Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is ashame you did not like it.

Just wondering have you seen every episode leading up to threads?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
      That is ashame you did not like it.

Just wondering have you seen every episode leading up to threads?
      captain jake, could you moderate yourself (I'm wondering what is permitted on this forum, on the ones I know, I think nobody would say "you have not liked this episode? it is a shame"... )? this is just my opinion, please respect it... I don't try to make brainwashing to people who do not share my opinion on episode X or Y of SG1 or SGA, so do not try it with me...

Oh yes I am a big SG1 fan and I have seen all the episodes and I will tell you a big revelation: you do not have the truth (nor I have, but I do not pretend to have...) on sg! I have my sensibility, you have yours, I see the episodes with my sensibility, possibly I will not have the same opinion than you
      Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Lmao ok calm down!

I was just asking if you had seen the episodes leading up to it I was not questioning your ability to judge stargate episodes.

As for the way you have taken my statement out of context that shines poorly on you. (perhaps it was just a typing error)

I was being very polite by simply saying that it is ashame you did not like it. I wasn't saying you are stupid for not liking it I was simply saying I wish you would have liked it. I believe your outburst to be nothing but a misunderstanding and I am sorry for the mix up.
        sigpic

Comment

hey everyone

i liked threads. i think one of the reasons i liked it was cause of jack and sam, but i liked other things too. i think season 8 was a good season for stargate.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

captain jake, you have my apologies... I think I have misunderstood your post, I am not english-native and I think I don't understand the word "ashame". sorry...

But as I told, the episode is not bad, but I am not a shipper and I've found a little demystification of ascension which made me strange (though I understand well that it is aimed ).
            It is a correct episode, though I could have liked it more
            Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Apologie excepted, and I figured it was something like that. (No worries)
              sigpic

Comment

I found Threads boring, dull, annoying, and not worth another look. Daniel in House of Waffles was snooze worthy. And, considering my philosophy that you can never have too much Daniel, that has to say something. And, if they were trying to imply that Daniel had anything to do with Anubis' downfall, even in the smallest measure, it went right over my head. So, it was just a bunch of yap yap yapping, and not even interesting yap yap yapping.

The ship was horrible. Well, it's always horrible, but I hated Sam in this episode.

And, I hated Daniel's descension. I'm sorry, but I don't get a thrill over flags and flag poles. Give me some "Our friend is alive and we're overjoyed and can't help showing it, because we never know when he might just run out of those nine lives, so every time he comes back from the dead, it's a big thing." If I had a choice between a flag draped Daniel and the amount of emotion that was shown in this episode, and some real emotion and Daniel in a freaking burkah, I'd say put him in a burkah.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

We learned alot about ascension in this episode a key component to the show. It was not just yap yap yap it was meaningfull information and a fun scenario.
                  sigpic

Comment

It still bored me to tears. When I wasn't raging at the ship. I don't care about a lesson on ascension. They didn't make it engaging, or suspensful, or humorous, or heartpounding, or sweet, or scary, or anything else. So, if the only purpose was to give a lesson, thanks but no thanks. I'm not in the market for a schoolroom in my Stargate.

And, that ranks as one of the least "fun" episodes I've ever watched.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Are you kidding me it was totaly suspensfull
                      1- we didn't know if daniel was going to be gone for another season.
                      2- The guy was anubis!!
                      3-There was a full on battle against the gou'ald

What else can you ask for?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                        Are you kidding me it was totaly suspensfull
                        1- we didn't know if daniel was going to be gone for another season.
                        2- The guy was anubis!!
                        3-There was a full on battle against the gou'ald

What else can you ask for?

1. Hey, I knew he was going to come back. When someone leaves the show, there are spoilers all over the place. No spoilers about MS leaving, ergo, Daniel was coming back.

2. Anubis was a big pile of dirty laundry. He didn't interest me, and he certainly didn't scare me.
                        3. There was? Must have happened when I was either sleeping or throwing up (ship)

Uh, well, like I said, some emotion from Daniel's friends at the end. No ship (or, I guess that's really less I could ask for, not more). Maybe a goa'uld that I cared a smidgen about might have made it more interesting.

Look, my mind is made up. Threads goes down as one of the dullest episodes ever, in my opinion. If Threads floats your boat, more power to you. If everyone liked the same thing, it would be pretty dull.

Comment

Agreed.

Just wondering what was so bad about the ship?
                          sigpic

Comment

We are talking about the J/S ship here, right? If i went into detail about just how much and why I hate this ship, it would take way too long. There's an anti J/S ship thread somewhere (I was trying to find it so I could provide a link to one of my posts, but I wasn't able to) where I go on about it. But, I hate the ship and any episode that hints at the ship loses a lot of points for me.

Comment

Thats to bad I think it's a critical part of all sci-fi shows.
                              sigpic

Comment

J/S ship is critical to all scifi shows? But, Jack and Sam aren't even in all sci fi shows! What in heaven's name will those other shows do? Is that way Farscape was cancelled? Because it didn't have J/S ship? And, Enterprise, too. Quantum Leap?

Comment

Working...
                                X