Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this episode was great.
    however I didn't like the fact that they killed off Kawalski.
    AU Kawalski:Why did you bring them ?
    AU Jack: I had a gut feeling
    AU Kawalski: Yeah like Peru?
    AU Jack : That didn't got as planned
    AU Kawalski: aswell as mexico hong kong, korea. Yeah those were really gut feelings
    also the thing about AU Daniel being a gou'ald he should have been one longer then he could have tried to gain control of the ship and he'd have died in the ship.
    If they wanted to they could have destroyed Ra there and then with the puddlejumper but I guess they didn't want to altar the timeline.
    And the kinda scene taken from the movie when all the eqyptians rebel against their god Ra however it wasn't as long or as good as I would actually have liked to see the egyptians truimph over Ra and make Ra leave with ihs tail beween his legs.
    The Apperance of Apophis was good however they should have focused more upon Egypt.
    A good season ending (not as good as lost city) 8.5/10
    Last edited by Metarock Sam; 24 February 2005, 12:26 PM.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Well, let's see..

It started out really cool, parts of it had me smiling; like when they opened the Gate for the first time in the AU timeline and they were palying that familar tune. The movie came to mind, as it was the same music they play when the Gate opens there And probavbly elseware in the series that I've forgotten lol.. I've been watching the movie a lot lately, though.

Also when they go to Chulak, a lot of that was great and yet again I note that Daniel falls victim to the "bad stuff always happens to Daniel" curse heh heh. Having Apophis back was cool, as he was, imho, one of the best villains on the show.

The whole thing was shaping up to have one really epic and interesting climax.. and then it just wasn't there... the episode could've covered the whole thing with the uprising; that's what I really wanted to see.

To that end, it felt kind of... short, like there could've been more. It's like there was no climax.

That's what was dissapointing about it; besides that it was great and I enjoyed it up until the end.

As for it being the would-be series finale; I would've much preferred something like Lost City, with all its epic glory, to Moebius because it felt so lacking in the epic department and there wasn't enough action.

I'm glad they did explain the somewhat confusing timeline stuff that I really didn't quite understand from Part 1, it still seems a bit odd to me but it makes sense.

Oh.. and my biggest nitpick is that Ra's Jaffa should've SO been dressed like they were in the movie.. that would've been bloody cool!

Anyways, it was good overall but the ending was terribly dissapointing, wish we could've witnessed the rebellion

Soo... 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by honzix
        I agree with Madeline that the only time we saw "our" SG-1 was at the end of Moebius 2.

My theory is that the SG-1 that went back in time at the beginning of Moebius 1 was from an alternate universe, which was very similar to ours. In Egypt they screwed things up and created an another alternate timeline, the one with nerdy Sam and Daniel. Those went, again, back in time and found the Daniel from the first reality.Then, together they started the uprising and created our timeline.

So I think that the SG-1 from the end of Moebius is "our SG-1" and the one from the begining is just an another alternate team that just helped to create our own timeline.

does it make any sence?
        the only problem with that is that the fishing scene appeared at the end of threads was different to that of Moebius, so they can't have both been our timeline!
        spook

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          i definitly think its no2. shes wanted to go for age ( wonder why he didnt ask daniel though).
          the whole episode was load better than pt1. but still lacked in action and could have been loads better if the AU bits wernt as long and the rebelion/ egypt was better captured and longer,( just like pt1.)
          i really hope some of the elements hinted at are wrapped up in siege and the first few eps of nxt season.
          Maybe Danny is going as well. He only told Carter to pack since she wanted to study the ZPM instead. Danny would probably have had a lot of free time.

Comment

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but wouldn't it be weird if Teal'c's symbiote in the past somehow found it's way into a host?????

Hmmmmmm.....

Comment

So I liked the Moebius two parter (what a shock there...I don't think I have posted that I hated an episode ever).

The alternate timeline story was interesting although it remains to be seen how close the reality at the end of the show resemble the reality of the canon of the 8 season before the two parter (I doubt TPTB would want to it to be different at all although it does give them a loophole should they choose to exploit it). That would probably be my biggest concern about season 9 that for whatever reason they decided to change the past of the show as we know it.

So I see that some people are a bit disappointed with the lack of action in this episode. I do think that that wasn't much of an issue especially since we had the huge galactic fight in reckoning and threads that anything that they try to do here would most likely pale in comparison (plus the budgetary concerns).

As I mentioned in my post for part 1, the most disappointing thing for me was the lack of screentime for the SG-1 team as we know it. This was of course also true for part 2. However, I think in the long run, I'll like this episode more when I return to watch it.

One little detail that I noticed in part 1 when I rewatch it was the abundance of Canadian flags in the marina where Jack has his boat. I guess Jack could have been in Canada for all we know or the Minnesota marina often has plenty of Canadian boats.

I am optmisitic about season 9. I'll probably chime in on that in another thread.
              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Amazing, is the word I would put this episode under, enough said

On another note, what do you guys think of meh new sig I may start making people these if they want too, but I need to get good ratings first

Comment

I liked it, but as other people have said it would have worked better as a mid-season two parter and reckoning be the season finale. But having said that it was still a great episode

Any scene with AU Carter had me rofling and the vis effects (the few that there were) were good.

With the AU Carter admitting she like Daniel, I remember a web interview that AT did a while ago and she got asked wether she would feel about some Sam/Daniel ship in an AU or something, to which she replied 'Bring it on! He's Cute!' lol, I wonder if that scene in Moebius part 2 had anything to do with that... O.o

Carter Packing just after the ZPM is taken away = Carter in Atlantis??!?!! I can only hope!

Originally posted by alz0rz
                  On another note, what do you guys think of meh new sig
                  Dude, 3mb sig is not cool :|

Comment

This was good, but the ending was way too rushed. I mean all of a sudden, BAM the timeline is fine.

I suspect that they put the camcorder and ZPM somewhere where they knew it would be found (after the Jaffa uprising)...

Did Jack in the past use the ship to put fish in his pond?

Comment

^^^
                      not to mention you really shouldn't put spoilers of VIDEO CLIPS in your sig for those who haven't seen it yet.

Anyways, twas a good episode. My head only *kind* of exploded. I guess this means that there are more than one time machines out there.... for instance, the *end* Sg-1 team still have a time ship that they found in "It's good to be the king" , PLUS they have the timeship left on Earth from the episode. I was kinda thinking that there would only be one timeship and that it would be the only thing consistant from each time alteration, but if that was the case then "it's good to be the king" wouldn't have unfolded like it did, and they would have found the puddle jumper as the AU Sg-1 did....
                      AHHHHH

Anyways, I guess we can assume that the timeline is as it was just prior to the very end of threads.

As for the "you have packing to do"...i'm sure he's just talking about the trip to the cabin. Nothing more, noting less.

The episode it self was good for a standalone episode, however, it could have used a bit more closer. I have no idea what they are going to do next week when they start filming S9 with no Jack or Sam. How are they going to explain that one?

I guess S9 could take place a few months later. In fact, they could just say Sam retired and Jack took a promotion to head Homeworld Security, and that they were together now. It would be a little weird not seeing it all first hand, I'm really hoping they have RDA back for at least a few episodes this season, just for an episode or two so we can all have our jack fill, and so that the first episode of S9 transistions to the new cast well. Anyways, they could have Sam come back into duty (or as a civilian?) becasue of some event that needs her special attention or whatnot, and she can carry on her romance with jack and everyone is happy

Just a thought

Comment

I have only one question is my Jack O'Neill dead, is our SG-1 dead? 'Ours is the only reality that counts' as Teal'c has said and if so why should I care about these people who make up the stargate universe now?
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Carter Packing just after the ZPM is taken away = Carter in Atlantis??!?!! I can only hope!
                          She was packing for the fishing trip.

Questions: What could possably change to put fish in the pond? And wouldnt Jack know if there was fish in the pond beforehand?

They DO still have the timeship right?

Did anyone else find that this was what Children of the Gods would have been if they had a Puddle Jumper with the gate at Giza? (I mean, ESSENTIALLY, not exactly)

Gateship One=Fantastic, but I think Past Daniel should have mentioned it was called a Puddle Jumper, and have Oneill make some remark about how it was much better than Gateship
                          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but just in case:
                            Spoiler:

That was the original plan. In an interview I read recently, Amanda Tapping said that her character was supposed to show up at Atlantis at the beginning of season 2. So I think when this episode was written, the line about her packing referred to her going to Atlantis. Now that Amanda Tapping will be out for the first 5 episodes they had to scrap that plan. They probably left the line in the episode because they can say she was packing for some other destination (like the alpha site) and it will explain her absence in season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by saxamoophone

Anyways, twas a good episode. My head only *kind* of exploded. I guess this means that there are more than one time machines out there.... for instance, the *end* Sg-1 team still have a time ship that they found in "It's good to be the king" , PLUS they have the timeship left on Earth from the episode. I was kinda thinking that there would only be one timeship and that it would be the only thing consistant from each time alteration, but if that was the case then "it's good to be the king" wouldn't have unfolded like it did, and they would have found the puddle jumper as the AU Sg-1 did....
                              AHHHHH
                              Of course there will only be one PJ if the PJ in this eps was destroyed after the rebellion so that it couldn't be discovered by present team. But... is it destroyed?

Comment

what's urking me is that they said once you see what happens at the end of season 8, you will see why they are taking the path they are taking in season 9. I don't know about you, but did you guys see anything that could explain a path they are taking in season 9?

BAA, I was expecting something huge and out of left field to change and make SOMETHING different. Oh well, guess we have to wait until july to find out what, if anything, is different.

Comment

Working...
                                X