No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way better than the first part. I loved the replicaters coming through the Gate. I missed the whole team being together, but I understand the separate storylines.

I enjoyed Snarky Selmak. "Would you like to try it?"

The whole thing Siler telling Jack he was already in his will. LOL!

I wasn't prepared for what happened to Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sha're
      What else can I say about this episode?
      It was superb.....action, suspense, humour and a few twists thrown in for good measure. I'm in two minds about the demise of the replicators. They have been in some of the best SG1 eps ever, but I will agree that maybe its best to finish them now before they become boring. But I'll miss them (Of course - are they really all gone?)
      Poor Daniel....... how many times now has he - died, been at death's door or (and this always makes me smile) been shot with a zat? Am looking forward to Threads and avoiding spoilers at all costs. When the Replicator ship disintigrated - did anyone else notice Daniel being beamed away or was I seeing things?
      Yep Baal is now my favourite Goa'uld, you know he's mean as hell and yet he's still .... nice!!
      Roll on next Tuesday and please let it be goooood
      Yah, yah, yah! I saw that little light flare in the middle of the disintigrating replicator ship as well. Thought I might have imagined it. Either Oma or Thor, I guess. Can't wait 'till next week................

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
        I noticed that the ancient device that Carter and Selmak were pottering around with was the same doo hickey that the guy in the Fruit Loops episode was using to turn back time.
        Fruit Loops episode! (laughs herself silly)...oh I love that.
        That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

Did anyone notice that the replicators seemed to speed up after Daniel froze them?
          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
            Did anyone notice that the replicators seemed to speed up after Daniel froze them?
            yes

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
              Yea i agree with you on it being a whole new show. Everything from SG-1 is over or changed. Theres new charchters, new foes: the replicators are done for good and the Goa'uld are no longer a threat with half of Ba'al's fleet destroyed and the Jaffa rebellion almost complete. Thats another thing the Jaffa rebellion can no longer be fit in as a story. They have taken their freedom and most Jaffa are taking their freedom after Ba'al was defeated and fled. I think they should have just ended the series here.
              Tsk tsk! Ba'al did not flee. People who flee don't sit there laughing and then just disappear. He escaped and he laughed at them as he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                Yes. In fact, my sister and I were joking around for a little bit about how the Replicators achieved "warp speed". lol.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I hope Jacob is okay. He didn't look too hot after that weapon went off. At first I thought it might of been a reaction from his symbiote but then Baal and all the Jaffa seemed fine. They didn't mention him at the end so I don't really know what that whole thing with him was about. I really hope he's okay.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

One of the main reasons I enjoyed this episode was it was non-stop drama. It was edited together like an episode of Keiffer Sutherlands "24". How they have 3 different things going on with drama that all tie together and they flip flop between them during the episode to increase the drama. Both Part 1 & 2 had me on the edge of my seat. So many themes coming to a solution. This episode answered so many questions for me.

1) Were the replicators ever going to be stopped?
                    2) Where the Jaffa ever going to get their freedom?
                    3) Was Daniel Jackson ever going to learn how to ascend again?

The entire Daniel Jackson 2nd ascension has me excited. He basically used Replicarter to help him access memories he tried so hard to recall. Once he learned how to use those memories he knew that he would not die, but ascend if Replicarter tried to kill him. He also was able to feel that he needed to buy more time for Jacob/Carter to reprogram the weapon to use against the replicators. So in theory he used the replicators faults to gain knowledge of the ascended/ancients and used it to help his friends and save his own life.

Comment

Howdy Campers!

So, Reckoning Part 2 -- thought it rocked. I don't think I can say anything bad about it -- something I'm proud to be saying after some of the other shows this season!

* The CGI graphics were great. Yes, you could tell the Dakara set was inside BUT it looked very cool and once the camera panned back enough, it's easy to forget it's not real

* All of the stories were linked well -- everyone had their own goals to work on, but ultimately they were all trying to achieve the same thing

* Seeing Sam and her dad working side by side is nice. I know they have before but this time they seemed to really be enjoying each other's company -- the usual tension that's between them just wasn't there

* So they reused a prop? Big deal. It was a from a great episode anyway. Besides, you've seen one Ancient *coffee* table, you've seen them all, right?

* The fight at the SGC was beautiful. All the firepower, the explosions, the grenades -- looked like they had fun shooting it. Although seeing Siler with a gun was kinda creepy...

* Was it just me, or did Siler get a load of "bum time" in this show??

* I have to say that this one of the first times this season I've seen the old spark back in Mr. Anderson's eyes. It was great seeing him doing what he does best -- action. He just seemed happier and more *up* than in previous shows. Maybe it was just the fact he got to fire his gun, blow up a few things, and say "aw, crap" a few times

Yep -- Reckoning Part 2 was defiantly good. I do have to wonder though: who's the poor sap that has to clean up all those blanks and little bits of Replicators?
                      Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Very nice episode. Several things I've felt have been lacking this season were finally here, and I thought the writers did a nice job of beginning the transition of SG-1 into new territory.

Nitpicks first: The jaffa rebellion is getting old, especially the Goa'uld almost gone. I like Teal'c and Bratac, please give them something cooler to do. But that's about it.

It was nice to finally see that great balance of hilarious humor with big-time action back in the show. Everyone had something important to do this ep, and it felt very cohesive (even though they were all separate). It was nice to see Sam working with Jacob, and I reiterate what I said in Reckoning 1: I've missed him! As was posted above, it felt like Jack was at his best, and RDA seemed to be enjoying himself again. He balanced General Jack with Soldier Jack very well instead of the lost and baffled state he's been in most of the season. And of course, Daniel kicked a**. First taunting RepliCarter and then "Danny's World" comment had me cheering at the screen.

And the humor was spot on. The "you blow up one sun" comment was great, as was the moment when the replicators froze and Jack said "That's odd."....*Resume shooting* And the question that is knawing at me: Just what has Siler left Jack in his will?
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac
                          Yah, yah, yah! I saw that little light flare in the middle of the disintigrating replicator ship as well. Thought I might have imagined it. Either Oma or Thor, I guess. Can't wait 'till next week................
                          You guys are good -- I guess I wasn't watching closely enough because I missed that "flash" completely! Now I will have to go back and rewatch the ep just for that......thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                            Yes. In fact, my sister and I were joking around for a little bit about how the Replicators achieved "warp speed". lol.

I wonder why they suddenly sped up. Was it Thor that said that the replicators don't care about time?
                            Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I think this ep finally answered the ship question: forget Sam and Jack. It's so obviously Jack and Siler! He races back to save his cuddly sergeant, despite the fact that he could get nuked for it. How much more can you care for someone?

Not to mention that he was going to leave all his Simpson tapes to his Significant Sergeant. (And Siler lets it slip that Jack's in his will. Of course, in front of Reynolds, Jack would have to pretend he didn't know!).

The blinders are off at last.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                                I think this ep finally answered the ship question: forget Sam and Jack. It's so obviously Jack and Siler! He races back to save his cuddly sergeant, despite the fact that he could get nuked for it. How much more can you care for someone?

Not to mention that he was going to leave all his Simpson tapes to his Significant Sergeant. (And Siler lets it slip that Jack's in his will. Of course, in front of Reynolds, Jack would have to pretend he didn't know!).

The blinders are off at last.

J.
                                It was mentioned in Part I that Baal should change his strategy because if you aggressive with the Replicators they will be aggressive with you. The reason they were moving so fast is becaues of the Goua'ld battles with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X