No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well this was one hell of an episodes, it was great seeing anubis and the revelation about him being in control of bool all the time, but it did piss me off with Yu biting the dust, especially in such a lame way.

I was pissed about not seeing a space battle between the replicator ship and the goa'uld and not seeing on the battles on the planet, holding out on us, shame on them.

It was full of classic jack humour and when Walter was talking to Bo'ol priceless, and the score was excellent especially the track for the replicator ship!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I wanna see the Kull warriors Battle it out with the replicators

As it says the Kull are bettin beaten, but is it Hand to Hand (In Ship?) or Ship Vs Ship?
      I Have Information...

Comment

OYE! Yes-- Jacob. Thank you <G> I knew that, my fingers were apparently going off on a tangent somehow!
        Dana Jeanne
        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
          Hmm. I think I'm in a minority here when I say, this episode was a little bland for me. It was obviously a big set up for part II, but I didn't like the way Jack was written from start to finish. Jack became my favourite character for his snarky humour, but the constant stream of one liners is actually starting to grate a little ( )
          I
          I think you and I must have been watching a different episode to the rest of the forum. Jack was far to glib and what has happened to his compassion? "when is Daniel" "taken by the Replicators", "oh, OK" end of story. What! When did he stop caring for people under his command?

As for the rest of it. I think I am going to treat from the Reckoning though to Mobius II as a serial and watch them together. That way I think I will enjoy them more.

Carole
          Carole

"Come on Daniel, you've seen me naked, the least you can do is cook me dinner" - Vala - Prometheus Unbound.

Comment

WOW
            what an excellent episode. Replicarter is just so evil. Baal in the service of anubis surprised me big time, although i think Baal will betray him eventually. The opener of Replicarter being "Captured" and then killing Goa'uld is something i really hoped they would do. Excellent on all fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              Initially, this did make me wonder too. When he did it in Zero Hour. But I think I can see where he's coming from. The best way to deflate the bogeyman, make him impotent, unable to have any power over you, is to laugh at him. Show him you have no respect for him and don't care what he does, says or thinks.

I think the fact that Jack deals in this way with Ba'al, rather than using anger or aggression, shows just how deeply scarred he was by Ba'al and his torture. And how much of Jack's personal bogeyman Ba'al has become. That he feels the need to reduce Ba'al's power over him by showing him he's nothing but a joke to him. That he can't take him seriously at all. So in the end, for me, Jack's reactions to Ba'al gives me even more of a sense of how badly damaged Jack was by his experiences in Abyss and is much more of a poignant reaction than anger would be.

Ba'al: You cannot be serious
              Jack: Yes, I can. I just don't choose to be. Some of the time.

Albion

ITA. This is the way I feel about it as well. Ba'al has to loom large in Jack's psyche, and he is doing everything he can to diminish the spectre. In addition, we know that Jack typically denies that he has a problem with something and tends to push it away; his behavior is also partly that, IMO.

Plus, I think that Jack is afraid to give full range to his fury at Ba'al. I have to believe that it is as much beyond "angry" as a nuke is beyond a firecracker. I suspect that if he ever let it out, there would be no controlling it.

J.
              Last edited by DarkQuee1; 26 January 2005, 01:31 PM. Reason: Because sentences need verbs
              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Yes excellent episode. Poor Yu though - I liked him And Baal - the more of him we see the better! So many foes, how's it all gonna come to a head......
                Can't wait for next week

Comment

Maybe somebody can explain this to me...as I'm a little lost! The Ancient superweapon can destroy all life in the galaxy, who knows what it's true purpose is, but it can destroy all life in the galaxy nonetheless. So how can it destroy the Replicators? They are machines, and the human ones are nano-machines?

If they stated it, I'd love to hear it. Also if anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear those as well. I personally just can't think of a good reason as to why it would affect machines and life at the same time. Though for some reason it wouldn't affect those that are ascended...

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    Maybe somebody can explain this to me...as I'm a little lost! The Ancient superweapon can destroy all life in the galaxy, who knows what it's true purpose is, but it can destroy all life in the galaxy nonetheless. So how can it destroy the Replicators? They are machines, and the human ones are nano-machines?

If they stated it, I'd love to hear it. Also if anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear those as well. I personally just can't think of a good reason as to why it would affect machines and life at the same time. Though for some reason it wouldn't affect those that are ascended...

Ace
                    You could always wait until next week to find out

Comment

I agree with the notion that Jack laughs at Ba'al because it's his only defence against him. Jack suffered quite a lot at Ba'al's hands, and there's no way that he's just "gotten over that".

BYE
                      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by Ace

Ace
                        I imagine its either a gigantic ZPM bomb or some sort of energy weapon ala Halo, only tuneable==hit one switch, you destoy all organic life, hit another one, you destroy all electronic life, hit the third (from the spoilers for Threads anyway) life is recreated.......hit the fourth and you make a nice, big bowl of popcorn
                        sigpic
                        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Holy crap, what an episode!

The end foreshadowed the events of the next episode so well. I love how everyone will meet up--the Jaffa Resistance, Goa'uld, and now the Replicators.

It's going to be a great episode, the 2nd part.
                          Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

OK...

1. It didn't take me long to work out that it was Replicarter at the System Lord meet but I didn't expect her to take out Yu!

2. TPTB managed to avoid the trap that I wasn't dead cert they weren't going to fall into. Namely: 'Why the hell should the SGC take sides in a Goa'uld vs Replicator war?' With the 'good guys' splitting forces like they did, that's a writing bullet dodged. Nice work guys.

3. Cool to see Jacob back and interesting to see that he's now semi-rogue and like Jack I'm not going to complain.

4. Smooth work by the Jaffa to take Takana - I just hope they brought beer and pizza for the blatently upcoming rumble over that planet - I suspect Ba'al's forces will soon have their hands full with the Reps so that they won't be worried about the Jaffa - Takana will probably be theirs for the forseeable future!

5. I was surprised that Ba'al was working for Anubis but my eyebrows hit the ceiling when Daniel came up with the solution to the 'candlelight has fire' riddle - outsmarting fake-Oma in the process. Nice one Dannyboy!

6. "Don't tell me" "Anubis" "I said DON'T tell me"

Overall, this ep dropped da bomb!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I haven't read the other replies. But I just wanted to post as soon as I finished watching. This episode conveyed the chaos quite well. We have all known active factions appearing in the episode. The Gould, Tokra, Jaffa resistance, replicators, Asgard & Anubis making appearances with the focal point being how to stop the replicators.

Although it's interesting how the Gould assigned the replicator name to their enemy so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                                Plus, I think that Jack is afraid to give full range to his fury at Ba'al. I have to believe that it is as much beyond "angry" as a nuke is beyond a firecracker. I suspect that if he ever let it out, there would be no controlling it.
                                How would it benefit Jack for him to get all mad and emotional when confronting Baal? Who was it that said, "revenge is a dish best served cold"?
                                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                                X