X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
    <snipped by moderator>
    Ok, I'm done now in regards to "that" issue. Now for my real review:

Wow. I thought Affinity was going to be filler. I guess I have to eat my words.

*eats words*

So we're 2 from 7 now (Icon & Avatar being the only filler eps so far).

Now, specifically.

Let's start with the Erica Durance (aka Hot Woman). I liked her. All you Smallville fans can look forward to seeing her as none other than Lois Lane. Teal'c is a lucky man... alien... Jaffa... whatever.

Anyway, back to the plot. Teal'c trying to live a normal life was a lot of fun. He stops crime - he's a super hero!! That was very cool.

But seriously, Erica Durance is hot!

Ok, the NID plot came out of no where and made the episode far more interesting. They have an Asgard transporter? They want Ancient writing translated? And best of all, it isn't explained by episode's end, and the bad guys aren't caught!

Yes folks, this is another episode where we don't win.

The problem with a show that's been running as long as Stargate is is that there are only so many episodes where the team can be in peril, can be captured, can be threatened with death. We always, always know that they're going to get out of trouble, so in order to create any form of tension, you have to add in another factor - the narrative cannot be centred around "Will they make it?" because the answer is always "YES THEY WILL!".

In this case, the other factor was Lois... Erica... Krista... Hot Woman. We didn't know if she would make it, there was a chance of her dying. This, we have tension, and thus, we have a story worth watching. Furthermore, the focus of the narrative became not "Teal'c is framed" but "Why the **** do the NID want this, and why are they teleporting?". It's a switch - the plot takes a sharp turn somewhere else and the audience is left wondering "What the...?".

By episode's end we have Ex-NID up to something that we don't know (windows left open, very nice to be doing that in a show's *possible* final season), Kirsta having killed her boyfriend, and Teal'c being forced to move back to the base. Not a happy ending, well, there was a little bit of happyness...

She said YES!!!

BYE
    Just to say that I find your comments towards shippers to be very insulting.
    I know a lot of RL gaters, and only a few of them are shippers, but I've found that not a lot of people like Pete at all. The character just doesn't come across as a nice person.
    As for hate mail, I've sent a letter to TPTB. I got a neutral fan to read it over for me, and I was careful with the wording despite how I felt at the time. I've read another few shippers' letters, and they've all been very precise and not rude.
    I am very annoyed that you have generalised shippers. People call us crazy because we don't like a character. The majority of people (even the 'insane' shippers) don't want Pete to die, so get your facts straight on that too!

I'll now end my mini rant.
    Last edited by Shipperahoy; 21 August 2004, 10:45 AM. Reason: See original post.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by anisea
      grrr......

this episode mad me soooo mad. i cannot believe she said yes. this has killed my love for the show. maybe stalker pete will change, yes that would be great.

i am soo mad. what a waste of an episode.

Yeah you said it ,.....I posted more on the Sam and Jack shipper thread ..which I don't want to repeat here ....but ....I regret to have sent My music videos to AT ....because apparently she does not and TPTb understand why fans could be dedicated to Sam and Jack ..huhhhhh ...

We saw them work and interact together for 7 seasons and all of a sudden ..a guy ..out of nowhere turns up ...(not even Stargate related )...and takes all Sam and Jack ..Daniel and Teal'c screen time ...

Not fair ....and she kissed him again ...bah.........and said "yes" LIKE 3 TIMES ......Do we have to hear that 3 times for crying out loud?!!!!

If TPTB is reading that ...then they know that S&J shippers now expect a sensual love scene at the end between Sam and Jack .

I mean the scene Teal'c had with that girl while practising martial arts and back to his place was absoultely sensual , and beautiful .....

We really should get something like that with Sam and Jack at the end ......

and please not a boring and stupid simple fishing invitation ....How pathetic is that ....????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe it .....Millions of Sam and Jack shippers are probably gonna stop all their artworks now cuz TPTB would have destroyed their love for the show and SAM AND JACK ..Blind me.......it's very sad indeed.

It'S BAD ...REALLY BAD ...and for the episodes itself ..welll Was it Stargate or what ?? MORE LIKE Columbo = scruffy Pete looking for clues .

Can we please go back to the earlier Stargate episodes ????
      I'm not too keen on Earth episodes unless it's like "Desesperate measures"

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 21 August 2004, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        One thing that bothered me was how Daniel translated the symbols, i find it hard to believe he did it so quickly without any notes.

It was established in 'Fallen' that Daniel can read Ancient as though it were English. It was strongly implied in that episode that this was a kind of 'gift' held over from when he was Ascended.

He doesn't need time to translate Ancient writing.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, but the one thing that is not sitting well with me is the fact that Teal'c's neighbor Crystal did initially attempt to frame him for the murder of her boyfriend. In the end noone seemed to care at all about this devious act. I mean what would/could have happened if the "bad x-nid" guys did not get involved? Would she have continued this charade tried to let Teal'c take the fall for this? No one seems to care that she did commit a murder and drag this guy's body to the wall and convice Teal's to leave town in order to look guilty just to lay the blame on him and not her. Just did not understand why everyone was treating her like an innocent victim and all sad and friendy with goodbyes at the end when she was not. I would have like to see Jack say "cuff her" to law enforcement of something. Or at least see her have some kind of consequence for what she did do and try to do. Did not like the way the writers just let it go. Or did I miss something? Nonetheless, other than that point did like the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
            I really don't mind that they addressed it, but the way the line was written and delivered it felt awkward and self-aware. I don't like them tossing in awkward lines like that just to respond to fans -- at least in an otherwise serious episode. A Wormhole Extreme type pretty much begs for it. However, in a serious episode, it's just gonna sound odd forever in syndication. Make the line natural and deliver it straight or just skip it.
            I agree with you here auralan. I felt like that line---the stalker line---was really cold. Said as an afterthought not really with any meaning. Did they toss a bone to those of us that feel that way about Pete? Totally unnecessary in that surrounding.
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              I think TPTB went way to far. Ok I can see maybe the kiss but the butt rub went way to far for my taste given all previous rules and REGULATIONS!!!
              Oh, definitely. Pete touched the top of her left hip while she was on duty. Send her to Leavenworth. Totally uncalled for - totally unprecedented.

Despite the fact that Jack slept with Kynthia while on duty. Despite the fact that Teal'c kissed Drey'auc (a married woman, at the time) while on duty. Despite the fact that Daniel possibly slept with Shyla while on duty. Desite the fact that Sam kissed Narim while on duty. Despite the fact that Jack hugged Sara while on duty.

Pete touched her hip when he kissed her. Throw the book at him!
              ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by determined1
                Fans who have watched for years are entitled to a positive resolution of the Jack-Sam relationship--the Pete option is not it.
                And what are those of us who have watched since the beginning and still don't want Sam and Jack together entitled to?
                ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Not to defend pete. I hate him too....but I thought they were on the same side.
                  They were on the same side. Teal'c walks out of his apartment (screen left), walks down the hall and knocks on Krista's door (still screen left).

The old woman was across the hall.
                  ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                    ITA. Sam is way too professional for that. Also agree that she'd never discuss SG1 business in public.
                    You're right.

She didn't discuss it with Cassie in a public park, did she?

She didn't discuss it walking down the steps of the Pentagon with Jack, when a reporter across the street with a microphone could record it, did she?
                    ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
                      And what are those of us who have watched since the beginning and still don't want Sam and Jack together entitled to?
                      I'm with you there. I'm half tempted to tell people that I thought Carter and Fraiser had more chemistry (jokingly) than either her and Pete or her and Jack. But that's just starting trouble, and I would never do that.

I don't have an issue with the kiss really, but she could have gone to Leavenworth for the park conversation. I'd have even accepted it if Sam had actually shut him up with the "I could go to prison and so could you, so let's talk about something else," but they don't do that. THey go off to talk about how she's a superhero without tights.

Comment

Originally posted by tera'ngan
                        Will somebody PLEASE explain to me O'Neill's comment in Sam's lab?

"Then I wouldn't be here." (Did I remember that right?)

I DON'T GET IT! Is he saying if they had gotten together then he would no longer be at SGC and that he is not willing to do that so she needs to move on? Is he saying of course he cares about her and that's why he is standing there in her lab asking her what's been bothering her? I don't usually post on these episode specific threads because I would just be repeating what everyone else is saying, but this one is bugging me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some insight for me . . .
                        "If things had been different..." (meaning - if Jack still had his family)

"Then I wouldn't be here." (meaning - if Charlie hadn't died, Jack wouldn't have been sent to Abydos, he and Sara would still be married, and he'd be living the life he intended himself to lead rather than working at the SGC)
                        ~bri~

Comment

I'm still kind of undecided about Jack's statement in the lab and what it was pertaining too. Initially I thought it was pertaining to Sam and Jack since the shippy music started on cue as soon as Sam asked him. And there was that little face she made like she shouldn't have asked. But the Charlie thing makes sense too. I guess it's just one of life's little mysteries.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                            Well looks like we have a new contender for "Worst Stargate Episode Ever"

I don't want to sound so negative, but the show is called Stargate SG-1 not Days Of Our Lives. Don't flame me, this is my opinion, but this episode bored the absolute crap out of me. 1 out of 10.
                            I hope no one flames you. I'm probably 100% in disagreement with a lot of opinions expressed about the episode, but you and they have every right to express them.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
                              little one, it's going to happen -the handwriting is on the wall-
                              A) Do you have a script that says it? B)I'll still express every time how horrible I'd find it, no matter how much "handwriting is on the wall" C) Don't call me little one.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

The conversation in the park kind of bugged me too but Brihana is right in that it's not the first time such a thing has happened. I think some creative license has to be taken for exposition. I think that having Pete propose in the park surrounded by children and families was purposeful and so they sort of disregarded the whole breach of security thing.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X