No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was pretty funny, but it's still kind of lame that they had to do a money-saving episode like this when they had a 20 episode season.

Loved the 'Burns as gua'uld' reference, liked "NOOO! DANIEL'S DEAD!!"

Hopefully Reckoning, Threads, and Moebius will be really good, have some actual good action, and save the season.

Comment

the only things good about this episode are -

1) Joe's acting really wasn't bad at all - I enjoyed HIM, no one else.

2) The direction/cinematography wasn't that bad.

3) The music from past stargate episodes.

I absolutely hate the stargate producers now - anyone catch the little nuances they through in to justify the changes they've made in the last few years? That made me soooooooooooooo mad. They're trying to justify turning a good show bad. Ug - that was pathetic.

I have to rate it bad - that was a cheap shot at people with intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by airdish
        And stargate has jumped the shark. Jack's been seeing things for seven years and doesn't say anything??? and they give no real reason why! this show was hella weak.
        I don't see how one really bad episode jumps up to 'jumping the shark'. Wait for the two two parters coming up to say that.

Though season 8 has been of generally lower quality, I think the new characters will revitalize the show. And they might have some ACTION next season!

Comment

so what happens to joe now? how can he just go back to his life after all this? for one everyone thinks he's crazy, but he knows he's not. maybe he can become the base barber!

Comment

lol Am I really the only one who enjoyed it? Ok, so some parts were kinda corny, but it kept me laughing!

(((<,< >,> they must be reading our posts...their 'fan questions' were just like ours! )))
            Last edited by -Jules-; 18 February 2005, 05:19 PM.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
              lol Am I really the only one who enjoyed it? Ok, so some parts were kinda corny, but it kept me laughing!
              no im with you i enjoyed it

Comment

(((<,< >,> they must be reading our posts...their 'fan questions' were just like ours! )))
                I'm with you -- I laughed throughout and really enjoyed it! I just love it when the writers make fun of themselves and the 'seriousness' of the show.

Comment

Mixed feelings from me too. Parts of it I liked, some parts made me laugh. Oh so true, that line they had the wife say regarding the team interaction not being the same as it use to be… But I don’t know, maybe it’s just me… something about it rubbed me the wrong way, a few parts seemed more than just gentle digs at fans & I’m not sure I liked that. I agree with those that have said that with this being a shorter season, the story arcs and the fans might have been served better with a different type of episode. Oh well… at least there’s a few more eps still remaining for us in the U.S. & from the spoilers it seems like they'll be a bit more like what we are use to seeing…
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Nope, you're not alone. I loved this episode. Best Clip Episode ever.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

One good thing. Carter found her uniform jacket again. I had begun to wonder if she'd just lost it.

Of course, there is a reason for wearing it NOW, but still.

Comment

An interesting episode. I laughed, I cried, I gaped.

Overall, not their best flashback episode, but very well-done. It was interesting to see how they worked Joe's life into the woodwork of Stargate. Also interesting to see the Daniel-wig.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I watched this one twice--I missed a lot the first time around due to kidlet interruptions.

Not bad. It won't be a top ten favorite or anything but I did get some enjoyment out of it.

Some observations...

The clip show features a barber--

The kid must have been older than he looked to start with--run a lawn mower? He looked like he jumped from about 6 to 14 in a couple of years.

The very first mention of CIA person Johnson.

At times, I felt the humor was very close to mockery of the fans, but the actor who played Joe kept it from going completely over the line.

I adore having the whole team together--I wanted more. sigh

I saw a bit of a bump on Amanda.

Daniel's hair in the flashback- He never looked that greasy.

I cringed a bit when it was revealed that Jack was also having visions and had never said anything--too close to Dumb Jack for me.

As a fan of Pete, I feel compelled to add this final point:

Jack in full uniform gave out information regarding national security in a public park full of people.

Jace
                          Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Even if Everyone who watched this episode rated it awful, shippers everywhere are very happy with the infermery scene where Joe tells Jack that he won't tell anyone how he feels about Sam.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

It was entertaining... though I prefer the political clip shows.

Comment

i liked how the writers took pot shots at themselves when joe's wife said "well, i read the light, holiday, and sentinal" and joe was like ok so some of it wasnt the best.

i found that to be HILARIOUS!
                                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Working...
                                X