No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonder if Daniel will oversee a dig, to find the mummified remains of the AU SG team...

Comment

OK.... at the end of Moebius Pt 2, when Jack took the ZPM away he told Sam he would take it because she had packing to do. ( at the end of threads Sam broke off the marriage to Pete) So does this mean Sam has moved in with Jack, because in the next scene they were sitting in his garden fishing?????

This would explain why Jack is not in Season 9 as he had to leave the air-force to be with Sam, but could still be head of homeworld security, because civilians can do that job.

Comment

I agree with Madeline that the only time we saw "our" SG-1 was at the end of Moebius 2.

My theory is that the SG-1 that went back in time at the beginning of Moebius 1 was from an alternate universe, which was very similar to ours. In Egypt they screwed things up and created an another alternate timeline, the one with nerdy Sam and Daniel. Those went, again, back in time and found the Daniel from the first reality.Then, together they started the uprising and created our timeline.

So I think that the SG-1 from the end of Moebius is "our SG-1" and the one from the begining is just an another alternate team that just helped to create our own timeline.

does it make any sence?

Comment

honzix thats the theory i'm going with as well, so basicly the whole 2 ep's bar the last few min where all AU people that helped to create the timelime we have always known. just because it wasn't the first time line dosn't make it any less real.

time travel in general is meant to give u headacs thats half the fun trying to figure it all out so i would say the writers have done their job in keeping time travel confusing for as geeks who like that kinda stuff

Comment

Damn, so dissapionting. The other seasonfiles were very all good, but this was absolute crap.

Seems like they blew the budget on Reckoning which would make a better finale, keeping everyone in the dark about the whereabouts of Daniel Jackson.

The village looked cheap, Ra wasn't in part 2, only for e few minutes in part 1. Aphophis had the same honor, only a few minutes in part 2. Everything about this episode screamed cheap. And the solution was so rushed.

This was a very dissapointing episode, maing me wonder if having 2 shows is putting a strain on the budget

Comment

I have to agree with you, as a mid-season two-parter it would have been ok. But as a finale, it was a bit of a let down. I agree with you that Reckoning would have made a good finale, and then Threads a good opener for season 9.

Comment

true but thers no reaosn for this not to be in the Mobieous epsiode threads.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Solid episode not brilliant and no where near as good as any seaosn finale yet bar "Out of Mind" it was even worse than "Full Circle" which never has done anything for me either.

It was slow long winded and entirely without any decent action. They've done Foighting Jaff on CHulak much better than that before. In fatc this epsidoe was just a mangled mix of refenrences to CotG, the Movie and SG:A Rising and an unhelath dose of ship shoehorned in where possible.

While I know I was complaining last week anout changes in the timeline for no reason this episode had something worse: Apprently changing something but not really.

Theres no need to say OMG! Teal'c's on Apophisis side! Then have him switch sidea second later. It's silly having AU Sam say she fancies Daniel if in the next scene she tackles Jack slobbering all over him.
                  Last edited by Crazedwraith; 23 February 2005, 05:43 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

FFS

The past was overwritten !

Like Before i Sleep

The end SG1 are teh r34l deal.
                    As are the ATL folk.

No Alternate Universe stuff. This was all in-universe.
                    The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

I wish people would stop condeming this episode because it doesn't fit in with their own personal theories on time travel.

Fact is, no one knows what happens if you travel back in time because no one has done it yet.

I just enjoyed the episode rather than trying to poke holes in the plot by saying 'Oh, that doesn't happen in time travel. They're wrong. They messed it all up!!'.

Yes, there wasn't much action. But it didn't need it. Reckoning had enough for that. The SG1 at the end was the real SG1. Like Daniel said about half way through part 1 'If we bury the ZPM and find it in the future, maybe our future selves wont have to undertake this mission' (Or something along those lines). And that's what happened. Only there was an intermediate stage with the alternate versions.

It was a little rushed though, they said they'd go some place and then BAM! they were there.

Comment

As has been the same for the last leg of episodes. Big story, too little time to do anything with it.
                        The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Originally posted by anielleda
                          OK.... at the end of Moebius Pt 2, when Jack took the ZPM away he told Sam he would take it because she had packing to do. ( at the end of threads Sam broke off the marriage to Pete) So does this mean Sam has moved in with Jack, because in the next scene they were sitting in his garden fishing?????

This would explain why Jack is not in Season 9 as he had to leave the air-force to be with Sam, but could still be head of homeworld security, because civilians can do that job.

It has never explicitly said that they were together at the end. It did not say Jack had retired and it did not say Sam moved in with him.
                          Spoiler:

Sam was either packing for:
                          a) The fishing trip they all went on
                          b) To go to Atlantis on the Daedelus, as they discussed at the start of part 1.

Comment

i definitly think its no2. shes wanted to go for age ( wonder why he didnt ask daniel though).
                            the whole episode was load better than pt1. but still lacked in action and could have been loads better if the AU bits wernt as long and the rebelion/ egypt was better captured and longer,( just like pt1.)
                            i really hope some of the elements hinted at are wrapped up in siege and the first few eps of nxt season.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

OK, so it was a little bit rushed, but it was totally watchable. I try not to get my head around the 'time warp' thang and enjoyed the writers attempt to please the shippers.

The storyline was sped up to the extent that the characters almost ceased to be because of it. For instance, DJ showing no emotion on his first sight of the alt SG1. He may have seen them die what, ?4 yrs earlier, and yet he didn't bat an eyelid. But then, someone will pop up to tell me that the 1st SG1 was the alternate one in the first place, and Aaaaaargh, (holds head) I can't take it anymore.....please no more time tinkering!!!

Hey, makes ya wonder though, is this going to be an overused resource for the writers in S9? - let's hope not. Or if they do, let it be sparingly used.

Not a bad two-parter, since Threads really did round everything off. Well done to TPTB. I'm happy with S8.
                              Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

Before the forum is going down AGAIN I will make sure to post my review...

So this was the season ender? Bleh.

Close, but no fish. Wait, there was fish. And it was just wrong on so many levels.
                                I have to quote Janeway on this one: "Time Travel. It all gives me a headache."

I believe the events unfolded this way: the events of Threads did happen, except for the last scene, which we saw slightly altered at the end of Moebius. In between, Sam tells Dannyboy & Teal'c about the Daedalus, Daniel gets the call about Katherine's death, holds his speech, everyone meets back at the SGC to unpack Katherine's stuff featuring the box with the woodwool, the ZPM and the tape. They (='our' SG-1) figure they don't have to do anything, because the tape confirms there've been no major (detectable) changes to the timeline. Neat.

As for the fish...I'm almost led to believe that Jack made up the fishless pond all the years. But....naawwww. So...close enough?! What else will be 'close enough' for us to find out in s9? I shudder at the thought. Oh well.

All in all, it was okay, but not great. Nice job of wrapping up 8 years plus the movie, good to see some familiar faces (although Apophis was almost..bland and Kawalsky, well, he died again , but yay for Rodney and his non-existant manners...the bad boy grabbed Carter's butt!), interesting trip down comedy lane with AU Sam and Daniel (hideous hair, hideous clothes, hideous glasses, brilliant performances!). The pace of the episodes didn't feel right, but I critisized that already about the SGA finale. Action/non-action bits didn't fit together, some parts were rushed. And where exactly was the great rebellion against Ra? I bet a lot of people would've wanted to see that! Instead we get a bunch of Jaffa surrounded by a lot of Extras in rugs onna dune. Hmpf. Seems like they spent all the money for the Atlantis finale. Which isn't bad either.
                                Also inconsistent: writing for Teal'c (no, I'm not getting used to it!) While I generally love Teal'c's character, he was barely present in the first part and immediately convinced by the videotape 'magic' later. Nevertheless a short but moving speech that tells so much about his whole arc in so little time.

I'm not going to touch the shippy stuff, not even with a long pointy stick.

Oh, one more thing.
                                Daniel's speech at the funeral is an important bit - he speaks about Katherine as someone who "saw the world not for what it was but for what it could be". Ah. So did we in the two-parter. Very clever. He goes on: "And she saw a potential in people that others failed to recognize." This pretty much sums up the struggle of AU Daniel and AU Sam to stay involved in the Stargate project and not just be "the people on the tape".

What is left to say at the end? This was a season finale, next year the SG-1 universe is gonna undergo drastic changes, and I feel like I've been left hanging mid-air. In a strange way. No real closure. This episode didn't leave me confident about next season's enjoyability despite all changes, and that fact speaks volumes about the writing style these days.
                                Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Working...
                                X