Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
    what aws the deal about the process instantly killing the symbiote before it releases the toxin? selmak is going to die soon anyway so why not do the process and spare the host? selmak himself would have agreed to that
    i think, b/c selmac was in a coma, it was too late for it to make sure the toxins wouldn't release into jacob's system. but selmac ended up in a coma because he pushed himself to help sg1 and taxed his body beyond itself... so he lost the ability to save jacob not dying with him. i think.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

oh ok

haha this thread is about threads
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Just re-watched this. Looking with hindsight, "Jim" in the ascended diner is rather sinister & creepy.

Of course "flag boy" was good to see again.

I read somewhere that Michael Shanks said that Daniel was suppose to wear the U.S. flag in that scene, but the military davisior objected. However when just before that Amanda Tapping was wrapped in the U.S. flag for a photo shoot, no one objected to that. Double standard anyone?

Comment

I was very disappointed by this episode! Why did they have to kill off Jacob/Selmak? He was probably my favorite good-guy character. That is the first time years that I have cried when someone on a TV show/movie died. Still, it was a decently written episode and at least Sam finally dumped Pete at the end, and there were some nice Sam/Jacob moments, too, before he died.
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            That four years thing really does get my knickers in a twist every time I watch the episode. When Jacob first says it, I end up just quietly going "Six..." but when Sam repeats it, that's it, I just yell, "SIX" at the TV.

It seems like a huge mistake to make.
            Where does it say that one season comprises of one calendar year? Why can't season 3 and 4 happen in 587 days?

Anyway, this was a good episode!

Comment

Seeing Jacob die was sad for me. The Jaffa ceremony for Bra'tac and Teal'c was interesting. It made me happy, and so very proud of them. Tolok is such a kind person.

Pete was a good man, and in my opinion, Sam should have married him, or at least delayed the wedding. Poor Pete.

This episode was a great one. I think it was filled with emotion.
              "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Poor Pete indeed, but Jack was always the guy for Sam. The loss of Jacob was so sad.
                sigpic

Comment

Finally one that doesn't die, and she dumps him, what more could a guy do.

I enjoyed this episode, I rewatched on Netflix which only had the standard 1 hour TV version (43 minutes). Need to find the 65+ minute extended version to watch ...

Comment

this is a great episode. got to love the Astral Diner! if i could, i'd go there everyday and have a cup of coffee and read the Ascended Times

Comment

every time i watch this episode i find myself going "its the waffle house" lol.

i was really sad that jacob dies, and to me it seems like his death is kind of overlooked. all sam does to grieve is not marry pete.
                      sigpic

Comment

Why no audio commentary for this ep? Out of all of season 8, this ep is the one I most want to hear an audio commentary for!
                        sigpic
                        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Now, I admit, i haven't read through this thread much..... but is it just me or did Bra'tec give Daniel a smirk towards the end of the episode...... one that didn't look so... friendly per se... (or i guess a little TOO friendly) especially when you notice the eyes.......

um... yeah.... opinions anyone? I was disturbed and mildly amused at the same time.
                          Last edited by globalastro; 08 December 2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

A pretty good conclusion to reckoning.

So the Jaffa are officially free. Well most of them anyway. It was sad to see Jacob die. It was quite sudden so I'm guessing the actor wanted to move on.

The whole thing with the diner, Oma and Anubis was great. The ascended being all stuck up and ignoring Daniel. Discovering that Oma accidentally helped Anubis ascend. And finding out that only other person talking to Daniel was in fact Anubis.

What happens when Anubis is at the diner? Does he not have control over the body he's in while he's at the diner? Or can he be in 2 places at once? I don't understand how it works.

Anubis got what was coming to him and I think that's the end of him now. At least Daniel didn't stay dead for long this time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jacob dieing was for the same reason Fraiser died last season. As for Anubis his body probably leaves our plane to visit the ascended plane
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Is it only me that finds this episode both good and not good...

It is full of great story threads and great character moments, but they feel just crammed together and rushed. One or two of those threads would have been enough for one episode. Threads like the death of Jacob ends up in the background which is sad. It feels like the authors suddenly decided that all old story arcs should end in this episode.

Perhaps its due to the extensive cutting of the original 90-minutes ep to the standard 40-ish that it feels so rushed, but still a little planning could have strung out the story ends across the season a bit. Speaking of the long version, does anyone know if it is available somewhere?
                                I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
                                -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X