No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 2 (902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should of returnd the Treasure to the British goverment as it belongs to the british in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
      They should of returnd the Treasure to the British goverment as it belongs to the british in the first place.
      Yeah, but it's possible that the British Ambassador from "Disclosure" let the SGC keep the treasure.
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

It would depend on what the British government knew about the Stargate program at this point. Pretty hard to explain how they got in there--and the hologram, if the British weren't completely in the know.

If they were able to, I'm sure they gave the 'treasure' part to the British, keeping only the device and the book. If they weren't able to do that without revealing things they couldn't, then they probably left everything where it was, except for the device and the book.

Still, Merlin is pretty hard to explain, in and of himself, what with being mythological and all, unless the British government knows a heck of a lot about the stargate program.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
          Gordon Brown the Clown would just sell it off to make up for his incompetent Governments bungling of the economy anyway I wouldn't trust that lot to help run a childrens tea party let alone anything to do with the stargate programme

Comment

Vala is still not my favorite and not liking the Ori...
            sigpic

Comment

I hate the dudes who say hallowed are the ori and who burned Vala Mal Doran

Comment

Hey, Endy! Recognise me? I also think that it is too religious.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

So, I was just rewatching Avalon today and I took note of the puzzle Mitchell had to solve. Did anyone else wonder why the Ancients would make a puzzle using Arabic numerals??

Comment

My only question is when did Jack retire and when did Landry take over? I feel like I missed something or is it going to come to light in later episodes?

Comment

I hope so. The puzzle thing bothered me too, to be honest. Vala's still too much the thief for my liking, and that "advanced race posing as gods" thing is old already. First the Goa'uld, now the Ori...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        I hope so. The puzzle thing bothered me too, to be honest. Vala's still too much the thief for my liking, and that "advanced race posing as gods" thing is old already. First the Goa'uld, now the Ori...
                        I asked myself the other day, "what is Stargate SG-1 about?" (This came out of me thinking, Lost is about fate versus free will, Babylon 5 is basically about the power of one/self-sacrifice etc...)

The best answer I could come up with... standing up to false gods. You could also argue that it's about the journey of everyday people in extraordinary circumstances or something of that nature, so those are the two big themes I came up with.
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Fair point, but I'm still not too keen on it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like to think that the puzzles were automatically created based on the people in the chambers, that's why Mitchell had a simpler puzzle and the two pots/gold coin thing was more suited to Vala and Daniel. Apparently the Puzzle-o-Matic machine was also designed to assume that the occupants had a basic understanding of ancient.

My theory at least.

Comment

I'm not thrilled with the Ori storyline, but I love Vala! I love the line when she looks at Daniel and Cam and she says, "Limited gene pool."
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

The last 10 minutes of this episode are truly riveting. Great performances by Michael and Claudia, and the music just adds to the awesome creepiness of the Ori and the "holycrap what are we dealing with" feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X