Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loved this episode i'm a big fan of games so i thought it was great that this episode revolved around games and the references to doom and def jam vendetta made it all the more better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by harsiesis child
      very boring episode.... and virtual reality was already explored in stargate. The beginning of season 8 is not good...
      Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
      It was ok. I'm not a gamer so it put me off a bit.
      Well I have to disagree with both of you on this one. I am not a gamer in any sense of the word except for a couple computer games. However the story was still interesting to me the way he was involved in something only daniel could help him out of was awesome.

You say virtual reality was already explored well we can explore it again. thats like you saying we have already saved a race of people before we shouldnt ever do it again.
      sigpic

Comment

To me, Avatar was never really about a virtual reality game. That was just the tool they used to tell the story. To me, it was about finding out that Teal'c had been fighting the Goa'uld all that time, with no hope that they would win. It was shocking and really got into his mind. Season 9 spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Which is why I felt that him telling Mitchell that he had no doubt the Goa'uld would be defeated was ignoring canon
        And, it was about Daniel suggesting that they work together in the game (and reminding him that they were in it together in real life).
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

They had an opportunity for a lot of gamer stuff but they missed it. Like writing 'I pwn n00bs' on the floor or something.
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            To me, Avatar was never really about a virtual reality game. That was just the tool they used to tell the story. To me, it was about finding out that Teal'c had been fighting the Goa'uld all that time, with no hope that they would win. It was shocking and really got into his mind. Season 9 spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Which is why I felt that him telling Mitchell that he had no doubt the Goa'uld would be defeated was ignoring canon
            And, it was about Daniel suggesting that they work together in the game (and reminding him that they were in it together in real life).
            Wow hahaha dani you are so funny "ignoring cannon". Had not alot of things changed between the time avatar aired and season 9? He never would have suspected that the replicators would have come and basically defeated there enemy for them. would he have?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
              Wow hahaha dani you are so funny "ignoring cannon". Had not alot of things changed between the time avatar aired and season 9? He never would have suspected that the replicators would have come and basically defeated there enemy for them. would he have?

Yeah, I'll have them rolling in the aisles when I do my stand up act. I don't see how knowing the replicators would come in has anything whatsoever to do with my comment that Avatar revealed that Teal'c did not believe that we would win the fight against the Goa'uld and then in season 9 saying
              Spoiler:
              that he always knew that they would be defeated.
              Exactly where do the replicators or his thoughts about the replicators come into that equation?
              Spoiler:
              He didn't say that later on he felt confident because of the replicators. He said he never had any doubts. Season 9 he told Mitchell that he knew all along that the Goa'uld would lose. This is ignoring canon because Avatar cleary shows that he did not know all along. He had doubts. This is canon. Nothing changes the fact that those doubts were there. He may gradually have lost those doubts, but his comment to Mitchell says they never existed in the first place. Not true.
              Again, nothing to do with the replicators.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Originally posted by harsiesis child
                very boring episode.... and virtual reality was already explored in stargate. The beginning of season 8 is not good...
                I have to agree - very boring. Nothing about the ep screamed 'interesting' to me.
                The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Yeah, I'll have them rolling in the aisles when I do my stand up act. I don't see how knowing the replicators would come in has anything whatsoever to do with my comment that Avatar revealed that Teal'c did not believe that we would win the fight against the Goa'uld and then in season 9 saying
                  Spoiler:
                  that he always knew that they would be defeated.
                  Exactly where do the replicators or his thoughts about the replicators come into that equation?
                  Spoiler:
                  He didn't say that later on he felt confident because of the replicators. He said he never had any doubts. Season 9 he told Mitchell that he knew all along that the Goa'uld would lose. This is ignoring canon because Avatar cleary shows that he did not know all along. He had doubts. This is canon. Nothing changes the fact that those doubts were there. He may gradually have lost those doubts, but his comment to Mitchell says they never existed in the first place. Not true.
                  Again, nothing to do with the replicators.

It had to do with it because although it was true that in this episode he did not believe the gou'ald would ever be defeated his oppinion changed. How do you think he ever got out of the game? Daniel convinced him that the gou'ald could be defeated. That is not the only thing that changed his mind the REPLICATORS changed his mind because they dwindled the strength of the gou'ald making him realize that the gou'ald were weak and they COULD be defeated. Which is why teal'c said in season 9 what he did. When you say you do not see what it had to do with your comment "whatsoever" only showed your unwillingness to read through my post and truly understand it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, here's how it goes:

Season 9: Teal'c says he's never doubted the defeat of the Goa'uld.

Season 8: Teal'c doubted the defeat of the Goa'uld.

See the contradiction? It doesn't matter what made him "un-doubt" the defeat of the Goa'uld, it's the fact that for a period of time he had doubt.

Comment

Thank you, PG15. I would have written a long post trying to explain what I meant and it still wouldn't be read or understood.

Originally posted by captain jake
                      When you say you do not see what it had to do with your comment "whatsoever" only showed your unwillingness to read through my post and truly understand it.
                      Yep, I'm unwilling to read posts that I'm responding to. I find it's so much bother. Much easier to randomly click on a post and respond without knowing what I'm responding to.

That last bit was sarcasm, btw.

Comment

this was a great episode i was hoping that they were going to use those graphics for the stargate the alliance but they cancelled that game so that made me really annoyed

Comment

I recently got season 8 on DVD, and it had been a while since I had watched episodes from that season. I knew I had liked Avatar, but when I watched it again I thought that it was THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

Avatar had great action and a great story line. All in all, I give it two thumbs up, 5 stars, and ten out of ten.

Comment

I saw a little preview thing during the ep before this one.. Teal'c gets stuck in a video game? Laaaame..

But it actually turned out quite nice. The video game parts still kinda threw me off (bad graphics, "armor 100%", that sorta thing) but after the start it got better when I realised he wasn't getting out any time soon. The suspense was great because didn't think like "Well, I'm sure they'll get out of this one way or another". I mean I did think that, but I felt less confident about it. That that's good. Also the action was pretty nice. I liked thye part where teal'c hides behind a table (giant man trying to fit into a very small space..) and the supersoldier walks by, sees teal'c crouching next to him- byebye. So yeah, good episode once again.
                            "I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." - Jaim Lannister, a Song of Ice and Fire.

Comment

I am pretty sure that Chloe (from Avenger 2.0) is in this episode. Probably not Jocelyne Loewen who played her in the first episode, but a decent look-alike. Check out 4:56 on the DVD. In the background. There are some other shots of her throughout the episode, where you can see her face and it's not Chloe, but it still looks a lot like her in certain shots.

I thought that was a nice little touch, even if it might have been unintentional.
                              Last edited by Beckmen; 26 February 2007, 01:56 AM. Reason: additional shots info
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I really liked the part where O'Neill suggested plugging in a joystick to help .
                                spoilers for unending:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X