No announcement yet.

The Powers That Be (905)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about the symbiote thing aswell but neither have them anymore - does the immunity stay with you if so then Sam will also be immune

I thought that Daniel may be immune after interacting with Ayiana
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      I thought about the symbiote thing aswell but neither have them anymore - does the immunity stay with you if so then Sam will also be immune

I thought that Daniel may be immune after interacting with Ayiana
      that was jonas not daniel, daniel was ascended at the time.

Comment

LOL - oops I really should see a doctor about my memory problems
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I would say it had to do with Naquadah in the blood, but as far as I remember Carter caught the similar plague in 'Frozen'. Teal'c is the only one that makes any sense, whereas I can't think of any reason for Daniel not to get sick (unless returning to our level of existence gave him super DNA).

I have a feeling this doesn't look good for Daniel's future. The scene with the Prior getting into his face during the religious debate was a little freaky. It gave me the impression the Ori have a particular annoyance with him, though I assume that Daniel might be under the watch of the Others.

I think it's most likely the Prior is making an example out of everyone else to antagonize Daniel. Vala is just an accessory to the annoyance Daniel caused to them. The episode tortured the both of them in particular. Vala couldn't do anything to help and had to watch the people die, and Daniel was unable to stop the Prior from making the people worship the Ori.
          "You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We've got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmic; now you're Mr. MacUseless. Dear God! Stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!" - Amanda Tapping, Solitudes blooper.

Comment

Originally posted by eve11
            I think that Lam and Cam are living together.

OMG, Lam, Cam, and Sam!!! OT3!!!!111!!!!!

And their newest writer is... Dr. Seuss...

\sarcasm
            CLamS? I would not watch it here or there, I would not watch it anywhere. I do not like this Sam/Lam/Cam, I do not like this shippy ham.
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 13 August 2005, 08:58 AM. Reason: tweaking ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Antiquitas
              The scene with the Prior getting into his face during the religious debate was a little freaky. It gave me the impression the Ori have a particular annoyance with him, though I assume that Daniel might be under the watch of the Others.
              Well he is the main threat to their plans of converting the peoples of the MW
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Fsudryden
                Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Jaffa are going to be split in two about this and they will join the Ori's crusade?
                Yeh, I thought that when that Big Jaffa dude with the fur wanted to "know more" about the ori an episode or 2 back.

I wonder exactly what "reward" nasdaq got for rubbing Vala's feet

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Well he is the main threat to their plans of converting the peoples of the MW
                  Hehe. Of course. But... wouldn't it be so much easier to just wipe lil' old Daniel Jackson out? That's what I meant. Something else has to be going on there keeping him from suddenly being turned into a human torch, rained on with stones, blasted by a hurricane, and having Prometheus drop out of the sky on him.
                  "You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We've got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmic; now you're Mr. MacUseless. Dear God! Stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!" - Amanda Tapping, Solitudes blooper.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    CLamS?
                    *spew*

lmao. And I do like your verse as well

Comment

LOVED it. How great was it to have the whole SG-1 team (even if it was just the SG-1 Temp Team ) on one friggin planet for one whole episode? Had a really good "old school" stargate vibe, despite half the actors being different. This was definately my favorite ep this season, mostly because of the team aspect... but also because I really missed that deep, sexy goa'uld voice. Man, if I had a girlfriend who talked like that, I'd... ahem... sorry got a bit off track there.

My only problems were 1) the whole mysterious teal'c being there thing that has been mentioned, and 2) "suddenly mitchell is sick!". I must have gone to the bathroom or something without noticing (or blacked out from the ultimate hotness of the goa'uld voice) becuase one minute Mitchell had a little cough and the next he was flat on his back. Where was the requisite "I dont feel so good... **MITCHELL FALLS OVER**" scene?

... and now next week I get me some Carter action. Oh, Sam, how I've missed you. If only we could reinfect Sam... oooo... Sam with that beautiful, husky goa'uld voice... just thinking about it makes me want to...

ahem. Back to you, gateworld.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                        I wonder if we'll get to meet the mom, or will it be a classic case of the mom has died.

And do you think the other characters know about this?
                        When General Landry asked about "her" mother, she told him to ask her himself, so that would lead me to believe she's still alive. As far as the others knowing there is a family link between the two, thats open to speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                          One thing I've noticed about season nine so far is that after every episode, people post their thoughts and then have questions about why? Why did this happen? Why didn't they explain this? Then an episode or two later the answer to the question is given. I know that this can sometimes be difficult when you just watch an episode or two, but if you follow the show from start to finish, I'm just really loving the unfolding of the season. I might go "Huh?" or "Hmmm!" during one episode and then one or two episodes later go, "Aha!" I can see where it would drive some people crazy, but I like it. So questions about why did Tea'lc go along, or why did Mitchell get sick, or what is the deal with the Orii, just might possibly be answered a week or two down the road. You can bet I'll be paying attention!
                          That's one of the great things about having internet forums! Years ago, and I am old enough to remember pre-internet, we just pondered these things in our own heads, unless you were lucky enough to know people that watched the same shows and were interested enough to talk that in-depth about them. --and when it comes to scifi, that was pretty rare.

Anyway, I don't think the questions are necessarily complaints, and they don't always drive someone crazy, they're just topic-starters. Something to discuss and something to put our heads together to solve. When we ask the questions, we are interested in the answers and comments of others. Sometimes it can be spoilers with question marks. Like, somebody guessed the right answer, and it seems plausible, but is that the way the writers meant it?

Take the tests in the first episode. I thought somebody guessed Mitchell's puzzle spot on. Then someone else came up with something that I didn't think as plausible, but put some doubt in my mind as to the first guess. It's fun. It's fun to share ideas and guesses and it's even fun when you're wrong.

Basically, it's just another way to enjoy a show for longer than the hour it is on.

Comment

Originally posted by jree
                            Fascinating. So the Ori disease is the same stuff that was in the episode Frozen. So it was the Ori who gave the ancients the plague.
                            They didn't say that. What Dr. Lam said was that it seemed similiar, but of course she was basing that entire distinction on the timing of the disease. Totally a Scientific Wild-Ass Guess, since she couldn't detect so much as a microbe that caused the symptooms in the first place.

But lets assume that what the Prior did was in fact what happened to the Alterans/Ancients back nearly 50 million years ago. I honestly hope it is because it would further open up the back-story about the schism between the Alteran race, and why some of them left, eventually ending up in the Milky Way.

Comment

Teal'c being there... One episode to the next is not one week in the lives of Stargate. Sometimes it's minutes, sometimes it's several weeks or months.

Teal'c was talking different. I like the idea of him getting it from being around the Jaffa.

I like Vala much more now. Why couldn't she have been this way from the beginning? Were they afraid we'd like her too much?

I'm liking Bridges' Landry much more than I'd expected too. I'm glad because the show needs an anchor like Hammond was. This will be good.

I'm undecided about the Ori story. I think it will get boring very fast. The doom and gloom is depressing enough. I'd like to see more exploration, but that's pretty much been stopped. Everyplace they go, if they go anyplace, is just some human inhabited planet. Boring! I'm starting to feel like Urgo, "Couldn't we go someplace else... that's not here? Someplace, ya'know, that's not here?" Someplace that's not necessarily human?

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                Can you say wooden? After seeing her I really, really miss Janet even more than before - talk about a gaping hole - now there's another one, or better yet, still that same one plus all of the others.
                                I think LD was more animated when she was on Andromeda, than she is playing Dr. Lam. As for the storyline of her being Gen. Landry's "estranged" daughter, can you say cliche? WHY would they put that in there?????? It's been done to death........(sighs).

As for the episode, over-all I was disappointed, considering who wrote it. I expected more.....all it did was set us up for why Sam will be returning next week. The Ori are a larger threat than formerly thought....well, gee, I should hope so. They were supposed to make the Goa'uld look like Teddy bears.

Well, Beachhead should be interesting, now that the "band" will be back together.....I wonder if they will be playing any blue's? Guess not, RDA was the guitarist......
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X