No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode should have more Carter.Vala as a replacement works as if you have watched "Jeeves and Wooster"Then i say that Jeeves was switched with Brinkley and vala with carter makes the same
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I love Farscape [and Aeryn] but Vala drives me crazy! I miss Jack but I think Cam is great on his own. I am biased though.
      sigpic

Comment

i miss o'neill

Comment

i hate cam

Comment

Really like Cam. I started watching SG-1 largely because of RDA, but O'Neill became such a cynical misanthrope by the end of the 8th season that I was rather glad to see the back of him. Even if I'm looking forward to catching glimpses of him later. Can't stand Vala, though, which is a shame, I had such high hopes for her.

This episode reminded me a lot of SW. The Antarctica dogfight was lifted straight from the start of The Empire Strikes Back, right down to the blue leader line. The cliffhanger reminded me a lot of the trash compactor scene.
            sigpic

Comment

Gonna watch this tonight..for like the 20th time... I miss my SG1 good night stories...
              sigpic

Comment

My opinion of this first episode of Season 9: B O R I N G !

Besides, who ever heard of a military expedition with a scantily clad member? Looks like the producers were desperate for ratings in Season 9.

Comment

Watched this again for the 20th time like someone said a couple weeks ago. Read through the first 3 pages of comments but I can't do 23 more. On the "test" pedestals the instructions are written in ancient so why are the "reflection test" numbers just plain old 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in our language? Also when the ceilings start coming down there isn't a hole in the ceiling to go around the pedestal so wouldn't it just stop when it hit that? Unless pressure pushes the pedestal underground but who knows.

Comment

October 2005: By this point I had 'a' degree and was looking for work in the London area(and getting nowhere. In the meantime the SG1 cast had been overhauled and instead of ending the show after a respectable run, actors were hauled in from Farscape of all shows. I was not looking forward to the results.

1. First time round...well...I bailed out of SG1 before the end of S9 so let's see how this run goes.

2. Second time around...Cam was not as annoying as I remember, I actually sympathised with the guy a bit, trying to live up to whats in your paperwork isn't always easy.

3. Then he got annoying again, certainly by the time they hit Glastonbury.

4. Vala...not so bad but still annoying.

This ep seemed better overall second time around...S9 may yet redeem itself!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I liked the Arthurian arc so I concentrate on that. I also enjoy watching Vala irritate Daniel.

So, I'm pretty happy with this season.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by terminator View Post
                        Also when the ceilings start coming down there isn't a hole in the ceiling to go around the pedestal so wouldn't it just stop when it hit that? Unless pressure pushes the pedestal underground but who knows.
                        I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the ceilings would crush the pedestals or push them down, maybe they wouldn't, but I wouldn't want to wait and find out, would you? Plus, even if the pedestals do stop the ceilings, then they wouldn't be able to solve the puzzles, so they'd never get out of the room!

My LiveJournal post
                        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

October 2005 brought a big change in the Stargate world and in mine. I emigrated from the UK to Canada and watching Season 9 always reminds me of that time. There was me getting used to Vancouver as my new home, and finding that Stargate was a little different and I had to get used to that as well!!!

So even as I climbed to the top of Glastonbury Tor in my younger days who would have thought that there was treasure of the Ancients within it!!!

I liked the idea of the use of the Arthurian legend as linked to the Ancients, but the new faces just didn't do it for me.

Landry still annoyed me although Mitchell didn't seem to annoy me as much as watching him on his first introduction. I think it's because he became more likeable for me by the time we got to 'Continuum' so didn't seem so bad with this watch.

Vala is just so out there and the jokes about 'Daniel and sex' were just so forced it annoyed me all over again!

Comment

A pretty good beginning to the new phase of SG-1's run.

That whole sequence when Mitchell is interviewing candidates was pretty funny.

I like Cam as a SG-1's leader, but not as much as Jack or Sam. He feels line a clone of Jack's character.

Tomorrow, the conclusion, will everyone die to leave no one in command of SG-1 (except maybe Carter, wait, she got reassigned, never mind)?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by terminator View Post
                              Watched this again for the 20th time like someone said a couple weeks ago. Read through the first 3 pages of comments but I can't do 23 more. On the "test" pedestals the instructions are written in ancient so why are the "reflection test" numbers just plain old 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in our language? Also when the ceilings start coming down there isn't a hole in the ceiling to go around the pedestal so wouldn't it just stop when it hit that? Unless pressure pushes the pedestal underground but who knows.
                              This struck me as odd as well. Unless, of course, the Ancients were the ones who told the ancient Arabians to use those numerals.
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post

That whole sequence when Mitchell is interviewing candidates was pretty funny.
                                I actually thought it was ridiculous with him looking down his nose at the candidates who all had at least some experience with aliens or traveling to other planets while he himself never got beyond an F302...
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X