No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I missed the SGA theme the first time I saw "Lost City" myself. I caught it the first time I watched it on DVD, though.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Why was the scene between Sam and Jack in the cargo ship snipped for the marathon? It didn't seem like there was a time issue because I didn't notice anything else had been cut.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Scene between Sam and Jack, you say? Where was it supposed to be? I can't seem to remember that one.

Comment

Yep, after Jack resigns because he's going Ancient, two lines are snipped.
          CARTER: OK. ... Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up, what I was gonna say was ...

O'NEILL: I know. (They look at each other for a moment, then Jack slides the bank of crystals back into position.)
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Ah! I did actually notice that, now that I know where it was. I remembered watching that scene and wondering, "Wasn't there something more, where Jack and Sam ended up making googly eyes over each the crystal panel?" But I was alternating between watching the ep and posting here at the time, so I figured I just missed that part of the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
              Yep, I missed the SGA theme the first time I saw "Lost City" myself. I caught it the first time I watched it on DVD, though.
              When the SGA music started and they said "so where is the lost city" (or something like that) I yelled "in the pegasus galaxy!!!". The SGA music gave me chills.... (I really need to get a life, I suppose)
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I just watched both parts of this episode one right after the other.

My brain couldn't handle all the awesome.

I agree that Season 8 is kind of a let-down after this, but whatever. It had its moments.

The greatest thing about Lost City is that it was supposed to be a movie so it's WRITTEN like a movie. Just very very well done. Although the first part doesn't get very far and might seem kind of wasteful, I loved the whole exposition of it, especially the scene at Jack's house, just where they're all hanging out together. Shanks is really funny in that scene as well.
                The thing I'd say that gives this episode (I'm considering it to just be one two-hour) the real theatrical feel IS that long exposition, especially how it begins. TV writing normally has to get you interested fast so you don't change the channel, and then fit everything into either half an hour or an hour (in the case of SG-1). I just really really love this episode. Alot. Almost enough to say that this really should have been Stargate 2 and that there shouldn't be any season 8, 9 or 10, but I won't go that far.
                why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  When the SGA music started and they said "so where is the lost city" (or something like that) I yelled "in the pegasus galaxy!!!". The SGA music gave me chills.... (I really need to get a life, I suppose)
                  If that's the case, I need to also. The first time I saw Lost City 2 and I heard the SGA music, I was like "Woah! that is some emotional music! Hope they play it again!" Well, I got my wish!
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                    The aveo amacus I think means 'goodbye' and the dolmata thing might mean 'sleep'.

[ponders] Yeah, it's either that or the other way around.
                    I think it's "goodbye friend(s)"--from my high school Latin I think amicus is friend.

Comment

O'Niell! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I rewatched this episode last night and noticed soemthing for the first time. I (and many others apparently) rank this as the best SG-1 episode. And yet, the team does not go trough the Stargate!! Just seemed iroonic...

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
                          I rewatched this episode last night and noticed soemthing for the first time. I (and many others apparently) rank this as the best SG-1 episode. And yet, the team does not go trough the Stargate!! Just seemed iroonic...

timdalton007
                          It is ironic...

Mattathias

Comment

I love the battle over Antarctica.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              This has probably been brought up before and I missed it, but after watching The Lost City, Part II again, just now, I heard the Atlantis theme, once, when they were on the planet where they find the the ZPM and again, when Jack is in the Antarctic and he sits in the chair, releasing the drones. I can't believe I never recognized the melody before this.....it was written before SGA even premiered. Amazing....

Well, need to run, WOO is on and I NEVER miss it! Toodles!
                              Really? I need to rewatch this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                                I have watched Lost City loads of times on DVD and I still hadn't caught the use of the Atlantis music until I saw it mentioned here. D'oh!
                                always and forever
                                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Working...
                                X