No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 2 (902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a shame they never had a chance to fully mess out the Ori.

Comment

Rewatching the Avalon Episodes now, still like Vala and Mitchell. The Ori are interesting, but I can see how most of the ideas and themes related to them have been done with the Goa'uld. The only weird thing: The ancient communication device. Why in this instance did it only transfer Daniel and Vala to their host bodies instead of swapping the other minds to their bodies as well, other than that the story called for it?
      Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Because it requires both sides to be active to do the full swap.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
          They should of returnd the Treasure to the British goverment as it belongs to the british in the first place.
          I second that!

My LiveJournal post
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another go at SG1...by this point in my life I was also planning a move to my current location of Exeter...

1. The sword fight was still good.

2. Sort of forgot how Vala got out of the fire.

3. Interaction between Landry and Lam was certainly interesting though I don't think we knew what their relationship was at this point.

4. "What did you take?"

Decent ep still.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Looks like the first appearance of the eventually used to death 'village' set in this episode, I don't recall seeing it used before this.

Is Daniel talking faster?

So begins two seasons of having to hear the tiresome chant of "Hallowed be the Ori" on a regular basis.

I found rewatching the scene of Vala being burned lacked the intensity you'd expect because she was never allowed to be serious and be a person me as a viewer could empathise with. She's always flippant and annoying so that somehow lessened the impact of what happened to her, I didn't care about her as a character. Even with watching it for the first time it never packed the same impact as the Young /Riley scene in SGU did for me the first time I watched that, and still find hard to watch. Caring about the characters makes all the difference!

Good moments, Teal'c finding that freedom for Jaffa from the Goa'uld doesn't necessary mean freedom from self serving individuals! There's intrigue and power mongering amongst the pillars of Dakarra!

Mitchell isn't annoying me so much with this re-watch.

The Ancient's design for the communication stone base unit is wonderfully artistic, in SGU it was backward engineered to look so boringly utilitarian!

Comment

This episode was a good as the Premiere of the season. Avalon is probably near the bottom of the premieres (I'm not going to list them).

The stone devices will have a bigger role during SGU *Insert Voyager reference* (no, that's retarded stupid).

Tomorrow, the final episode of the 3-part premiere of SG-1's new era. It'll also be the first episode, I've previously reviewed (after original airing), I'll quote it, after that is anybody's guess.
                sigpic

Comment

Slightly better than part 1. I always enjoy the sword fight. The love hate bond between Daniel and Vala is really starting to form.

I loved the interview scene with Mitch. Was that this ep or last ep. Either way it was funny.

Seeing Vala burnt alive is still pretty nasty.

Hallowed are the Ori. Oh god here we go again.
                  sigpic

Comment

For all those naysayers.

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

Comment

I like the mystery that comes with this episode. In the beating the Ancient traps in Glastonbury we find a communication device that sends Daniel and Vala to far a galaxy. I like how things just seem off. The society they discover seems the exact opposite of Ancient society. I like the mystery of not knowing why everything is different and the insight into a culture that is simliar and yet radically different then us. I remember finding the burning of Vala to be quite intense a big high light of this episode. The Garek stuff is kind of pointless in this episode and really doesn't see good light until Origin.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Awesome episode Vala died but was saved by the Ori Prior
                        sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

I have always had big distaste for the Jaffa, ****ing arrogant and cocky but that Gerak fellow takes it to another level.
                          RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

True, but Louis gosset did a damn good job playing him.

Comment

Hello and I apologize if this question was already discussed. I could not find the answer. If discussion exists please direct me there. So the question is why when Vala and Daniel used communication devices their bodies fell into the sleep-like state? Why there was only one way exchange with bodies of Harried and Sallis, why consciousnesses of Harried and Sallis were not transferred into Vala and Daniel bodies? That is how we see communication devices work in SGU, isn't it? Thank you.

Comment

Tyana, chances are it's because TPTB hadn't thought of that, yet. Or perhaps these are different stones. There clearly are more than one kind. Remember, the stones Joe & Jack had only let them see into each other's lives; they didn't actually inhabit one another's bodies.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X