No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder about the stories that were tossed in the bin.
    Perhaps they were collected up to be used to complete mission reports..

Comment

I Loved this show! The best part was when Teal'c entered the briefing room and Joe greeted him with the Jaffa arm-shake, 'chel nem rom' or something like that. I watched the part more than 1 time, i couldn't stop laughing! That look on Teal'c 's face!
      The return part II: Sheppard contacts O'Neill from the jumper and tells him their mission isn''t sanctioned by General Landry.
      General Jack o'Neill: "So am i to assume you're not surrounded by heavily armed SG-teams and young strapping marines?"
      Dr. Weir: "You've got Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, McKay, myself and Dr. Beckett."
      Jack: "Oooh, Dr. Beckett is it? Oh i'm comforted!"
      Dr. Beckett: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Comment

Chel Kek, Nem Ron..

Comment

Originally posted by StefanSGA View Post
          I Loved this show! The best part was when Teal'c entered the briefing room and Joe greeted him with the Jaffa arm-shake, 'chel nem rom' or something like that. I watched the part more than 1 time, i couldn't stop laughing! That look on Teal'c 's face!
          Yeah that was good.
          Citizen Joe was the very first episode of Stargate I had ever seen.

Comment

I have to say this is one episode in S8 I really didn't like and haven't been able to watch the repeats
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Jopp View Post
              Yeah that was good.
              Citizen Joe was the very first episode of Stargate I had ever seen.
              It was the first season eight episode I saw

Comment

Loved the Jack in this episode,and for the first time I did not mind it was basically a clip show ( as a rule Dont like them)

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                  Loved the Jack in this episode,and for the first time I did not mind it was basically a clip show ( as a rule Dont like them)
                  This was probably one of the good Jack episodes. (Even though is was about Joe.) And I always liked clip shows for some reason
                  Last edited by General David Niemi; 13 July 2007, 08:10 AM. Reason: Changed live to liked

Comment

I used to not like this episode but I re-watched it recently and I found it to be not that bad at all.

Well except for one thing.... Joe's wife.

I am surprised that no one commented on that woman's attitude which I find very annoying. She is the epitome of what is wrong with marriage in general, a dumb wife with her book club "heart of a woman" trash, constant grating and nagging, and her "you need to seek professional help" talk. Who in their right mind would want to keep such a person as a companion/friend let alone a life-partner. Nothing hinders a man's creativity and limits his potential like a wife of that type, ask Socrates!

If I were Joe I would have kicked her out and divorced her without hesitation.
                    Last edited by OberonSky; 01 August 2007, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Agreed. but one thing i would love to know, is whether they did any clean up after the fact since all their missions were out there for Joe's community to see along with all the 'books' he sent out..

Comment

In fairness...the poor woman was putting up with a lot. Her husband was neglecting all other areas of his life, losing customers, and eventually his whole business, not to mention the respect of everyone around him. And all this because he was obsessing over these stories that he thought he was writing, but was unable to do anything with. I think she was quite reasonable under the circumstances!!

Comment

I think the fact that TPTB actually put Homer Simpson in an episode of SG-1 was funny enough for me. (or at least the actor that plays him)

I liked this episode. It lovingly made fun of all us fans who sit on the edge of our seat waiting to find out what happened to SG-1, who write fanfic, and who like Joe, raced into the street and yelled "NOOOOO" when Daniel died. It was a tongue in cheek tribute to us

It was a clever way of making a clip show.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
                            In fairness...the poor woman was putting up with a lot. Her husband was neglecting all other areas of his life, losing customers, and eventually his whole business, not to mention the respect of everyone around him. And all this because he was obsessing over these stories that he thought he was writing, but was unable to do anything with. I think she was quite reasonable under the circumstances!!
                            Totally agree with you! I love Joe, but I feel so sorry for his wife!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              I think the fact that TPTB actually put Homer Simpson in an episode of SG-1 was funny enough for me. (or at least the actor that plays him)

I liked this episode. It lovingly made fun of all us fans who sit on the edge of our seat waiting to find out what happened to SG-1, who write fanfic, and who like Joe, raced into the street and yelled "NOOOOO" when Daniel died. It was a tongue in cheek tribute to us

It was a clever way of making a clip show.
                              Well said! For me Stargate did the best clip shows and this was the best of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                Well said! For me Stargate did the best clip shows and this was the best of them!
                                I agree- SG-1 did do a couple of decent clip shows- and this is the episode that got me hooked on Stargate! The great thing about this one is that there was actually a very good story behind the clips, which made it fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X