No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really love this episode, even though it's only a clip show. Basically it's the comment from Joe saying, "What's with this whole Pete Shanahan thing?"

Ahahhaha. THat was awesome! And then, of course, Joe agreeing not to say anything about Jack's feelings towards Sam. They are so meant for eachother. I mean, a complete stranger knows that they belong together!

It's just kinda nice to know that TPTB didn't throw out the ship when Sam was still engaged to Petey..
    my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

I've just seen this season 8 episode and there was one moment in it that I thought was spooky. One of the guys in the barber shop made a comment about the Furlings and that they probably look like Ewoks. I have seen the 200th episode yet as I live in the UK but when you see the Furlings on there don't they look like Ewoks?

Comment

You don't see actual Furlings.

Comment

Ooops I was meant to say I haven't seen it yet instead of I have

Comment

It just seems to be a running joke with the writers, whenever the Furlings turn up, they have a character mention how they must be 'furry' or 'cute'.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Hmmm.. I only just saw this last night, and was actually disappointed with it. I'd expected it to be a really, really good, funny episode... But it just didn't work for me.

I think the major thing i didn't like was that pretty much the entire show was just Joes life... I think I was expecting it to cut back to present and go to the SGC much, much sooner than it did. Jow irritated me a bit after a while, so did his wife, so did his obsessions... i duno.
              The other thing I didn't like was, as some people have said, the fact that Jack had been seeing his life for 7 years. No, it isn't plausible to me at all. He MUST'VE seen that Joe was writing and telling everyone about SG-1... I know that Joe didn't know Jack was seeing his life, but SG-1 was all Joes life became, Jack MUST have seen that. Security breach??!!! It's a more severe security breach than Marty. This guy knew EVERYTHING. Surely that was worth mentioning???

Don't get me wrong, there were parts I liked. All the actual SG-1 bits were great (incl the phone convo!! And the gun part, all that.), and I loved that tptb put across fan opinions as though coming from actual 'fans' within the episode. The furling reference was great (200!!), the 'there's not as much character interaction' was great, the thing about some 'episodes' not being as good, Wormhole Xtreme being on tv - all that I LOVED!!

Oh, one more thing - WAAAAY too many clips. I don't think all the clips were necessary. Especially not SO many from the Season 1 finale (sorry, I don't remember the title).

Overall... Nah, didn't like it much.
              Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Yeah I didn't really like this epsisode either. It's actually one of those that I will likely not watch again, unless I'm going through the entire season as I sometimes do. It was too much about Joe, I would have liked more of the others to appear in the ep too. Clipshow eps are not very good most of the time, and this is no exception for me. I think, SGA used a clipshow ep much better with "Letters from Pegasus" in S2. If this ep could have used Joe and more of SG1 I think it could have been something more fun.

Comment

I liked this episode. Stargate does 'clip' shows really well IMO. They sucessfully intergrate clips into a good storyline and I thought this one was pretty original. In fact it didn't feel like a clip show to me.

I can imagine Jack not thinking that Joe's awarness of events was a security risk as he could see no one believed Joe's 'stories'. Watching Joe losing everything as he gets obsessively absorbed in the events of Jack's life drew me into his world and must have been awful for Jack to watch. Joe sharing Jack's devastation at Daniel's death (In Meridian) is one of the most memorable scenes in Stargate for me.

It was a fanciful touch to let Joe and his wife know that it was all real in the end, stretched belief a little too far but I am willing to overlook it as a moment of sheer 'mushyness' that is good for the soul sometimes in our cynical world!

Jack wanted Joe to have his life back and that's the sort of noble act I like Jack for.

Comment

My favorite part in this episode is near the end when Jack admits he's being seeing things too.

O'NEILL: Bowling league, Thursday nights?

JOE: You saw that?!

O'NEILL: You got game, son!

JACKSON: Wait a minute. Jack -- you've been seeing parts of the life of a barber in Indiana for seven years and you never mentioned it?

O'NEILL: Yeah, sure I did. I know I did.

LOL, best part in the episode.

Comment

I kinda have this problem about this episode personally. I have almost the same problem where Joe had the problem. Everyone starts to not care about the Scifi stuff like when you go up to a friend or a someone they don't care about it and don't really talk to you anymore, so should I ask Sen'il in the Gateworld opinion section or get help from a councilor? I really need a reply soon as possible because I'm really depressed about people not liking me.

"Thank You guys"
                      -Kevin Yim

Comment

Noticed another problem with this when I watched it again yesterday... If Joe only got his impressions from SG-1 when Jack was writing his mission reports, then how did he know stuff like his feelings for Sam, or her thing with Pete? Unless there was some connection of thoughts and feelings as well... Or I guess he could've "seen" conversations between them on base and assumed... But if that IS the case, surely Jack MUST have been able to likewise see the effect it was all having on Joe's life, and his family.. And that just makes JAck seem cruel for not doing something about it. There's just way too many holes in this ep!!
                        Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode, jack was great(hiding the fact he was getting someone else's memories) and it was nice to see a simpsons actor after all Jack talks about it
                          sigpic

Comment

This episode made me laugh so much. I think it was there faces when they found out jack had been seeing someone elses memories. Very funny!
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if they send say, the NID into that town to get everyone to sign a NDA, cause of the 'stories' he wrote/told..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                I wonder if they send say, the NID into that town to get everyone to sign a NDA, cause of the 'stories' he wrote/told..
                                I wonder about the stories that were tossed in the bin.

As for the two stones. I wonder if they would work through a quantun mirror. One person with a stone activates the mirror. The other person stays behind with the other stone. Would the stones still transmit?

Comment

Working...
                                X