No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole thing had a real movie feel that I don't think I have ever had with a TV show. It was great! If this had been the finally I would of been totally okay with it. Except for Daniel dying of course.

Did anyone else think that Ancient weapon looked remarkably like the time loop machine in WoO?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Just like it.

I didn't notice the ROTK correlation...dang, I feel like such a bad LOTR fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
        SciFiGeek, I think its best to look at s9 as a whole new series that ripped off the SG-1 sets, props, costumes, and most of the actors.

Otherwise its Farscape (and from what Ive read of s9, I'd say that even if Browder and Black werent in it)

So, no need to almost wish they werent doing a s9, because they sort of arent!
        But that's basically my complaint--it's a whole new show. I love these episodes so much, they would make such a beautiful end to the series, and it makes me kind of depressed that it isn't. If they were doing it as another spinoff of sorts, I would be okay with it. Or if they had decided to have a huge changeover (particularly in the villains and so many of the character and story arcs) then I think it would've been better done around 3rd of 4th season, in the middle of the series. But this is at the tail end, when the show's going to last 1, maybe 2 more years. To me, it feels just too painful with them dragging it out past its due.

I wouldn't rule out that possibility, actually. After all, those are some of the same claims that could've been made about "Lost City" or even "Full Circle", and yet these episodes came along to blow those out of the water, so it very well may be possible for them to still have episodes that are even better, and I certainly hope such episodes will exist next season.
        I would agree with you about that, except that over the course of the last few episodes, and most especially these episodes, they have managed to wrap up pretty much everything. Minor characters such as Kinsey and Maybourne, to larger plots and characters such as the Jaffa Rebellion, the Replicator threat...and Daniel's Ascencion next week. There's nothing left to continue on--everything from here on out will be, as stated, like a brand new series.

Anyway, I should probably try to keep to this to the Anti-Season 9 thread. Back on topic, I watched the episode a second time, and, as stated by some in earlier posts in the thread, it really is true that it works so well with all the team working together, despite the fact that they were all apart. I love this episode so much, I wish Damian Kindler would write and Peter DeLuise would direct all of the episodes.
        Metroids are not pets
        Metroids are not for target practice
        Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

OK i have one word to describe this ep: AWESOME. This is defintly the best ep in S8 so far. I just wonder why the others eps in this season couldn't be as good or almost as good.

My favorite part in this ep and maybe my favorite part in the season is when Daniel took control and tricked RepliCarter. I knew he couldn't be as naive as he was acting. I was real sad he supposedly died. I guess we don't get to see his true fate till Threads. Dang cliff hangers. I've heard Moebius is even better then Reckoning and if thats true i can't wait till Moebius.

Originally posted by kashi
          It's obvious Daniel didn't die, and ascended again. The replicator ship filled with white light just before it exploded. It was kinda subtle, but if you watch it again you will know what I'm talking about.
          Yea i saw that too.

Comment

Anybody else think Daniel has some unfinished business to take care of with Anubis? Great episode.

Comment

My favorite part is where Daniel to replicarter that she was lying about not sending repicators to earth. I think she was kind of surprised that Daniel was able to get into her mind while she was in his. I also believe with trainning, Daniel could control them by thought as he did to pause them to Carter and Jacob/Selmak more time.

Comment

Ok, first off, sorry if I'm repeating anything others have said.

Next, I thought this was a great episode!! Back to action and suspense. If had me sitting on the edge of my seat there at the end.

Ba'al. What can I say about Ba'al? He was great. It looks like he's come to some realization that we are his 'equal', in a sense. He's still arrogant, but is willing to work with his enemy for the common good of both sides. He really hates being under Anubis. I have this feeling that if Anubis is actually defeated, we won't have much to worry about with the Goa'uld. The Jaffa are gaining thier freedom. Ba'al will still have power, but won't try to conquer us anymore.

Good to see some Action Jack. But you can tell, it's not the same action Jack as it was a season or two ago.

Sam and Jacob/Selmak. Not too bad. Good banter with Ba'al, but I just think something was a little missing. I just didn't feel the urgency of the situation.

Finally, Daniel. WooHoo, that was awesome!!! I loved how he fought back and was able to use his power against RepliCarter. I just can't find the words to describe the feeling I got watching him. It was great!!!!
                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                  Anybody else think Daniel has some unfinished business to take care of with Anubis? Great episode.
                  All of that gets taken care of in Threads, from what I’m hearing. It’s not actually Daniel that goes up against Anubis but I won’t spoil it for you here.
                  That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

I think we need to take season 9 as a whole new show, especially since it seems that Daniel Jackson, Teal’c, and Sam Carter appear to be the only original characters going to remain. It’s such a drastic shift of people that it almost can’t be called Stargate SG-1 anymore. Half of me is so pleased with the last few episodes of season 8 that I wish this would be the show finale but the other half wants to know what they will come up with in season 9. Some of us might be totally turned off by it while others may love the new stuff.

What I want to see is more of Ba’al. He was perfect in this episode. Besides being one of the best-looking System Lords, his character has a certain balance between being menacing and being humorous. I like him the best.

Yes, that was the control panel from Window of Opportunity but we must remember that both the time thingy and the weapon thingy were built by the Ancients and thus it makes sense that the control panels would look and work the same.

Yes, Daniel did rock.
                    That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

I think one of the best parts was after Jack blew the blast door and siler gets out from behind the desk and sees the huge chunk of shrapnel stuck in the desk right in front of him.
                      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by Reona
                        I think we need to take season 9 as a whole new show, especially since it seems that Daniel Jackson, Teal’c, and Sam Carter appear to be the only original characters going to remain. It’s such a drastic shift of people that it almost can’t be called Stargate SG-1 anymore. Half of me is so pleased with the last few episodes of season 8 that I wish this would be the show finale but the other half wants to know what they will come up with in season 9. Some of us might be totally turned off by it while others may love the new stuff.

What I want to see is more of Ba’al. He was perfect in this episode. Besides being one of the best-looking System Lords, his character has a certain balance between being menacing and being humorous. I like him the best.

Yes, that was the control panel from Window of Opportunity but we must remember that both the time thingy and the weapon thingy were built by the Ancients and thus it makes sense that the control panels would look and work the same.

Yes, Daniel did rock.
                        Yea i agree with you on it being a whole new show. Everything from SG-1 is over or changed. Theres new charchters, new foes: the replicators are done for good and the Goa'uld are no longer a threat with half of Ba'al's fleet destroyed and the Jaffa rebellion almost complete. Thats another thing the Jaffa rebellion can no longer be fit in as a story. They have taken their freedom and most Jaffa are taking their freedom after Ba'al was defeated and fled. I think they should have just ended the series here.

Comment

There is only one thing to be said about this 2 parter.

BEST..EPISODE..EVER
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

This was a good ep. Not quite the bang i was hoping for, but the activation and subsequential creaming of the replicators was ... SMASHING. The Daniel/Replicarter faceoff was very nice, though a few of danny boy's expression made me crack a few snickers. (I could still smack Replicarter across the Galaxy, BTW.) I noticed that the ancient device that Carter and Selmak were pottering around with was the same doo hickey that the guy in the Fruit Loops episode was using to turn back time. I suppose that will set up the time thing in the season finale?

This was a pretty good one, the ending was a tad hollow, but I'm satisfied. Nice job, PTB.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I liked this one a lot. Not as good as "Lost City", but a lot better than the rest of the dreck we've had this season. I really can't find anything wrong with either "Reckoning". Well, there is one thing. Daniel had the most bizarre look on his face when he walked forward after RepliCarter ended their mental time. Then I started cracking up when RepliCarter stabbed him because he was totally making the constipation face.

As for all the season 9 stuff, I'm personally looking forward to it a lot. It's really not as bad as some people are making it out to be cast-wise: aside from gaining a few new cast members, all we're losing is RDA. And with his miniscule amount of screen time combined with his sleepwalking, I'm not exactly upset over it. I'll miss the character, but it's not going to make me stop watching SG-1. Shanks, Judge and Tapping are still going to be on. Not to mention the awesomness that is Gary Jones. And TPTB perfectly set-up Kinsey and Ba'al as recurring characters for season 9. I honestly don't think there's going to be that big of a change in season 9.
                              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

amazing ep, with a lot of great little scenes. for example, how the replicators froze and jack just shrugs and keeps shooting. also, using 2 C4 charges on the door, "Its a blast door".

loved the part when the replicators froze in the temple, and u see one in the back just fall off the wall very funny in all i thought this was a great ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X