No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sheer vastness of the ancient knowledge might be too much for the replicators

Orrrrrrr the ancients could have designed it to be tamper proof, and only accessable through the Patent Pending HeadSucker. If O'neill could design a weapon in a short time that could counteract the replicators, it would stand to reason that Ancient defense technology protective the Library of the Ancients is so overwhelmingly advanced that the replicators can't get past it.

Since they can't interface with the device through the HeadSucker, it is unlikely that they can eat the Library.
    sigpic

Comment

Hm... wonder the Asgard can't stick their head in it. They are far superior then humans. And if some puny ooman is gonna do it, we're gonna have to wait millions of years.

Comment

Well, perhaps thousands of years ago, when the Asgard were taller, they COULD stick their heads into it. Now, being little guys, they'd have to have a stepladder at the very least.
        sigpic

Comment

They could never think like us and design a device to elevate one's height with the ultimate goal of reaching a high object.
          sigpic

Comment

I was talking about the brain, not the body :>

you are all so shallow

Comment

So then Nolamom made a joke out of it, and then I made a reference to Small Victories.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe the Asgard are to smart to think of a step ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  Maybe the Asgard are to smart to think of a step ladder.
                  That would be...basically....what I said.
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't try to blame someone else Mio

Comment

Oooh! Can we start pointing fingers?!? Let's blame everyone for everything!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's fluffy's fault. I saw him do it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Evidence! Okok, So I didn't realize I had photoshop installed until I went through all of the trouble of making this in Microsoft Paint.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Whew!! Having finally seen Fridays season premiere, I guess it's my turn to express my reaction to it. I've promised myself that this season I will comment on every episode (I hesitate to say 'review' because it will most likely just be a mess of incoherent ramblings and comments) without reading anyone else's reaction first. It won't be of any use to anyone - I'm probably the last person on the forum to have seen it, and not having read the thread so far probably means everything I say has already been thoroughly discussed. Still, here's

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                            of 'New Order'

Since both parts I and II aired as one long episode, I will regard it as such. Ahem. Here goes...

'New Order' had a major coolness factor, the biggest I can think of for any season opener. The Asgard, the System Lords coming crawling to the Tau'ri, the new weapon and just about anything involving the replicators - the ship, the 'replicator rocket', Fifth, the giant flying replicator, replicators in the forest... All so cool!

Oh, and there was funny stuff. Sam: "Understandable." Teal'c: "Indeed. For some."
                            Jack on Thor's ship (the 'Daniel Jackson', heh. I guess the Asgards' crush on Jack is expanding to include his friends as well ).
                            And the whole discussion regarding O'Neill's promotion. Speaking of which, I also enjoyed the ceremony at the end a whole lot - not that it was funny, but it was so satisfying to see Jack and Sam both finally get their due. They sure do deserve it. As for Jack's on-screen time, well - sure, he was nowhere to be seen in the first part. But when he finally did show up he was in it so much that for part II, I would not say the episode was "Jack-light".

I've been anticipating this episode eagerly (as has most people on the GW forums, I'm sure) so much that you'd think it could easily dissappoint. For me, there's no way it could have. It was just too dang good. A truly (cliché alert!) exciting ride (there, it's over) from start to finish (Oh yeah, the finish - was that final scene wonderfully creepy or what?). In short (I know - too late for that), this episode gets...

Last edited by Ugly Pig; 08 September 2004, 01:16 PM.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                              Orrrrrrr the ancients could have designed it to be tamper proof, and only accessable through the Patent Pending HeadSucker.
                              The "Head Sucker" reference through me for a loop for a little while only because the Ancient device technically did not "suck"...it "dumped". Head Sucker sounds cooler, though.

And the Asgard are simply too advanced to think of something as crude as sticking one's head into anything. That's what they need Human allies for.
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                                The "Head Sucker" reference through me for a loop for a little while only because the Ancient device technically did not "suck"...it "dumped". Head Sucker sounds cooler, though.
                                It sucked all the empty space out of Jack's head and filled it with all kinds of alien goodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X