No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Reckoning, Pt 1 can be saved if two things happen.

1) We DON'T have to sit through the replicators being the main enemy next season (The replicators get old faster than the borg)

2) We get a *real* ending and not one of the quick-fix ending we've been getting lately like in It's Good To Be King.

Comment

its a two part ep and this is one the first and were did you hear the replicators were going to be the new enenmy i am 80% sure that they are not but i could be worng

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
        I think Reckoning, Pt 1 can be saved if two things happen.

1) We DON'T have to sit through the replicators being the main enemy next season (The replicators get old faster than the borg)

2) We get a *real* ending and not one of the quick-fix ending we've been getting lately like in It's Good To Be King.
        I got pretty good vibes from this one. And while I do think the Replicators get tired faster than the Borg (that's really because the Borg are a little more complex and human than the Replicators) I think that this one might just end with a cool bang the way they've set it up. We know a battle's coming, and there's kind of a race to see who gets the Ancient weapon first. The fate of the Galaxy's at stake here! It's Tauri to the challenge!

Heh, but I don't think it needs saving, Part 1, pretty good, kept me interested, Part 2, everything's resting on it to see we get to the finish. I do hope it will be a real ending. It looks that way, anyway ...
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

It seemed possible that the replicators were going to be bigger in season nine, and replace the gu'ald. I'm really hoping that's not the case.

But it's gotten more and more annoying to me that we haven't had real tactical solutions this season. Like It's Good To Be King, there was no suspense because you knew all they had to do to win was activate the time machine and if they did that they'd win immediately, and it was obvious they'd just get it done 'right at the last second' (TM).

I didn't like Reckoning Pt 1 simply because it was not character driven, and because nothing that wasn't predictable happened. Like, for the whole hour, things happened 'because the producers say they do', and there was no real process of discovery or investigation.

I am *praying* they finally get rid of the replicators here.

Comment

I liked it. There haven't been many episodes this season, or of late, that deal with the bigger plotline. It's nice to be introduced to Pete and his stalkerish ways and be entertained by a barber from Indiana and all, but I want to know what the Goa'uld are doing. And this episode provided that. And hey...THEY REMEMBERED THAT DANIEL WAS AN ANCIENT! Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              Heh, but I don't think it needs saving, Part 1, pretty good, kept me interested, Part 2, everything's resting on it to see we get to the finish. I do hope it will be a real ending. It looks that way, anyway ...
              To be honest (and I hope this isn't spoiling anything), it's actually a 3-parter.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

No kidding? Hmm, what takes so long they have to trilogize it?
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I find it to be really inconsistant if Rep Sam could dig the ancient knowledge out of Daniel's brain, and use it, without the ascendeds stopping it.

I don't see any difference between Daniel using his powers to stop Anubis from destroying Abydos, and the replicators using ancient knowledge gathered from Daniel to take over the galaxy. (And if that IS the case, Rep Sam would know that)
                  Um... the Others have no problem w/ Anubis taking advantage of his ancient knowledge.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

No kidding? Hmm, what takes so long they have to trilogize it?
                    There's a lot that is happening in this overall tale.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Sounds cool. Tell me, Lot's of explosions, yes?
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

This episode has to be the most dissapointing episode of Stargate ever.

I don't like what Stargate is turning into. It used to be about the people...the characters, how the situations are explored and exploited through the characters, and the tactics used to overcome obstacles, via the characters.

Now it's just like all other scifi...you win when you come upon the next magical solution that trumps the enemy's latest magical solution.

Looking now more than ever that SG1 is passing the torch to Atlantis.

And if the replicators become the main enemy instead of the gu'ald, it'll be like that in season nine no matter how good or bad the new characters are. You don't beat the replicators by manipulating them or outsmarting them, you do it by finding the next piece of technology. Hopefully Reckoning, pt 2 will have a clever, character-oriented solution, and save the series. If not...Lost City should have been the finale.
                        Hmm... it seemed to me Daniel had a good character moment in there where he outsmarted Repli-Carter. I thought you said you couldn't outsmart them.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Sounds cool. Tell me, Lot's of explosions, yes?
                          From what I've heard, of course, and some excellent character moments ahead as well. Best of both worlds.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Sweet. And, Of course, I'm always happy to see good 'ol Thor of the Flat Grey Butts.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Oh, and in regards to the explosions question (and not to spoil things too much w/ the context ), I hear that
                              Spoiler:
                              part 2 has what one could claim is the biggest explosion in the entire history of the show!
                              Bring on part 2!

-Bloodaxe

Comment

I think this was a great ep, and has a unique 'Blockbuster' quality that I feel is uniquely SG-1's, going all the way back to the season 6 premiere on Scifi. Just like in 'New Order' as well, you have all these great set pieces, all the major players, great individual scenes for each cast member.

However unlike 'New Order' I felt that 'Reckoning, Part I' itself seemed somewhat condensed. The battle for Takara, the Replicators' taking over the galaxy, it all could have been shown out longer. But the episode crammed in tons already, and moved along quickly...so it's great. Unlike later seasons of Star Trek where there were filler episodes in between the big two-parters, I think that SG-1 has great 'blockbuster' eps and excellent, more subtle yet no less significant standalone eps in between.

But one thing...Yu's death was pretty sudden, and a bit short...I'd like to see a more drawn-out ending...and his 'First Prime' did they bring the actor back for that brief appearance? And Oma? Lots of guest actor $$$.

And Repli-Carter---who what a great role for Amanda Tapping!!! I think she's really taken to her alter ego with zest...makes me think of Bewitched where in the later seasons, Samantha the main character got a 'bad' cousin who looked like her but with different color hair and clothes, 'Serena' played by the same actress.

I loved the shades of Star Wars ROTJ, it was all larger than life, and for once a superweapon to 'destroy the universe' that doesn't seem to contrived or hokey but in this universe makes serious sense!

SG-1 is still going strong, and this episode leaves me excited for next week!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X