No announcement yet.

Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Vala - a thief with a big heart. She reminds me of Amanda of the Highlander franchise. I enjoyed the interplay between Vala and Daniel. Seeing Hammond was a bonus. The Hans Olo line was wonderful!
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Re-watched this episode for the upteenth time. One of my favorites from the season. I love the banter between Jack and Daniel, Gen. Hammond and jack about the chair.

Great times!!

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Great to see Hammond again, and a fabulous intro to Vala. Daniel Jackson was so incredibly sexy in this episode, phew! His "My name is Olo. Hans Olo." had me in tears of laughter. It just surprised me that he and Vala could fit in the same Kull warrior armor... The look on his face when the masked Vala told him she found him attractive.
      Great scene as well!!! I could have done with less hiccup girl, although I liked the scene with her drinking a glass of water upside down. I loved how Walter slides the glass over to her.

The only thing I thought was a little hokey was Vala strangling Daniel with her legs. I cannot imagine her being that tough. But regardless loved their bantering back and forth. Classic stuff!

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
      The prometheus got its a$$ kicked in this episode? The only reason why we survived was because of the al'kesh.
      Yeah I was kinda discouraged by that I thought it seemed awful fast for shields to be down already.

sigpic

Comment

i was really impressed by this episode. it showed hammond getting more action than he ever got throughout his entire tenure at sgc. this episode was also noteworthy because it had the first appearance of the notorious vala mal dorani. i was also surprised by this episode because for a huge portion of it, the only sgc member present was daniel jackson, probably one of michael shanks better performances due to his awesome chemistry with claudia black. it was a blast seeing dj and vala constantly at each other's throats. it was narrowly the second best episode of season 8 so far (right below, its good to be the king). with two back to back good episodes, i have been proven wrong in my skepticism regarding season 8.

Comment

I'm glad you like Vala. You'll be seeing more of her next season. 8) Also, I agree, this is one of the best Hammond episodes of the series. Given that it was the first time we've seen him since "Lost City," the writers decided to go all out.

Comment

Best line in the episode just before Reynolds is about to give mouth to mouth, Hammond wakes up.

Reynolds:Excellent... excellent waking up sir!

Haha reynolds look sooo relieved!

Loved seeing Hammond again. He was awesome in his role.

Comment

I was happily surprised to hear Claudia Black as part of the commentary! The indicated commentator was Andy Mikita, so it was a bonus!
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This was a funny episode. The first of 2 "comedy" episodes during the eighth season.

Daniel and Vala really have some good chemistry.

Hammond being the action guy for once was cool. And the look on Reynolds face when he had to do mouth-to-mouth on Hammond was priceless.

The development of the Lucian Alliance looks so weird in this episode when look at the next 2 seasons (of SG-1) and SGU.

Monday, Maybourne is back and needs our help.
                sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode as a stand alone....Claudia sparkles and of course looks amazing with that figure in the Super Soldier's costume and has the most wonderful tone in her voice, I love low and soft voices in women....the fight scene is played wonderfully for the slapstick and I love the fact that Claudia works so well with Michael and really brings out the comedic side of him - he has great timing imho...probably brought back memories of his theatre training and live performing, where timing is everything...

And "the name's Olo, Hans Olo" is priceless!!....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Just realized that this ep and Gemini are swapped around on my DVD's.

A pretty good ep. Our introduction to Vala. She makes for quite a sexy Super Soldier Daniel was quite freaked out by a Super Soldier possibly cracking onto him. Understandable.

The Prometheus always seems to run into trouble. And Daniel should realize he obviously isn't meant to go to Atlantis.
                    sigpic

Comment

The look on Daniels face when the Super soldier said that he was attractive is hilarious.
                      I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
                      -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

And that little cough just before the "Excuse me?"....*snickers*...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

The only thing i wondered about, was how on earth did vala get her hands on the suit in the first place??

Comment

Once I got the; how much this seemed to be like Daniel looking and acting a bit like the hapless Crichton when he first met Aeryn, here she's the very capable and resourceful Vala, out of my mind it was a good episode.

It had some great funny moments. The 'Supersoldier' coming onto Daniel and his horror filled 'Noooo, don't' when she started to take the helmet off was hilarious.

The almost 'mouth to mouth' revival of Hammond, "Oh, excellent! Excellent waking up, sir. Good job on the crystals, too."

Novak and the hiccups annoyed the hell out of me, however I couldn't dislike her character despite this. She efficiently got the Alkesh going again. It was great seeing Walter utilising skills other than 'opening the iris' and announcing chevron locking sequences!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Anyone actually believe Daniel didn't look when he changed Vala's clothes?
                              Great episode, Vala always makes me laugh
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Prometheus Unhinged...the Rewatch.

1. Again you had to laugh...either that or cry.

2. Hammond was just hyper.

3. You wind up wanting to kill half the characters before the end.

Bad idea...very bad idea...
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X