Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
    what an odd way to transition bw s8 and s9. From fishing, to being completely disbanded. ... ???
    I dunno, I was just expecting more details to be filled in.
    Me too!! Like what happened to Jack and Sam.
    Also more about Mitchell. I wish they was more backstory about him.

Hopefully TPTB will tell us more in the second part of Avalon.
    "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

I watched this episode on the computer before I went to work.

I love Mitchell lol.

The whole new plot... it's... okay so far. It's been one episode

I watched this episode again (and also watched new BSG and SGA - OMG! ) later with my parents on the tele (don't ask how we got it there ), and I liked it more.

Vala had me laughing more the second time around.

"Yes! I like that! Let's make babies!" Or when Daniel throws the pillow at her.

I may actually like this new direction.

Oh! I especially love it when Teal'c goes and shoots the wall and Mitchell just jumps around. "Bullets... BOUNCE!"

Teal'c smiled!

I actually can't wait until next week

But, Scifi channel sucks. The intro sucks. That's what makes me sad

Oh! And yes, Daniel needs to SHAVE!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
        The thing about this that annoyed me the most was the credits!!! I can't believe they shortened them that much! We don't even get the Stargate theme anymore! When I first started watching Stargate everytime I heard the theme song it got all excited and I would come running to the tv to watch! They've got to give us the longer credits back!!!
        I too am peeved about the no opening theme for both SG1 and Atlantis! I can't believe SciFi is that cheap that they got to gut the opening themes to SG1 and Atlantis for more ads. Okay, then how come BSG got to keep their opening theme?! Huh? That doesn't seem fair. I love BSG, too. But, how come SciFi didn't make them cut down their opening theme, too?
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I'm guessing every conversation he heard since he found out he was going to Atlantis probably filtered through his head as "Blah, blah, blah Atlantis, blah, Atlantis, blah, blah, Atlantis"

lol!

Hmm.. do I have anything constructive to add? I do, two things:

1) I'm waving my hand at it, but Daniel, you trusting fool, why oh why would you approve of Vala to come through the gate? Sheesh. You so deserve the slap bracelet, for that alone

2) I think that we will discover some depth to Vala's character in the next few episodes. The tell for me wasn't the hallway scene as UberSG-1 suggests, but later when they're locked in the room, the genuine hurt behind her "You don't know anything about me" line. Well, let's say, if TPTB don't flesh out Vala's character they will have missed a great opportunity.

Comment

i personally think "LETS MAKE BABIES!" was the best line.

i also agree with avenger, the chemistry is great.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this, because i didnt take time to read each and every post on this thread, but i do believe there was a nod to monty python in this episode. when vala and daniel were walking in that cave in england, vala started talking about a monster that the ancients could've left behind to guard the treasure. since this all has to do with king arthur and merlin, the first thing i thought of was the VORPAL BUNNY!!!!! (you know, from the CAVE OF CAERBANNORG!!!!!)

he's got fangs!!!

behind the rabbit!?
              it IS the rabbit!!!!!

anyone else think of this?
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I did, too, but I'm not quite sure if that was an intentional anything, heh heh. By the way, just a completely random note -- Lionel is my 'nickname' virtually everywhere else on the internet -- MUDs, roleplaying sites, you name it. If it isn't here or Save Farscape or one other place, I'm Lionel.

Then again, that means nothing, because I'm not the true commander of the Pegasus... so ultimately, my making this comment is completely worthless.

Awesome.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
                  I too am peeved about the no opening theme for both SG1 and Atlantis! I can't believe SciFi is that cheap that they got to gut the opening themes to SG1 and Atlantis for more ads. Okay, then how come BSG got to keep their opening theme?! Huh? That doesn't seem fair. I love BSG, too. But, how come SciFi didn't make them cut down their opening theme, too?
                  Actually, from what I saw, they did cut down the BSG theme. Not as much as Atlantis and SG-1, yeah, but it was still cut down.

In Season 1 they had the bit after the main credits there with the fast pace music and the clips from the episode that was on.

They don't have that anymore... I really liked that...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    I watched this episode again (and also watched new BSG and SGA - OMG! ) later with my parents on the tele (don't ask how we got it there ), and I liked it more.
                    Yes, I must admit, on a 2nd viewing I liked the ep more. On the 1st viewing I found it to be campy w/too much humor. After watching it again, I appreciated it more as an entertaining episode that had a purpose. The primary reason for the ep was to introduce Mitchell and endear him to the audience. This was a very important goal for the future of the series and they succeeded. I believe we will get more plot substance later so I will have patience.

Vala may be an acquired taste. I believe tptb plan more depth for the character in future episodes. I will keep an open mind.

Comment

I for one enjoyed this episode. I dis feel it should have been longer when you consider it is alomst as if they are comming back from a several year lay off as opposed to just over the summer. With so much having had changed I think to do it justice you would need more than just 42 minutes to teel the story and really help to get the seasons legs up under it. I for one think the season will gain momentum as it progresses. Once they can flesh out the characters a little more, Vala really comes to mind as a character that needs more depth. But I think once they explain a few things, like exactly why it is Jack isn't there, so far they haven't given on onscreen reason that fits into the storyline, and once we become better aquainted with the characters, then this could be a fun season.
                      Teal'c "I killed you"
                      Daniel "Why?"
                      Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                      Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Teal'c Smiled!!! I loved the way he and BB interacted. That made the whole show for me. Teal'c rocked!! he said Indeed once and he smiled. For some reason I was really into him. It was really good much better than I thought it was going to be. I liked it too when BB said "this is what I'm talking about!" I felt the same way come on lets get the SG story started. Vala was distracting but it's fun to watch her needle Danial to death. I love the way she sets him off balance. Is he gonna hit her or kiss her? It would be great to see him go for the bling bling. The down side is RDA Boo hoo.

Comment

As is almost always the case, I enjoyed the whole show. Hank Landry is a wise-cracking, experienced son of a gun who puts me in mind of Jacob.

Cameron is gonna be okay in my books. I like that there is backstory between him and Sam and quite possibly, Jack as well. Cam was flying a modified death glider so, at the very least, he and Sam (and likely, Jack) developed a friendship during Sam (and Jack's) time coaching the pilots. Maybe as the season progresses we'll see other flashbacks, like one where Cam was present(off-camera) during Sam's attempt at briefing the hot-shot pilots in Fragile Balance.

I liked the backstory parts and the fact that SG-1 took the time to visit the airmen who were injured in the line of duty(and he has a mommy! No daddy? ), but I thought it was kinda wierd that Cam's medal ceremony was being held while he was in a semi-concious state.... Is that... normal? It was, like, "let's pin a medal on this guy before he croaks," or something. I was half expecting a priest to come in after Sam to give him last rites.

I liked seeing Teal'c in his new situation and I think he's quite relieved that he can escape the Jaffa politiking for a little adventure, even if it's not with his old buddy, Jack. And I think his grin in the trap room was a "You remind me of someone," type grin.

Great seeing Sam! Totally unexpected. A real treat! Thank you, PTB.

Vala was a little more OTT this time, compared to PU, but I do like the chemistry between her and Daniel - now, if Vala could just tone it down a notch or three....

The story was... I'm not really sure how I feel about the actual story line. I'll see how it plays out in the weeks ahead.

The ending.... It certainly had enough danger in it, but, I don't know, maybe it was the direction, but I thought it ended abruptly - kinda like the opening credits.....

All in all, I'm happy with the episode. Kudos, and thank you, PTB, cast and crew.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

*ahem*

*shuffles through her unintelligable scrawl on notebook*

Ok! Avalon! We have arrived!! As per what I wrote down whilst watching, the below as you might know, shines some light on my reactions during certain scenes.

" Having weeded through all the boring Mitch flashbacks...."

1. Merlin as an ancient. Hold on...

*steps outside for a moment*

BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                            *gasp*
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

*steps back inside*

2. (during Danny's ramble about The myth of the Knights of the Round table ) So, when does the Lady Of The Lake surge up from her watery abode and point dramatically in the direction of the legendary Fortress of Solitude where her Ancient Kryptonian brethren have somehow managed to survive in crystals waiting for some oblivous SGC official to stumble upon their buried Chapa'ai and rescue the Ancient to end all Ancients, Kal -El. ?

3. NO CARTER!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! (it dawned on me at this point that our dear Tapping would for the remainder of the show be nowhere to be seen)

4. No way I'll confuse Mitchy and Danny. And please, someone shave The Brawny Man.

5. (while they were heading to Avalon or whatever...) Wait - they're not taking the Stargate? They're gonna take that away from me too?? What is it now, a freaking LOGO?!?!? The show is called STARGATE because they go to other PLACES via STARGATE! Not PROMETHEUS!! If it was about going places in a stupid SHIP, the show'd be called PROMETHEUS!! AAAGGGHHH!!

6. I HATE VALA!!! (um ... she did something I disapproved of - and BTW, whose idea was it for her to show up blooping out of her outfit? I mean, if she's going for the alien floozy-ish look, can't she just jump into a vat of black paint and strut around? Oy. )

7. Oh my god, the sword's ALL wrong. (what was with that sword? It's - my god - not even Excalibur! Wasn't anyone paying attention in Camelot?!)

8. Wait - shouldn't the buff person *cough* Teal'c *cough* be pulling the sword out? (Well I think it'd make more sense!)

9. *sings* In Cameloooooooooooooooooooooooot. (when they entered the Oh-so-mysterious red fire chamber. OooooooooooO. )

10. *During Commercial break* I feel a need to say this - I have counted over 15 booze commercials - a whopping 2 in one commercial break. Is this some political subliminal manipulation?? Is SG-1 now pandering to the stay out late and party crowd instead of the crowd that just want's a nice Sci Fi show to watch? What's happening?? What's up with these sponsers?? And by the way, I don't wanna hear about no 'man problems'!! It's only 10 o clock!! The young'un's don't wanna know how the man made his wife so much more happier and pleasant gal by way of a hinky looking blue pill, they wanna see what happens to our intrepid ... uh ... well, the new two and Danny and T! LOSE THE FILTH COMMERCIALS ALREADY!!!!! And Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese stop 'subtly' advertising Bud Light on SG-1. I don't care HOW important beer culture is in Canada, I AM AN ARTIIIST. Do I not deserve to be given the least amount of a nod of sophisticration?!? Advertise Wine Spritzers for cryin' out loud!

11. Oh, gee, where have I seen this before? (ha ha, this was during the the roof coming down scene. Lets's see, one in Relic Hunter, one in Raiders of the Lost Ark, one in - too many shows. *sigh* where has the variety gone.)

Nice touch with T holding up the ceiling.

12. SISSY. (Ah, when Mitchy screamed like a schoolboy when T fired at the wall. Lol. )

13. Duex Idiota. (This when Vala lifted up the bowls (oh, that was bright and humourous) and Danny was sitting there looking like a pissed off deer in the headlights - or should that be pissed off deer looking up at landing airplane carrier... ? )

15. Let's see ... I wonder what happens when I press this symbol... (This when Mitchy was fooling around with the symbols on that thing. Lol!)

17. *GASP* T DOES NOT SAY "FUN"! HE SAYS In a strained, curt tone, "I hope you are being greatly entertained Cameron Mitchell." HELLO!!!!!!!

And that about wraps it up. Where are the cool days when I was left hanging on to the end of the ep breathlessly awaiting the exciting conclusion? I know what's gonna happen. My predictions:

They shall escape the vile chamber by way of some miraculous code the wither Mitchy or Danny figures out - that or they get beamed out at the last second by the Asgard. Then Mithy will find the sword, yadda yadda, fight the holographic Silver Knight, blah blah, catching on? Good.

Update since yesterday: Okay, well, I've thought about it. I KIND of like the Danny Vala interaction, they might have a Jason/Carly thing going on. (GH fans will understand. ) and ... I dunno, maybe....

BUT I WILL NEVER, EVER, TRUST A PSUEDO JACK!!!

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby
                              Mitchell is such a fanboy of SG-1 , but I liked it for the fact he'd built them up in his mind and it appears it kept him alive after the crash. And dude...what a crash!
                              He is a big ole' fanboy ain't he.

I'm sure joining the team was his main motivation while going thru the long, and probably quite painful, physical therapy process. He came a long way from possibly not walking again, to full speed ahead. He must have been majorly stoked when he reported to SGC...his dream about to be a reality, only to have his bubble busted. Bummer...

I'm glad he's coming off as a reluctant leader, with his own doubts about his abilities. In a way, he's proving to himself, and the audience, that he's worthy. I like that.

Teal'c smiled! Always great to see.

Vala's line "You don't know anything about me" tells me there's much more to her than meets the eye. Can't wait to find out more.

I liked Gen Landry's line about finding Mitchell's cryptonite. I wonder what it might be...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                                I never really watched Farscape....but the "limited genetic pool" thing seemed to me more like making fun of the fact that Shanks and Browder look alike.
                                Well, yes, but it's also aimed at Farscape fans who think those two guys look alike and were very excited to see Daniel and Vala together last season

Comment

Working...
                                X