No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the episode was decent overall (not as wowed as some, I guess), but am I the only one who thought the Jaffa temple thread came out of no where? Was that place ever mentioned before in the series? I guess it just seemed lame to me that Teal'c and Bray'tac were worried about who gets the Jaffas' hearts while there was such a blantantly more important threat to deal with...
    Fitness Buddies

Comment

Well there wasn't exactly anything the Jaffa could do against the Replicators. Baal was already exhausting everything Goa'uld tactics and technology could do, and it wasn't working. Since the Rebel Jaffa have Goa'uld weapons, there wouldn't be much point in their joining that fight.

I liked this ep, especially the Oma interrogation, but I don't think Jack said anything in the entire episode that wasn't sarcastic, and many of his comments sounded majorly contrived. Trying WAY too hard this time, IMO. Plus I could've done without the whine-fest (Oh crap, we just realized that it's dangerous out here) in the very beginning of the episode.
      Other than that, I liked it. I love the new replicators...Don't understand why everyone wants to see their demise! They're so much better than the Borg. But that is probably one of the purposes behind this three part ep, as much as I'd mourn them--after building them up as the invincible enemy, they couldn't very well undo them for good in a single hour episode.

Comment

Howdy Campers,

So "Reckoning Part 1" -- not much to say about it, really. I guess that could be a good thing. I mean I didn't find it over the top, but I certainly don't regret watching it.

* I thought it was very well balanced between all the characters and their individual "battles" that all add up to a single goal

* Good to see Thor and his "cute little gray bum" again

* O'Neill's scenes with Ba'al were great. Considering what Ba'al did to O'Neill, it's good to see he can face him with the same sarcastic front (although I have to admit, the more nervous around a person I am, the more openly cynical I become)

* Why did they have to play the music from Meridian/Abyss with Daniel? It's the second week in a row -- it makes me sniffle every time...

* The part where Siler and Walter are waiting with Ba'al for O'Neill to arrive is cute.
        Ba'al: Impeudence
        O'Neill: No, tuna

Overall it was a good show. It had good guys, lotsa bad guys, and some old friends. I look forward to seeing the scripts play out on the screen -- there are some interesting twists coming up...
        Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

You know the scene where teal'c and the other jaffa are in the temple and there is ancient writing in the background... did anyone translate the large letters across the top. I have tried but could not get a good view of them all.

Comment

I liked this episode. The O'Neill and Ba'al stuff made me laugh out loud. I think the reason why O'Neill was slightly over the top with his sarcastic remarks had a lot to do with Ba'al's torture in season 6. O'Neil was determind to not give Ba'al any satisfaction and to make him sweat.

But anyway, it was great to see Jacob back again as well as Thor. Unfortunatly, I think the second part was ruined for me because someone typed somewhere
            Spoiler:
            that Daneil dies on the Replicator ship! Can you believe it no spoiler tags at all! You can imagine my fury!

I hope that wasn't the only twist.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
              I liked this episode. The O'Neill and Ba'al stuff made me laugh out loud. I think the reason why O'Neill was slightly over the top with his sarcastic remarks had a lot to do with Ba'al's torture in season 6. O'Neil was determind to not give Ba'al any satisfaction and to make him sweat.

But anyway, it was great to see Jacob back again as well as Thor. Unfortunatly, I think the second part was ruined for me because someone typed somewhere
              Spoiler:
              that Daneil dies on the Replicator ship! Can you believe it no spoiler tags at all! You can imagine my fury!

I hope that wasn't the only twist.
              My thoughts exactly. Just watching the show and knowing the title of the other shows, I figured that Daniel is going to die on the ship. I haven't read any of this thread before posting.

Comment

Liked the ep very much and I can't wait to see part II.

Some of the earlier posts talked about Jack's behavior toward Ba'al. I think it's clear that there are two reasons: one is his feeling toward Ba'al personally. There's no doubt that he hates Ba'al--and probably has more than a few nightmares about what happened in Abyss. He can't reach out and smash Ba'al's face against the wall a few hundred times. But he can whittle him down to size. Deny him the perks of "godhood". Make him wait. Make him ask outright for help. Tweak his arrogance.

The other reason was also very clear: when Jacob asked him what he was doing, Jack turned very serious immediately and advised Jacob that he wasn't going to just sacrifice TEal'c and the Jaffa without making sure that no other course was possible. I liked that scene very much.

(And at the end, Jack picked up immediately as to whom Ba'al was referring.)

Loved Jack's exchange with Jacob that ended with "silverware."

One quibble: Jacob says that the ships that Jack saw were just the ships in a "small quadrant of the galaxy." Jacob, there's no such thing as a *small* (or large) quadrant. A quadrant is 1/4 of a galaxy. And every 1/4 is exactly the same size as every other 1/4, so long as they are quarter's of the same galaxy!

Maybe "small sector of the galaxy" would have been better.

J.
                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

For me, this episode kicked a**! I’ve been waiting for this kind of episode since the beginning of S8. After New Order they should have just skipped to this one. After NO, it basically went down hill from there with a few peaks to rise above par but was littered with mostly deep sinkholes, imho.

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                  * I thought it was very well balanced between all the characters and their individual "battles" that all add up to a single goal
                  Same sentiment here. Granted the “team” was not working together in the same proximity, but I don’t always necessarily need that in order to have a great episode. Each of the main characters had important parts to play in the overall story so far. And their work with secondary characters was excellent. Though Jack was a bit too nonchalant in this one. He could have been more serious. He’s great for some humor with the snarks (especially with Baal), but let’s get serious. It can’t be all snark or giddiness, all the time. RDA did a great job in “Full Alert”. Guess he was all tapped out of seriousness for this one. The humor Walter provided was great. “Never mind.” And he walks away.

It was even great to see Bra’tac, Jacob, Thor, Baal, and even ol’ Anubis in this one. It’s a pity they have not utilized Baal more this season. I just love him. Though I’m sad at the thought that Lord Yu’s first prime was killed by RC. He and Herak will always stand out from the countless first primes killed before them. Plus he was a cutie. And oh yeah, poor Yu as well. Oh well, he had to go sometime. “Chef” was kind of distracting. I kept expecting him to say “Hello there, children.”

They even did a convincing job with Daniel. They had me going thinking that was Oma. Loved how he tripped RC up. Love the look and the way MS delivered the line “What the hell do you want?” to RC. Basically loved all of Daniel in this one. So far it’s the Daniel I enjoy. Not Daniel trying to be Jack. (He wasn’t feelin’ the love from the team, though. Jack and co. didn’t seem overly concerned at him being taken at first when Carter came back through the gate. First words out of my mouth would have been “Where’s Daniel?” They didn’t need to try to be cutesy with that scene.) AT did a great job again as RC.

Why in the h*ll would the Ancients build a device that destroys all life? Unless it has something to do with that viral plague, but still to kill off all life in the galaxy regardless of whether they were infected or not. There is way more to them and their past as corporeal humans. Somebody didn’t used to be so nicey nice as they’d like us to believe. What ever it was for, why leave it laying around? I hope we get some answers.

I think what I liked most is that there was actually a sense of danger and suspense which has become an endangered species in most episodes the last few seasons. I was actually left with wondering how they are going to get out of this situation. Is everyone going to survive? (Though I accidentally spoiled myself in that area for one character.) Hopefully, the magic wand will not be waved and all the danger dealt with in less than 5 minutes. Though I’m not getting the vibe that the Jaffa rebels will triumph in the end. I think they are pretty much getting ready to write them off. Permanently. I can’t wait for part 2 and then Threads. This Friday was outstanding with SG-1, SGA, and BSG. Next Friday can’t get here fast enough.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                    I think what I liked most is that there was actually a sense of danger and suspense which has become an endangered species in most episodes the last few seasons. I was actually left with wondering how they are going to get out of this situation. Is everyone going to survive? (Though I accidentally spoiled myself in that area for one character.) Hopefully, the magic wand will not be waved and all the danger dealt with in less than 5 minutes. Though I’m not getting the vibe that the Jaffa rebels will triumph in the end. I think they are pretty much getting ready to write them off. Permanently. I can’t wait for part 2 and then Threads. This Friday was outstanding with SG-1, SGA, and BSG. Next Friday can’t get here fast enough.
                    That was what was so great about this episode - the danger and suspense were back. All the characters were "in character". Replicarter was great, Daniel was great. Even Jack's exchange with Ba'al seemed a little better on second viewing. This episode passed my "clock" test - I didn't look at it once.

Just wait for Reckoning II - you're going to LOVE it!
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

i was away, does anyone remember enough to give a complete summary??
                      thnx, defina91

Comment

I'll attempt it.

Ba'al sent a Gao'uld messenger to the System Lords (which is down to three...I only recognized Yu) saying that they can keep their territory and power, as long as the bow to him as Supreme Ruler.

Then a Jaffa arrives, whispers to Ba'als messenger, and then Jaffa guards bring Sam in. Yu is surprised and Ba'al messenger accuses them of planning something.

Yu approaches Sam, asks what she's doing here, and Sam is actually RepliCarter, and kills Yu. (bum..bum...bum!!)

Meanwhile, on board a Gao'uld mothership is Teal'C, Bray'tac, Daniel, and Sam. Apparently, the Jaffa rebellion as planned a series of attacks to happen at the same time in order to weaken the Gao'uld.

Daniel and Sam are just there as observers.

However, their target is running late, and when it finally arrives, it doesn't accept the security codes and starts firing. Firing much strong weapons than the ship is cabable of. The ship is badly damage, and they were going to evacuate to the planet and escape via Stargate.

Then replicators arrive and Daniel is beamed away Asgard style.

Back on Earth, Jack is being Jack and is talking to someone about something (can't remember what), and mentions SG-1 isn't do back for a while. Then alarms sound 'Unschedelued off-world evacuation.'. It's SG-1.

Jack goes to meet up with them to see what happens, and Sam explains what happens, and says she believes RepliCarter took Daniel in order to get the information buried deep inside his sub-concscious about Ancient technology.

bum..bum...bum!!

eeer...that's about as much as I remember in chronological order. The rest I can't remember what happened when.
                        *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

I liked this episode but was heartbroken to see Yu die. He was my favorite System Lord and the only decent one. Why did he have to die?

The rest of the show is fun. Daniel gets kidnapped, Jack fools with Baal, Jacob tries to keep the whole "replicator problem" in everyone's minds, Sam and Thor work together, and Teal'C and Bra'tac are, well, just plain cool! THEY TOOK THE TEMPLE! YAAA!

And you have to hate the replicators in this episode, especially the Carter. Poor Daniel, thinking she was Oma Desala! Perhaps this expirence will lead to something in Threads coming up in two weeks. I'm very excited about Reckoning Part II and I hope that it's just as good as this episode was!

And please, bring back Lord Yu...*cries*
                          Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                          In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderqueen
                            And you have to hate the replicators in this episode, especially the Carter. Poor Daniel, thinking she was Oma Desala!
                            I especially enjoyed seeing AT and MS getting to play off of each other using a different dynamic: evil Replicarter vs. captured Daniel. Must have been a nice change from what they've been portraying the last 7 years. I'd gotten so used to seeing them play virtual brother and sister that having RC threatening DJ was a welcome, fresh twist.

Comment

They broke the bank on this one! They brought everyone back. Jacob and Bray'tac were there. Thor was there. Ba'al and Yu were there. RDA was there. Even Oma Desala was there. OK, it was Replicarter, but she was there. They had space scenes. They had temple scenes with candles. I was in Stargate heaven.
                              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I usually agree with you, but, I liked Citizen Joe...I thought it was hilarious. A real nod to the fans. Shows TPTB must read our comments. I LMAO!!!

Loved Reckoning P1, hope P2 is as good. Will miss RDA.
                                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X