Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack.

Does no one understand the major reason WHY Jack acts the way he does with Baal?????

Not only is it his defense mechanism to deal with the past, but it's a tool that GENERAL O'Neill is using in negotiations with a former captor, to remind said former captor is an equal in the conversation. If Baal feels irritation at the snarkiness, then it puts him a bit off balance and reminds him that O'Neill has power and can affect him, and is NOT merely an ex-prisoner that somehow, through circumstance, can play act as an equal to a System Lord.

Granted, this is by no means the best way to act, but there >IS< a method to the madness here.

Comment

I truly enjoyed this episode. I can't wait for part 2. I loved how Jack had fun with baiting Baal and made him wait until he finished his brunch (lol).

Comment

Personally, I didn't have a problem with the way he acted with Baal. It was the rest of the time that seemed excessive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
          Personally, I didn't have a problem with the way he acted with Baal. It was the rest of the time that seemed excessive to me.

What rest of the time? Yes, when he greeted Jacob he was a bit snarky, but the rest of the time IMO he was serious, well I'll concede a line or too.

I did think this episode jumped around a bit too much, otherwise pretty good, though it introduced stuff that should have had foreshadowing, but didn't. How many places did it go too anyway.

Comment

I'm surprised this episode got lower viewership..it is one of the best SG-1 episodes in..well..ever.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I have no problem with the way Jack behaved toward Baal. It wasn't even remotely close to a surprise. Jack treated Anubis the same way when he did that hologram thingy. Nothing against Jacob but the Tok'ra isn't on good terms with us and the council isn't on good terms with Jacob. They've always withheld information from SG1 and put us through risks. So it doesn't surprise me that Jack isn't listening to his advice. We wanted the Goa'uld to be wiped out, and it isn't like they can help with the replicators anyhow. So props Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                I'm surprised this episode got lower viewership..it is one of the best SG-1 episodes in..well..ever.
                Where did you get this info from?

Also, i loved the episode, minus... well, nvm, i loved all of it.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Have I mentioned that I hate those replicator bugs?!! They give me the creeps!
                  No more Yu? What will become of his 1st Prime? Maybe he'll join up with the resistance. Yay Bra'tac! Yay Jacob! Yay Thor!

The Swan: Anubis's makeover, next on Stargate SG-1!
                  "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

Originally posted by OhForCryinOutLoud

The Swan: Anubis's makeover, next on Stargate SG-1!
                    Yeah, I guess Goa'uld lose their power to heal their hosts when they ascend...or whatever Anubis did. Still not quite clear on that point...
                    He could be an endorsement for Proactiv!

"This is me before...I used to always wear this black shroud over my face because I was so ashamed of my terrible skin. It really used to hold me back. I used Proactiv for a week, and look at me now!" [Pan to shot of new host.] "Now I'm more confident; I can do all the things I was too shy to do before...like use a superweapon to wipe out all other life in the galaxy."

Comment

Do you think the human form replicators will learn how to ascend? Surely they didn't probe DJ's mind just to locate and destroy what they claim is the only weapon in the universe to destroy them. Maybe the Atlantis crew can help with the replicators?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma Desala
                        Do you think the human form replicators will learn how to ascend?
                        I don't think machines can ascend.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Agreed.

Comment

DANG though...how cool would it be if they could? But Daniel thought that if Jack was changed by the sarcophagus he wouldn't be able to ascend...I don't know what Anubis' deal was, but isn't ascension supposed to have something to do with whether you are good or evil? In that case, the replicators probably couldn't ascend anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              I am sure back in the day when the replicators were introduced you never imagined that they would take human form and have human emotions. Now they are in human form. They can even escape a freaking black hole. I do not think ascending is out of their reach. Human form replicators are probably the most advance thing in the universe to this point technology wise. Lets hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                                DANG though...how cool would it be if they could? But Daniel thought that if Jack was changed by the sarcophagus he wouldn't be able to ascend
                                But wasn't Daniel changed in Need (but not completely evil), and he ascended.

Comment

Working...
                                X