No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, those leathers Mitchell and Daniel are wearing look like clothes someone would wear in the Princess Bride (I was inspired to by the DVD after seeing this stargate ep...the fact that it was only $9.00 at Best Buy helped that decision).

EDIT: I keep expecting the Monk to say his ship can "make the Kessel run in less then 5 parsecs, it doesnt look like much but its got it where it counts."
    Last edited by AGateFan; 06 September 2005, 06:28 PM.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Just want to say - I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        Just want to say - I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!!
        After re-watching The Ties That Bind last night, I truly enjoyed it more than the first time. I found Vala to be deliciously wicked and funny and although it may not have been "classic" Stargate, it was extremely entertaining and funny. I missed a few things on my first go around.

And ValaCB, it looks like you're going to get your wish......but I'm not getting mine. Oh well, c'est la vie.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          And ValaCB, it looks like you're going to get your wish......but I'm not getting mine. Oh well, c'est la vie.
          Ha? What'r you talking about? What wish?

Comment

Ha? What'r you talking about? What wish?
            Your sig wish!!!!
            On fighting:

Comment

Your sig wish!!!!
              I dont care about if Vala coming back or not.... only in
              Spoiler:
              epi 19/20
              is too long to wait for . so, i dont care anymore. Stargate is not my favorite show... sorry for being so negative

but I'm not getting mine
              What is yours? im stupid today

Comment

I dont care about if Vala coming back or not.... only in
                Spoiler:
                epi 19/20
                is too long to wait for . so, i dont care anymore. Stargate is not my favorite show... sorry for being so negative

What is yours? im stupid today
                Well, I'm now totally confused.....you posted you "loved the episode", your sig literally screams you want Vala back...I previously was under the impression that she
                Spoiler:
                wouldn't be back sooner than next season, and now find out that she is most likely returning in epsode 19
                ( I believe) AND you don't care, because Stargate is NO longer your favorite show. Then answer me this...WHY the are you here? Sorry, but I just don't get it.

It's obvious you were NEVER a Stargate fan.......I give up. Go make some other lucky show your favorite.
                On fighting:

Comment

Well, I'm now totally confused.....you posted you "loved the episode", your sig literally screams you want Vala back...I previously was under the impression that she
                  Spoiler:
                  wouldn't be back sooner than next season, and now find out that she is most likely returning in epsode 19
                  ( I believe) AND you don't care, because Stargate is NO longer your favorite show. Then answer me this...WHY the are you here? Sorry, but I just don't get it.

It's obvious you were NEVER a Stargate fan.......I give up. Go make some other lucky show your favorite.
                  But Claudia Black isn't on another show... that's the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Temporarily_cloned
                    I agree, that IS a problem, so in the meantime, until we are lucky enough to have CB in her own series.....I guess it's Farscape reruns. I'm in the States, so I have to rely on DVD's and I have never seen CB in anything else, besides the movie Pitch Black. She'a marvelous actress and if I were a producer, I'd grab her up in milisecond! Oh well.....

Edit: Wait.....
                    Spoiler:
                    TPTB did grab her for another show this season, on Stargate....it's a start. There's always NEXT season!
                    On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Temporarily_cloned
                      YUP!

Comment

I agree, that IS a problem, so in the meantime, until we are lucky enough to have CB in her own series.....I guess it's Farscape reruns. I'm in the States, so I have to rely on DVD's and I have never seen CB in anything else, besides the movie Pitch Black. She'a marvelous actress and if I were a producer, I'd grab her up in milisecond! Oh well.....

Edit: Wait.....
                        Spoiler:
                        TPTB did grab her for another show this season, on Stargate....it's a start. There's always NEXT season!
                        By "reruns" you mean syndication all around the USA which starts in less then a month, right?

Comment

The episode was... interesting. The whole “find this to get this to trade for that” thing seemed rather... weird, but it could've been worse.

Of all things, I wish that someone from the Lucian Alliance had mentioned Daniel... Or should I say...

“Go! Bring us Vala and her companion, Hans Olo!”

Maybe I'm a simple man, but I would've cracked up had that line popped up.
                          And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by KairezLightkeeper
                            Of all things, I wish that someone from the Lucian Alliance had mentioned Daniel... Or should I say...

“Go! Bring us Vala and her companion, Hans Olo!”

Maybe I'm a simple man, but I would've cracked up had that line popped up.
                            LOL! i love it

Comment

A run of the mill episode. The acting was okay and the humor not so..humorous. The whole plot was a bit out there to say the least but it has originality to it. The ending was bad though. A major anti-climactic ending if there ever was one.

timdalton007

Comment

I thought this was a fantastic episode, it was only 901 that seemed iffy to me. Vala is fantastic and her interaction with Danny is great, I hope to be seeing more of her soon.

Having the Grand Nagus was interesting, and the whole idea of this episode was so comical. Going from one place, to another. Little annoyed about the change in wormhole, hope this was an FX goof to be fixed later on.

Also, when Vala is in Dannys bed. What are the name of her undies? Do they have like a specific name?
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X