Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KABOOM!

These two eps have been the best of S7 and 8 put together by my reckoning(no pun intended!)

Name me a character that wasn't on form?

Very nice work Daniel going one-on-one with Replicarter only to get stabbed in the chest late on!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It's obvious Daniel didn't die, and ascended again. The replicator ship filled with white light just before it exploded. It was kinda subtle, but if you watch it again you will know what I'm talking about.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
        It's obvious Daniel didn't die, and ascended again. The replicator ship filled with white light just before it exploded. It was kinda subtle, but if you watch it again you will know what I'm talking about.
        I didn’t notice that I’l check it out
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

the weapon transmitted through the stargates of the milky way did it also connect to the gates in the asgard galaxy - ida.
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

No, i dont think so, the power requirments to dial one gate in another galaxy is huge, nevermind every gate in another galaxy.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
              I have a little theory on that. I believe in order to change life in the galaxy, or destory one type, another had to be given in its place too. So, Jacob is on his way to the pearly gates - Selmak is only keeping him going until he too will succumb.
              I have a feeling that your theory may be right. That's why I'm really concerned about Jacob. Wonder if we'll find out in Threads?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                What would you call what they did on Apophis's ship in the 'far-out' galaxy just after SG-1 blew up the sun? I mean, they attacked the big ship, they got on board, they disabled the self-destruct, they learned how to adapt the goa'uld ship's engines! This is not sentient behavoir?! They just couldn't communicate in a human-like way, but they were VERY intelligent and not just in a fight-or-flight way, in my opinion.
                I would call that doing what they have evolved to do. The replicator entire existence resolves around adopting/absorbing technology and replicate. The replicators are not sentient in the sense of humans, ghould, asgards, etc are, but they have advantages in other areas.

They are adoptable and intelligent just as a virus can be adoptable and can counter even the most advanced medical technology we have to offer. Except on a scale couple million times better.

The replicators undoudtly can "think" and do many things that no other intelligent creatures can. But that is limited to one very small area of intelligence. They lack the tactic skills and creativity to analysis freeform situation that humans posses. This is why carter was able to outmaneuver replicator bugs many times. (But not the human replicators. The again, the human replicators, being based on human, has human short coming as well, as demonstrated by fifth).

Comment

I still think this whole replicator thing was the lamest thing ever, and has really wrecked SG-1. I mean honestly...nanotech kill machine falls in love with Sam and makes a copy of her. Sounds like something from a really bad teen movie...

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

I’m coming to this thread late ut just wanted to say I thought this was terrific and worthy of being a season finale. And B’AAL ROCKED! Maybe we should have a B’aal thunk thread??!!

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

loved this episode-classic sg1 humour:

Use two of those things...
                      sir?
                      its a 'blast' door.

and the bit where the replicaters stop-thats odd....
                      and they keep shooting!

Although i do think the replicater forces they where fighting where hardly invasion materal.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                        Although i do think the replicater forces they where fighting where hardly invasion materal.
                        Ah, but the beauty of a replicator is that it can... replicate. An invasion force only really needs to consist of a single replicator. Using more would ensure a faster outcome, that's all.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

i dont mean that, aload came through the gate but when the sg personal where defendin the gateroom and tyler it hardly seemed like many where coming to get em despite the big pile of blocks!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Okay, this might have been pointed out somewhere back within the depths (pages) of this thread, but I'm just... well, honestly, I'm lazy...

I noticed in the SGC when they were all shooting the Replicators they reused a scene from Menace. They're shooting the Replicators and you can clearly see Teal'c with no hair in the crowd shooting the Replicators with a big gun.

I'm looking for a exact time right now...

At about 33:33 (without commercials).

And also a couple other times throughout the episode there are little reused scenes... But that one was a big one because you could see Teal'c when he's got hair and on that ship over that planet...

And also, when they had all the stargates dialling, they just reused scenes there too. The purple planet from Forever In A Day, and many more lol...

Well, it's cheaper to do that then to make up a bunch of new scenes...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Just had look it does look as if it is Teal'c.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                                Just had look it does look as if it is Teal'c.
                                It is Teal'c! It's a clip from Menace!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X