No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good episode this one, the MS/CB interaction hasnt let up since the two met up in Avalon 1 and it is great to watch. Yay for the next episode, more Vala. Oh and the Lucian Allience, its going to be good.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

If we keep getting this quality of episodes then are be happy.

Overall a good and very funny episode, I again liked the interaction between Vala and Daniel, and the scavanger hunt showed what the galaxy was like without the Goa'uld.

I also liked the comments Vala made about the man's Manhood, although I hope they fix the Stargate so the old wormhole comes back. And Teal'c role could have been a bit more important.

Although ending on a negative I enjoyed it, and hope it follows on with the same standards next week.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.

TPTB have lost the ability to make good quality comedy eps.

Furthermore, there is a very simple reason why Daniel doesn't want to shag Vala senseless. He's got enough integrity not to shag someone who's in dire need of a shrink.

She's a headcase, a liability, she's of no use to the SGC whatsoever.

The plot of this ep was rank, Mitchell feels flat, and put it this way...

If anyone wants to write S9 ep synopses from here on in for Matt G's Place, give me an email.

I'll stick with Atlantis.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Strange, I thought this was a good episode, The whole Ori story line was getting a bit dragged out for my liking and it was nice to get back to what SG-1 do, travel accross the galaxy. Daniel and Vala were on top form through out, Mitchell did for a moment remind me of Jack when Teal'c said it and the bounty hunter line was actually longer than in the show (if you look at GW guide for the Epsiode). It seems that TPTB are trying to drag out the return of SG-1 for as long as possible with the Daniel fainting scene but its most likely for the return of Carter in Beachead. I hope the Lucien Alliance are in future SG-1 storylines as it is true that we would see factions rising after the fall of the power system that was the Goa'uld.

The Ties That Bind recieves a S.G.C rating of 7 out of 9 Chevrons

Comment

Yes, I'll just say - it could have been worse. It was Stargate so I sat and watched it but it was not one of the best episodes. My main beef is the fact that Vala's character remains predictable. I thought that perhaps by this episode she would have been given some "depth" for want of a better word! She could be such a interesting character if she was allowed to expand more than the "thieving harlot" routine.

Comment

Hmm. I'm not sure what to say about this one. It certainly raised a few laughs from me (no one else, alas; I'm the only SG fan in the house), but it didn't 'grab' me the way that the previous eps have.

It was fun to have them going all over the place on a bit of a wild-goose-treasure-hunt-chase thingy (and the humour this generated was certainly rib-tickling), though I was as startled as anyone else by the sudden transformation of the wormhole - have they upgraded from Windows NT, then?

I agree that I feel a sense of things being 'on hold' for AT's return. Obviously Vala, as a 'civilian', cannot become a member of SG1, and (assuming Cam has made no progress on recruiting - in favour of realising his dream) the team will not reform until Sam is back at the SGC and Teal'c finds a reason to stop stalking the halls of Dakara. I suppose that it's inevitable that things are rather going to run on the spot a bit until the team's back together again and starts tripping the light fantastic - wormhole style.

My considered opinion (and entirely mine): It was an OK episode - some good laughs and set pieces - not a thorough stonker, but these are the ones which make you appreciate the good 'uns all the more.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                Strange, I thought this was a good episode, The whole Ori story line was getting a bit dragged out for my liking and it was nice to get back to what SG-1 do, travel accross the galaxy...
                I agree that it was a fun episode. What struck me afterwards, though, is the difference in the way that they "travel across the galaxy." In previous episodes, it was "go to Planet A, back to Earth, go to Planet B, back to Earth, go to Planet C, back to Earth," and one planet per episode [generally]. This was different, "go to Planet A, then to Planet B, then to Planet C." Like the universe has been opened up to us ["us" being Earth and the SGC]. It was a different feel than going to one planet, investigating, exploring, etc.. It was planet-hopping and it seemed to open up new vistas in the Stargate world. I hope it continues.

I'm not sure if that made sense, but it was a different "feel".

Comment

At least we can hope that Vala is complicating matters for the Ori.
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

Meh... it was ok... I don't really have much of an opinion on it. It was....ok i guess, nothing spectacular.

Hopefully next week'll be better
                    meh

Comment

I definetly would like to see more of Vala.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                        I agree that it was a fun episode. What struck me afterwards, though, is the difference in the way that they "travel across the galaxy." In previous episodes, it was "go to Planet A, back to Earth, go to Planet B, back to Earth, go to Planet C, back to Earth," and one planet per episode [generally]. This was different, "go to Planet A, then to Planet B, then to Planet C." Like the universe has been opened up to us ["us" being Earth and the SGC]. It was a different feel than going to one planet, investigating, exploring, etc.. It was planet-hopping and it seemed to open up new vistas in the Stargate world. I hope it continues.
                        I liked that too. And I laughed a fair bit, even on the second viewing. Jolly good show.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                          It was planet-hopping and it seemed to open up new vistas in the Stargate world. I hope it continues.
                          It sounds a bit like what I used to do as a student. Except in my case it was hopping around West Yorkshire with a Bus/Train pass...

Not that it broadened my horizons as much as planet hopping would, though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Was quite entertaining, but Vala is really starting to grate on me now. I'd be forced to punch her out if I was DJ but hey, I spose it was a chance for TPTB to write for a different character. I'm kinda looking forward to Beachhead now when I really wasn't all that fussed before.

Did anyone notice the 'mirroring' that was going on between MS & BB? They both cross their arms at the same time, they both put their hands on hips thang going on, especially when they got into the long coats. Now (digs into memories of Social Science course) that means that they admire each other, want to be like each other, subconciously reinforcing their feelings by mirroring the other's stance... No doubt someone will correct me, but it was just something that jumped out at me there and nice to see.

I'm wishing the show would move out of it's comedy phase and return to some serious stuff again. But I'm still watching. 6/10 for me.
                            Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

She must be a fun character. She's really different and energetic.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This ep just arid in Canada and Valla the Bedroom scene DAMN

All in all a good ep Teal'c looks ravaged by time though but I guess that’s what happens when you've been fights the false Gods
                                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X