goa'uld. He just wanted the goa'uld dead, and the only thing that ever tempered his goa'uld-killing streak was compassion for the hosts. Khalik had no host, he was in essence and soul pure goa'uld, and a particularly bad one at that. Daniel would have known that he was on the verge of almost limitless power. Why on earth would Daniel *not* want Khalik dead?
                  I agree, but I think he was also aware of the choice he was making, in a larger sense. The whole conversation about killing, and wanting to kill wasn't lost on him. He would see it as absolutely necessary, but that doesn't mean that it didn't stir up some unpleasant thoughts. We don't see anything like the same expression on his face here as we did when he killed the Goa'uld.

Comment

Now this was a good episode, definately one of season 9's better efforts. Khalek made a great villain, the guy who played him was totally convincing in the 'evil' stakes, too bad they killed him off after only one appearance.

Comment

Now this was a good episode, definately one of season 9's better efforts. Khalek made a great villain, the guy who played him was totally convincing in the 'evil' stakes, too bad they killed him off after only one appearance.
                      Well, yes, but the fact that it was Daniel that advised killing him immediately, the conversations between Khalek and Daniel about the nature of killing, and ultimately, Daniel firing the first of the shots that killed him was the whole point of the episode.

Comment

I suspect Daniel reacted the was he did because he understands the risks better perhaps than anyone else; if not consciously than buried in his brain somewhere with the knowledge he gained from having been ascended. I believe thats what the episode was about; exposing a deeper vengeance between him and Anubis. That said, I too was pretty shocked when he just blurted out lets kill him (paraphrasing).

Comment

I suspect Daniel reacted the was he did because he understands the risks better perhaps than anyone else; if not consciously than buried in his brain somewhere with the knowledge he gained from having been ascended. I believe thats what the episode was about; exposing a deeper vengeance between him and Anubis. That said, I too was pretty shocked when he just blurted out lets kill him (paraphrasing).
                          He doesn't even have to remember. Teal'c filled him in on everything when Daniel went to his quarters after remembering Sha're. He will have told him everything that occurred on Abydos, and about the destruction of the planet.

You make a good point. Daniel certainly hated Anubis at least as much as he hated Apophis, and he's going to feel the same way about an artificial re-creation of Anubis. There's an interesting deleted scene from Fallen where Daniel talks about feeling like he did something wrong, made a mistake, and the old man on Vis Uban tells him to go to the place they found him and see if he can find out who he was. That he needs to find out so that if he made a mistake, he can atone for it. Deleted scenes aren't canon, of course, but it's an interesting insight into Daniel's determination to destroy Anubis.

I don't think that's all the episode it about, though. I think it's also an exploration of who Daniel is--where and how he draws certain lines.

Comment

It was a great episode and explain what actually is the process of ascension.At least became clear that there is no need to be a pure soul to do that.Little disappointing, though.

Comment

This was an alright episode and I was pleasently surprised. "The son" was creepy, which added a nice touch to the episode. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Comment

I liked this episode. I guess Daniel acting different is a sign of him being back after descending and he looks at things differently now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X