No announcement yet.

Affinity (807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO this episode wasnt as bad as i had read. i particularly enjoyed the fact that after Teal'c saving earth so many times he is finally allowed to live of base but there are still those who dont trust him which i hate. Overall i think it was pretty good episode.

Comment

does anyone know the sad, slow music when jack and sam are talking about sam getting married and after she asks about what he thought and what if things where different between them that sad slow music. please reply soon. james

Comment

I have no idea but I liked it. haha sorry
        sigpic

Comment

I wonder why they made 2 Teal'c episodes back to back. Anybody have any theories?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
            I wonder why they made 2 Teal'c episodes back to back. Anybody have any theories?
            yeah it rocked i liked avatar best this one was good too i dont know why they put 2 teal'c episodes on together ah well they were both good anyway

Comment

Ok, in the 22 pages of thread, I know someone probably asked this, but I'll ask it again: why does Teal'c move into a high crime area? Surely, he could have moved to some peaceful neighborhood like where Sam lives.

I liked the Teal'c parts of this episode, everything else - not so much.

Comment

Why at the end when the kid has teal'c branding on his skateboard would teal'c be.. honored, it is the mark of apophis..

Comment

Originally posted by kharaa View Post
                  Why at the end when the kid has teal'c branding on his skateboard would teal'c be.. honored, it is the mark of apophis..
                  Probably Teal'c would have been upset but he realized the kid only knew it as a reminder of Teal'c. Something like that I imagine.
                  "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

That kind of bugged me too. I half expected him to react angrily to the kid showing the sign of his false god.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Rewatching this episode last night on Sci-fi that scene made me think the same thing. I see it more of Teal'c knew that the kid (obviously not knowing anything about Apophis or the Goual'd) was honoring Teal'c with having the symbol on the skateboard.
                      GLD

Thanks to Wendy for the Thunkworthy siggy!! And Thanks to Neelan for the wonderful saying!!

My Clones!

My PhotoBucket
                      Snurch if you want!

Comment

A little known fact: There's a homage to crocodile Dundee(When Teal"c throws the avacodo and it knocks the person who stole an old women's stuff.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Pardon the ignorance. BUt what does it mean to be a shipper and why was the stalker comment insulting?

Comment

Originally posted by JackBauer2007 View Post
                            Pardon the ignorance. BUt what does it mean to be a shipper and why was the stalker comment insulting?
                            From the GateWorld FAQ:

A "shipper" (short for "relationshipper") is a fan who is particularly interested in the personal (often romantic) relationship between two particular characters. Sam-Jack Shippers, Daniel-Janet Shippers, Sam-Martouf Shippers and others are common in Stargate fandom.

"Slash" refers to shipping between two characters of the same gender. (You just had to ask ...)

As far as the stalker comment by Pete, in the season 7 episode "Chimera", we first meet Pete who gets some buddy in the FBI or some high up agency to do a background check on Carter when he doesn't believe she's telling him everything and he follows Carter without her knowledge thus winding up in the shootout in the end. A number of fans considered that "stalking" and thus labeled him as such. The big wigs that write for the show read this message board as well as others and tossed that comment in as some kind of acknowledgment/apology/something-another to the fans, imo. As far as fans finding it insulting, I guess it's all in the interpretation. I found it to be insulting towards Pete and a needless comment while other fans thought it was a jab at them. But then again I found the whole introduction of Pete as a Sam/Jack ship wedge to be insulting towards me and his character and I'm anti S/J ship.

Anyway...I still severely dislike this episode. One of the worst eps of Stargate SG-1 ever.
                            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 17 March 2007, 10:05 AM.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Ok, so I just re-watched this episode only for the second time (the first being probably approximately one and a half or 2 years ago when it was shown on tv) and even though I'm a huge J/S shipper, I really liked this episode. (I'll explain a bit further on).

I really enjoyed seeing Teal'c living a 'normal' life in his apartment. The girl and her drunken boyfriend was cliche, but it was still nice to see Teal'c defending her and looking out for everyone else in the neighborhood. The sub-plot with Daniel was also interesting and since I can't remember what happens with the bad guys who 'disappeared', I'm looking forward to finding out.

Originally posted by Token View Post
                              The Sam and Pete storyline I was dreading and was well prepared to never watch the episode again, but I can see the overall feel of the storyline, and I am looking forward with GREAT anticipation of the eventual resolution of the Sam and Jack storyline. I was glad to see the "stalker" issue addressed at least in passing. I was glad to see that Sam is unsure of what she wants for her future, and that she is taking the time to consider her options. I liked Sam's conversation with Jack. It was the most ADULT conversation they have had. Even though I didn't like the fact that she said "yes" and don't want Sam with Pete, I am willing to ride the rollercoster that TPTB have put the Sam and Jack Shippers on.
                              Agreed with everything you said. The "stalker" line surprised me quite a lot, but I wasn't necessarily offended. I thought it was interesting to see the writers addressing the fans/shippers issues with Pete in previous episodes and bringing it up, albeit briefly.

Originally posted by raggedy11 View Post
                              I was surprised that I enjoyed this I did! I am a shipper and I actually found more here to support the S/J ship.
                              I did too. I know Sam said yes to his proposal, but she had doubts (for two weeks) about her decision, so I can only assume that those uncertainties are going to come up again in future episodes, especially when she still has to see Jack everyday at the SGC.

Originally posted by tera'ngan View Post
                              Will somebody PLEASE explain to me O'Neill's comment in Sam's lab?

"Then I wouldn't be here." (Did I remember that right?)

I DON'T GET IT! Is he saying if they had gotten together then he would no longer be at SGC and that he is not willing to do that so she needs to move on? Is he saying of course he cares about her and that's why he is standing there in her lab asking her what's been bothering her? I don't usually post on these episode specific threads because I would just be repeating what everyone else is saying, but this one is bugging me.
                              LOVED the scene with Jack and Sam in the lab. (Do I dare admit I cried? whoops) I read the first 5 or so pages of this thread before replying and so I saw other people have different interpretations of what Jack meant when he said, "Then I wouldn't be here." But I got the impression, particularly considering the subject they were discussing, that he meant he would have retired to be with her, if that is what she had wanted. Of course, she would never ask him to do that, and vise versa. So that is what I read into it.

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper View Post
                              Ok, I am going to have to re-watch this tomorrow because I didn't think it was bad. We had the shippiest scence in years, in the lab. And Jack never looked hotter!
                              Agreed.

Originally posted by the adventurer View Post
                              Nah, Stargate started out Episodic, and it was good. Now it's a real living and breathing show, which characters that I WANT to see in more down to earth circumstances of.
                              This is what I absolutely love about Stargate. No doubt, it started out as a sci-fi show (and still is), but it's not just about aliens and traveling to other worlds anymore. The strong characters that have developed over the years, each with their own attitudes, behaviours, quirks and issues make for awesome viewing and it's the type of show that anyone can watch even if you're not particularly fond of sci-fi.
                              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                              S/J all the way!
                              Big Honkin' Resolution!
                              sigpic
                              John/Teyla Shipper!
                              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry, but almost every part of this episode had me laughing out loud. It was some kind of pseudo-karate-kid moment that made me think of the montage song from Team America

"Even Jaffa have a montage, MONTAGE"

It was just funny. And not necessarily in a good way.
                                Last edited by Bekki; 27 August 2007, 06:46 PM. Reason: EDIT: I must pay homage to the S/J scene. A nice break from the uber intense montage episode
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X