Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou
    Why didn't fat guy Anubis play him through out the entire series??? He was Awesome!!!!! That would have made the confrontation between him and ascended Daniel in 'Full Circle' much much better, lol

I liked this ep, it showed how incredibly ignorant the Ancients are and how incredibly insane Anubis' personality is. Plus, I want Oma to work at the restaurant down the street now.
    That actor was so great as Anubis!!! I loved when he finally revealed that he was Anubis.. the evil laugh was awesome. Too bad this was the last true episode of SG-1.

Comment

i watched this again yesterday on sky one. i love this episode. i loved the jack/sam bits. just a shame that jacob died.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Well, I for one *really* enjoyed this episode. The dumping of Pete was awkward, but I don't quite know how it wasn't going to be awkward. As much as I love Carter and don't want her to suffer, she's just gonna have to feel bad about that whole thing, ya know?

One question - since I'm watching all these episodes on DVD - was this a 90 minute episode?
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Yes it was.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

No, it wasn't. "Threads" is 63 minutes long.

Comment

Sure, but it aired in 90 minutes. That's usually what people mean.

Comment

He mentioned watching the episode on DVD, then asked the episode length. Obviously, he wants the length of the actual episode, not the length of the episode with commercials included.

Comment

loved this episode and it was sad to see Jacob die. Overall it was a great episode is one of many favorite episodes of all time.....

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                  Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                  http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Just upping this tread to point out that I recognised the diner from Dead Like Me. I suppose everyone else noticed this ages ago but I am dead chuffed that I thought it looked familiar so I dug out the ep and it was so! A little bit of research never hurt anyone!

Comment

I think that all they missed out was the cheesy Bavarian yodelling.

I was never entirely sure whether it was the exact same diner (and hadn't made up my mind whether it was a set or a real location), but I was immediately and irresistibly reminded of Dead Like Me when I saw it.

It was also fun to hear Oma Desala speaking that bizarre menu dialect that seems to exist solely in Diners.
                      sigpic

Comment

After extensive viewing I can say that it IS the same diner. In DLM there is a view through the windows that looks realistic but I know how clever those SFX guys and gals are. In SG-1 the blinds are own so you can't see outside.

Comment

I'm upping this thread, too, because I have a question. If this has been answered, I'm sorry, but I haven't the heart to read through 30 pages, so bear with me please. The scene at the end of this is virtually identical to the scene at the end of part II Moebius... could someone have the compassion to explain? In this, no fish, in M ... fish, only difference besides closeups, etc.
                          Thanks.

Comment

I don't really have a theory, but I know some people think it means that at the end of Moebius, things aren't completely back the way they were before they started messing around with timelines.

Comment

Thanks, that makes good enough sense!

Comment

"Just upping this tread to point out that I recognised the diner from Dead Like Me."

Yeah and the reference to the Waffles was an homage to DLM too cause that diner was called Der Wallfe House. Im pretty sure it was a set and not a location shooting.

I do miss Rube and the gang though.

But heres my question. Why the **** wasnt this episode the season finale? It would have been perfect way to cap off RDA era of Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                                X