Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atfan
    loved the episode. So glad A/T is back and she and Vala were great together.Sad about Vala though.Did anyone else catch it when Sam says Not available when asked if she is single? Is there hope for S/J shippers yet? Anyone have any thoughts on this from this episode?
    This scene was actually from
    Spoiler:
    Ex Deus Machina

Will the PTB finally resolve this question since Jack is no longer on the show? I agree with everything that the others have said.
    In a word, no.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Or at least, not yet. They probably still wanna hold that angle even longer.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Umm Vala said that the rings can be used if a cargo ships is cloaked or not. So why did Jacob say they have to uncloak to intercept the data stream to save Teal'c in a previous episode I don't know the name of?
        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Boy, I keep on bring up Serpent's Venom for you, don't I?

The ep was Serpent's Venom, and it's possible that they only needed to de-cloak to intercept the datastream, but they wouldn't have needed to de-cloak to simply recieve if the stream was aimed toward them.

Plus, that ep needed to add a slight bit more danger. Keep in mind, that this is a TV show, so there are bound to be a few inconsistencies unless you work your imagination real hard.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

This might have been asked, since Vala distroyed the Supergate
            Spoiler:
            It took the Alterans/Ancients a thousand years to get to our galaxy now in the episode "CRUSADE" Vala makes contact with Daniel tells him the Ori invasion fleet is being built. I got this from Gateworld.
            how long do you think it will take them to get here?
            Last edited by mindfire; 09 October 2005, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mindfire
              This might have been asked, since Vala distroyed the Supergate
              Spoiler:
              It took the Alterans/Ancients a thousand years to get to our galaxy now in the episode "CRUSADE" Vala makes contact with Daniel tells him the Ori invasion fleet is being built. I got this from Gateworld.
              how long do you think it will take them to get here?
              Well, considering it's been thousands of years since they parted, I'm willing to bet that they have a few new improvements. I think the Supergate would just have been a faster route. Think about it, would you rather wait a week or so (speculation) to start a full invasion or would you rather get there in thirty seconds? Look how many times the Goa'uld tried to destroy us through the gate rather then come by ships.

Comment

Review:
                This review's going to be relatively short. I loved the ep, just like I've loved every ep in Season 9 so far. Loved the character interactions and the chemistry between all of the characters - it's like after being dead for three seasons, it's suddenly come alive again. Vala was great, Daniel was great, good to see Sam (although I would have been interested in seeing more interaction between her and Vala). Interesting plot, and all that.

Rating: 9 out of 10.

Now for my question: much as I really, really like Vala and really, really want to see a lot more of her, I just don't get how it's possible. I've been going over the logic of the statement, "Her matter stream was pulled into a black hole; therefore, she might be alive" - and I just don't get it. Could somebody please explain it to me? Thanks

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Katerine

Now for my question: much as I really, really like Vala and really, really want to see a lot more of her, I just don't get how it's possible. I've been going over the logic of the statement, "Her matter stream was pulled into a black hole; therefore, she might be alive" - and I just don't get it. Could somebody please explain it to me? Thanks
                  Well, I'll attempt it. I assume you've heard their explanation of how the ring transporters work somewhat like the Stargates, in that they break down the body into energy and beam it to another transporter ring. Then in this ep, Vala said that the ring transporters automatically beam to the nearest set of rings if no coordinates are given (or something to that effect). When the Black Hole formed, the gravity was so immense that it would have sucked in her transmitting energy signal (it sucks in light, so why not matter-existing-as-energy?). We've witnessed that the people in the Ori galaxy do have ring transporters, so it would make sense if the planet that they were using as the position of launch had rings on it or nearby. Vala's matter-stream would automatically track to the nearest ring platform and re-intigrate her on it.

Best explanation I can think of. Does that help?

Comment

Well this is certainly an interesting episode but I have mixed feelings regarding it. Sam seemed rather bored to tell the truth and I wasn't that excited to have her back, to be correct, I'm really disappointed about Vala, but at least we'll see her again.

I liked the Goa'uld, he was rather amusing, wouldn't have thought a Goa'uld could get that large. I hadn't seen him working for the Ori coming, nice twist. The FX and space stuff for this episode was fantastic, I loved that Supergate. Nice series development.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Good episode. Typically, just as I finally warm to Vala - she's grown on me more and more in the last two eps - she's (maybe) sucked away to another galaxy! She was very good in this episode and I actually thought that the interaction between her and Sam (fleeting though it was) seemed promising.
                      I'll agree with Elite Anubis that something certainly seemed to be lacking in Sam's character, hopefully it wont last.
                      The supergate idea was great, and at least made the Orii seem more interesting.

Comment

I *liked* it!! Yay!

It was nice to see Sam back, even though everyone didn't seem too enthusiastic about it. SuperGate was trés cool though. Can't believe we're already on episode 6!

Things I didn't like too much...

Shaft... I will say no more...
                        Vala leaving *just* when I had decided I liked her after all...
                        Mention of Jack making me realise I really don't miss him the way that I thought I would, and am now wondering am I just plain cold hearted lol
                        Gen. Landry's leather jacket... am I just being strange about it. Take it off already!!!

But anyway... excuse my babbling and weird randomness, my brain is frazzed from studying for my semester exams in 2 weeks time...

Yay Stargate for a distraction!!!
                        meh

Comment

Gotta say, besides the first 15-20 minutes, this ep was pretty run of the mill, with little to offer. Sam was not very well placed in this episode and if the part she had in this episode continues, I may turn to dislike this season, as the Vala/Daniel banter is now over, and it was one of the key highlights. As for the Ori, they are becoming a good enemy, but little is being done to expand who they are, and all that is happening is them showing off their abilites.

I am very sorry to see Vala leave, she was very entertaining ad will be sorely missed IMO.

I am also warming to Landry, who is still nothing against Hammond, but still a very good character.
                          A final point, I do like the way that, although RDA is no longer there, his character is being carried over, with his wit still being written in.

A disapointing episode IMO, hoping this will pick up now
                          6/9 chevrons for me
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I enjoyed this ep. It wasn't perhaps as riveting as some have been, but it certainly captured my interest and enjoyment enough to ensure that I only flicked channels during the commerical breaks (hate 'em - why couldn't they have SG-1 on BBC three or something?).

It was good to see Sam back (indeed, as the camera panned around in Gen. Landry's office I actually had to stop myself saying "Hi Sam!" out loud. V. embarrassing).

I guess much of the fact that Sam wasn't as heavily involved as usual was down to her still not thinking of herself as 'SG-1'. Despite their being referred to by that tag, none of them have SG1 patches on (just SGC) so, technically, SG-1 is still not an official entity. Sam probably expected to head back to wherever she's been working for the last few weeks once they'd stuffed the forcefield and sent the Prior packing.

Of course, it didn't turn out like that, so that may well spur her to rejoin the team (what am I saying? Of course it will!)

Mind you, it did result in Vala finding herself suddenly out of the picture; a bit mean of them all to completely ignore her when she was trying to make a contribution, though! As she said herself, not everything that comes out of her mouth is innuendo. Just most of it.

'Cam - shaft.' Arf.

Interesting to see where they go from here, though. How do you defeat an enemy that is genuinely more powerful than you are? It was more luck than judgement that saved them from the Ori armada that would have come streaming through the supergate but for Vala. I wonder how she'll get on if she's managed to stick herself in the Ori galaxy as Daniel suggested.

Nice punishment for the naughty little Goa'uld (no more chicken!!! Argh!). Mind you, the moment he opened his mouth and started spouting compliments, I did find myself wondering what his game was. Not many Goa'ulds out there would be falling over themselves to get all luvvy-duvvy with SG-1 like that. Not that I saw the Ori thing coming, I have to admit.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is a great ep, glad to finally have Sam back. Not much interaction between her and Vala though, wish there was more of that.

The Jack on the phone bit was really funny. Glad to see hes still sort of there in a way. NOOOOOO Vala come back! I really liked her. Ill just have to wait.
                              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                              LOVE HIM-> DT
                              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I only saw the middle of it (I missed the first and last 15 minutes) But the bit I did see was the best episode this season. I loved the Phone call to O'Neill and of course it was fantastic to see the band back together again, shame about Vala though I've heard that she's back for the end of the season.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X